Apparently the players want these two coaches

Strong wouldn't be a bad hire. Its hard following someone who has been at Texas that long. Player mutiny and all. Plus I don't think many of the admin accepted him because of his skin tone. In any case he still gets held responsible for getting blown out that many times. I don't discount losing no matter the circumstances. It matters

Advertisement
The same people hating on strong are the ones calling butch god. Even though he lost bad games while at carolina. He also never won the coastal.

I think both are great coaches. Both would be great hires.

"My son spoke with his friend on the team. All the players are enthusiastic about either Butch or Strong being the coach. Their preference is split 50-50. I believe with Strong where there is smoke there is fire."

Got this from another site, the poster son knows freshman lineman gauthier.

I think the Charlie strong rumor is legit

I'm not trying to be an ***, but I couldn't care less. The players wanted Coker, too. The players don't get to decide and they sure as **** can't get the impression that they get to. If they begin to think they have that kind of power, the coach is immediately undermined.

crossover22[]_[];2354513 said:
The same people hating on strong are the ones calling butch god. Even though he lost bad games while at carolina. He also never won the coastal.

I think criticizing Butch's record at UNC/who he hired there is fair.

But Butch also wasn't shut out by teams like Iowa State, nor did he have losing records at UNC, unlike Strong.

But Butch also wasn't shut out by teams like Iowa State, nor did he have losing records at UNC, unlike Strong.

I agree the iowa state loss is a bit scary but that same team beat Oklahoma.

Im on your side about butch. But i live in north carolina. Alot of unc grads around here thought he had way to much talent to lose some of the games he lost. They also hated his offense.

There is no perfect candidate. I really think butch or strong would do great at miami. But there are questions with both.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2354651 said:

Im on your side about butch. But i live in north carolina. Alot of unc grads around here thought he had way to much talent to lose some of the games he lost. They also hated his offense.

There is no perfect candidate. I really think butch or strong would do great at miami. But there are questions with both.

His offense concerns me. Really conservative at Miami (worked because we had studs) and sucked at UNC

It's about winning games, not style points.

Too many here are like Fraulden, joined at the hip to a rigid system. The best system is the one that adjusts to take advantage of the other team's weakness.

It's a chess match, not checkers.

No they aren't. I think Strong would be a disaster and I don't want Butch as the next coach.

Advertisement
Strong would be an excellent hire down here don't let them blowouts fool you, that ship was about to sink before he got to Texas less than 2 years ago, people in Texas expected a miracle out of him too fast and too soon. Miami already has talent, but their play not to lose mentality and refusal to change elements of the defense and offense has worn out its stay down here. Strong is a defensive minded coach something that we need to hang our hats on.

As far as the pictures of the Hurricane player in these summer playboy photo shoots all that crap needs to be shredded, give me some pics and video of them popping pads and lifting weight next summer, because the way we get push around at times show you that all of them are not being challenge by the staff to put in work when they are not around like the teams of the 80s,90s,and 00s

At what point will some of the players realize that fans' demanding excellence is an important factor in getting them a new coach? Not that, as fans, we're looking for recognition. We just want WINS.

His offense concerns me. Really conservative at Miami (worked because we had studs) and sucked at UNC

Totally agree with you there.

Advertisement

I know some UNC fans that live in NC, and they don't reflect what you said at all.

They never, EVER had any offense until Butch got there, and it could be argued that they never had a competitive football team until Butch got there - it was a basketball school. How in Hades can they hate his offense, when it was the first real offense they'd had?

It was good enough to kick UM's *** every year - except one year when his starters were yanked.

Butch wasn't allowed to play his string out - the school screwed up - and many of his starters were pulled from playing, a couple suspended, and he STILL went 8-5 his last season, and won his bowl game.

In fact, many UNC hardcore fans I talk to were furious that Butch was fired, and furious at the University for cheating some ten years before Butch ever got there. They could not believe that their first really good coach was fired for something he didn't have anything to do with.

Strong? At Louisville, the planets lined up for him.

Now, he just suks.

I know some UNC fans that live in NC, and they don't reflect what you said at all.

They never, EVER had any offense until Butch got there, and it could be argued that they never had a competitive football team until Butch got there - it was a basketball school. How in Hades can they hate his offense, when it was the first real offense they'd had?

It was good enough to kick UM's *** every year - except one year when his starters were yanked.

Butch wasn't allowed to play his string out - the school screwed up - and many of his starters were pulled from playing, a couple suspended, and he STILL went 8-5 his last season, and won his bowl game.

In fact, many UNC hardcore fans I talk to were furious that Butch was fired, and furious at the University for cheating some ten years before Butch ever got there. They could not believe that their first really good coach was fired for something he didn't have anything to do with.

Strong? At Louisville, the planets lined up for him.

Now, he just suks.

Im sure some feel that way but im around them every day. Some of his teams were loaded and couldnt beat crappy teams.

Sorry but unc had some success way before butch. They had some good teams when julius peppers was there.

But are they the best guys for the job. You can't let the inmates run the asylum. Just hire the best guy.

Advertisement
Why is Strong such a good "fit" in Miami? Just because he's black? He seems like a pretty corny conservative black dude to me. Why's that such a good fit in Miami?

Bro because recruiting bro

Bro, isn't he getting his *** kicked recruiting at Texas, bro?
His class is ***. 6 other schools in texas are recruiting vetter than him in texas lol. Clintt hurtt was a great recruiter

Why is Strong such a good "fit" in Miami? Just because he's black? He seems like a pretty corny conservative black dude to me. Why's that such a good fit in Miami?

Bro because recruiting bro

Bro, isn't he getting his *** kicked recruiting at Texas, bro?
His class is ***. 6 other schools in texas are recruiting vetter than him in texas lol. Clintt hurtt was a great recruiter
That's what concerns me about Strong (aside from getting his *** beat from Iowa State). Can he still recruit without his bag man?

Strong's resume reminds me a lot of Golden's. Its better than Golden's obviously but its similar in that once you start digging all doesn't seem right.

Butch is definitely a step or two above Strong. I just think they are cut from the same cloth and believe both should be fall back options if we don't land other options.

Advertisement
Back