Apparently the players want these two coaches

Advertisement
Strong to UT is like Rich Rod to Michigan, terrible fit. Most people are aware of that and thats why he is still a strong candidate. My first choice is Pagano or Butch but I wouldnt be mad at Strong being hired. Seem like he tried to build UL in the mold of Miami, makes you wonder what he could do with the real Miami.

Last edited:
The players wanted clappy because they knew he would stay the **** out of the way.. Only reason.. That team coached themselves and once the core of them left the recruits and younger guys couldn't coach themselves and here we are..

Strong to UT is like Rich Rod to Michigan, terrible fit. Most people are aware of that and thats why he is still a strong candidate. My first choice is Pagano or Butch but I wouldnt be mad at Strong being hired. Seem like he tried to build UL in the mold of Miami, makes you wonder what he could do with the real Miami.
Agree with this

Great options... my 1st and 3rd choices with Patterson in the middle at 2nd. Strong or Butch is a win for Miami.

Advertisement
"My son spoke with his friend on the team. All the players are enthusiastic about either Butch or Strong being the coach. Their preference is split 50-50. I believe with Strong where there is smoke there is fire."

Got this from another site, the poster son knows freshman lineman gauthier.

I think the Charlie strong rumor is legit

Brock...we appreciate you working your tail off and taking full responsibility for this.

This

Advertisement
Strong would kill it at Miami. Like Urban once said, it is easier to win at schools like Louisville if your a good coach cause you can really get the underrated south florida studs and put together a good roster.Think if he had access to the top florida players. IMO I would rather have Herman or Butch but I do not think strong can recruit his personnel in Texas. The boosters in Texas are bias to the extreme and only want Texas recruits.

I think they are the best candidates. I would be fine with either one with a much stronger preference with Butch. His staff would be killer.

Players should not be consulted.
It's irrelevant who the players want.

I completely agree with you.

And fans shouldn't be consulted, either. Completely irrelevant who the fans want, because none of us get to sit in the actual interviews.

Strong would kill it at Miami. Like Urban once said, it is easier to win at schools like Louisville if your a good coach cause you can really get the underrated south florida studs and put together a good roster.Think if he had access to the top florida players. IMO I would rather have Herman or Butch but I do not think strong can recruit his personnel in Texas. The boosters in Texas are bias to the extreme and only want Texas recruits.

Is their a barrier/border that prevents the underrated south florida kids from entering Texas?

Advertisement
"My son spoke with his friend on the team. All the players are enthusiastic about either Butch or Strong being the coach. Their preference is split 50-50. I believe with Strong where there is smoke there is fire."
Got this from another site, the poster son knows freshman lineman gauthier.
I think the Charlie strong rumor is legit

I chuckle every time these sauces are being unleashed, but each time it's someone other than Butch and then Butch. Interdasting

Advertisement

Is their a barrier/border that prevents the underrated south florida kids from entering Texas?

The point I'm trying to make is Strong would do better with florida players on his squad. He would get a bad rep if he loaded up with south florida players.

Good point. Why was he able to sell those kids on Louisville but not the University of Texas?

Good point. Why was he able to sell those kids on Louisville but not the University of Texas?

It is a bullchit argument, I assure you kids would rather be in Austin over Louisville.

The point I'm trying to make is Strong would do better with florida players on his squad. He would get a bad rep if he loaded up with south florida players.

Is he prevented from getting them at Texas?

Advertisement
Back