Apparently the players want these two coaches

Either hire would be a win for Miami. I'd be hype about Strong, Butch is my 1b at this point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Really don't understand the hatred for Charlie Strong. Look what he did at Louisville with FLORIDA kids. He has nothing at Texas. He'd have our D playing out of their minds. I understand he isn't the greatest but there are plenty worse hires. chud,wario,schiano to name a few.

Really don't understand the hatred for Charlie Strong. Look what he did at Louisville with FLORIDA kids. He has nothing at Texas. He'd have our D playing out of their minds. I understand he isn't the greatest but there are plenty worse hires. chud,wario,schiano to name a few.

Strong is not my first choice, but he is so much better than most of the other choices we've been hearing about.

I have Butch and Pagano ahead of Strong.

Advertisement
Strong would kill it at Miami. Like Urban once said, it is easier to win at schools like Louisville if your a good coach cause you can really get the underrated south florida studs and put together a good roster.Think if he had access to the top florida players. IMO I would rather have Herman or Butch but I do not think strong can recruit his personnel in Texas. The boosters in Texas are bias to the extreme and only want Texas recruits.

Is their a barrier/border that prevents the underrated south florida kids from entering Texas?
Good point. Why was he able to sell those kids on Louisville but not the University of Texas?

Texas was never a destination spot for South Florida kids. BITD, South Florida kids would go to OU, or some other mid-west school before they went to Texas. I'm surprised Strong has the handful of Florida kids He has on the roster now.

Advertisement
this hire would make mine move from semi erect to fully flaccid.

To each his own. I don't have time to defend my stance right now but I understand why some are skeptical.
of all the names, he is not the worst but def not the best. He would be at the bottom of a final list. My top list includes Butch and Herman. Strong, Richt et, al are not at the top but much better than the mario BS

No matter who you hire you have to talk to the players about it smh... op is just saying who players want... they are allowed to have an opinion just as much as we are lol.

Some fans dont want a guy who has ties to South Florida and has elite defenses, but would rather have Herman who coaches at ICDC College they are 8-0 now hes the best thing since slice bread...lol FOH...Offense scores points, defense wins Championships..Give me Butch or Strong

Advertisement
players only wanted coker because they knew he wouldnt rock the ship.... he would leave everything as is.. a new coach would of put their own spin on things...

Strong is a joke man muhahahahhaah

Good coaches do not have losses like that. Period. Texas's "bare cupboard" still ***** all over Iowa State's.

These are most likely the same morons who went on and on about the "bare cupboard" under both Shannon and Golden. They never learn.

Except the imbeciles probably spelled it "cubbard".

Advertisement
Why is Strong such a good "fit" in Miami? Just because he's black? He seems like a pretty corny conservative black dude to me. Why's that such a good fit in Miami?

But that's what we thought about Randy Shannon as well. Great D, would get any AA kid he wanted from SFL. Now, I think Strong is a better coach than Shannon, but you simply can't hire a guy based on getting the kids in here, maybe. We need a good head COACH, not a head recruiter. I liked Strong a lot better until his recent MIGHTY struggles at Texas. On the verge of epic failure there, so it's hard to get excited about that coming here.
I'm a Butch guy but have absolutely no reservations about Charley Strong. He'll out recruit any coach in the state of Florida. Would have a huge impact in AA community and its not negative racial comment to say that's where the best players come from. He knows defense and my only concern would be the OC. I hate 100% spread set coaches. Don't think a pro OC would make a lateral move to be OC here.

Advertisement
Back