Apparently the players want these two coaches

Advertisement
Strong would kill it at Miami. Like Urban once said, it is easier to win at schools like Louisville if your a good coach cause you can really get the underrated south florida studs and put together a good roster.Think if he had access to the top florida players. IMO I would rather have Herman or Butch but I do not think strong can recruit his personnel in Texas. The boosters in Texas are bias to the extreme and only want Texas recruits.

Is their a barrier/border that prevents the underrated south florida kids from entering Texas?
Good point. Why was he able to sell those kids on Louisville but not the University of Texas?

It is a bullchit argument, I assure you kids would rather be in Austin over Louisville.

das not what the kids say, they liked ul more to be honest.

Strong would kill it at Miami. Like Urban once said, it is easier to win at schools like Louisville if your a good coach cause you can really get the underrated south florida studs and put together a good roster.Think if he had access to the top florida players. IMO I would rather have Herman or Butch but I do not think strong can recruit his personnel in Texas. The boosters in Texas are bias to the extreme and only want Texas recruits.

Is their a barrier/border that prevents the underrated south florida kids from entering Texas?
Good point. Why was he able to sell those kids on Louisville but not the University of Texas?

It is a bullchit argument, I assure you kids would rather be in Austin over Louisville.

Who the *** wants to go to Louisville over Austin for college?

I'm a Butch guy but have absolutely no reservations about Charley Strong. He'll out recruit any coach in the state of Florida. Would have a huge impact in AA community and its not negative racial comment to say that's where the best players come from. He knows defense and my only concern would be the OC. I hate 100% spread set coaches. Don't think a pro OC would make a lateral move to be OC here.

Advertisement

Name a South Florida kid that went to Texas. They just don't recruit down here much if at all. Texas generally stays in state and who could blame them. It's not a matter of kids wanting to go to Louisville over Texas it's about what offers those kids had. Most of those South Florida studs that Strong got were kids who were passed over by Miami.

I'm a Butch guy but have absolutely no reservations about Charley Strong. He'll out recruit any coach in the state of Florida. Would have a huge impact in AA community and its not negative racial comment to say that's where the best players come from. He knows defense and my only concern would be the OC. I hate 100% spread set coaches. Don't think a pro OC would make a lateral move to be OC here.

Sounds like someone I know...

proxy.php

It's good to hear that Butch is on their mind....with some luck (and a rare burst of competence from the BOT) he'll be the one coaching them soon...

"My son spoke with his friend on the team. All the players are enthusiastic about either Butch or Strong being the coach. Their preference is split 50-50. I believe with Strong where there is smoke there is fire."

Got this from another site, the poster son knows freshman lineman gauthier.

I think the Charlie strong rumor is legit

I don't know how I feel about Strong to be honest. His struggles at UT certainly give me pause.

I actually think if not Butch, I would go with Herman. Program certainly wouldn't lack for intensity.

Advertisement

Name a South Florida kid that went to Texas. They just don't recruit down here much if at all. Texas generally stays in state and who could blame them. It's not a matter of kids wanting to go to Louisville over Texas it's about what offers those kids had. Most of those South Florida studs that Strong got were kids who were passed over by Miami.

Your kidding right, there are several he got who could of went anywhere .

I don't know how I feel about Strong to be honest. His struggles at UT certainly give me pause.

I actually think if not Butch, I would go with Herman. Program certainly wouldn't lack for intensity.

He was left nothing but a bunch over rated texas kids who have a since of entitlements. I would say about 20 of those kids not belong just got a scholarship because of booster money. Lets be real here the U is in the Middle of the best talent in the world. Strong would lock most of it down

Your kidding right, there are several he got who could of went anywhere .
Give Clint the bag man an assist for that.

Strong is a decent coach, but we have the ability to bring back the guy who built the greatest team in history, there should be no discussion.

Advertisement

Does the coach have no control over who they recruit?

He was left nothing but a bunch over rated texas kids who have a since of entitlements. I would say about 20 of those kids not belong just got a scholarship because of booster money. Lets be real here the U is in the Middle of the best talent in the world. Strong would lock most of it down

**** Strong.

Being a "bad fit" isn't an excuse to get shut out by teams like Iowa State.

I'm somewhere between these two positions.

Advertisement
F what they want. No offense but golden would still be hc if they had there way.

Strong is a joke man muhahahahhaah

Good coaches do not have losses like that. Period. Texas's "bare cupboard" still ***** all over Iowa State's.

These are most likely the same morons who went on and on about the "bare cupboard" under both Shannon and Golden. They never learn.

we should go ahead and hire Butch so he can get to work on this recruiting class. we really need a great class in 2016 since the 2015 class blows.

I suspect that there will be a lot of NJ LBs headed back to NJ once Butch takes over

Advertisement
Back