Apparently the players want these two coaches

Why is Strong such a good "fit" in Miami? Just because he's black? He seems like a pretty corny conservative black dude to me. Why's that such a good fit in Miami?

Bro because recruiting bro

Bro, isn't he getting his *** kicked recruiting at Texas, bro?
His class is ***. 6 other schools in texas are recruiting vetter than him in texas lol. Clintt hurtt was a great recruiter
That's what concerns me about Strong (aside from getting his *** beat from Iowa State). Can he still recruit without his bag man?
He will load our roster with talent. But needs a significant talent advantage to win. Don't know that he will pull enough players to have that advantage.

I just want a guy that can actually coach, that can do more with less and pull out wins through his coaching acumen. I'm tired of being at a coaching disadvantage. Get a stud Xs and Os coach and the rest will take care of itself.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2355291 said:
crossover22[]_[];2354651 said:
crossover22[]_[];2354513 said:
The same people hating on strong are the ones calling butch god. Even though he lost bad games while at carolina. He also never won the coastal.

I think both are great coaches. Both would be great hires.
I think criticizing Butch's record at UNC/who he hired there is fair.

But Butch also wasn't shut out by teams like Iowa State, nor did he have losing records at UNC, unlike Strong.

I agree the iowa state loss is a bit scary but that same team beat Oklahoma.

Im on your side about butch. But i live in north carolina. Alot of unc grads around here thought he had way to much talent to lose some of the games he lost. They also hated his offense.

There is no perfect candidate. I really think butch or strong would do great at miami. But there are questions with both.

I know some UNC fans that live in NC, and they don't reflect what you said at all.

They never, EVER had any offense until Butch got there, and it could be argued that they never had a competitive football team until Butch got there - it was a basketball school. How in Hades can they hate his offense, when it was the first real offense they'd had?

It was good enough to kick UM's *** every year - except one year when his starters were yanked.

Butch wasn't allowed to play his string out - the school screwed up - and many of his starters were pulled from playing, a couple suspended, and he STILL went 8-5 his last season, and won his bowl game.

In fact, many UNC hardcore fans I talk to were furious that Butch was fired, and furious at the University for cheating some ten years before Butch ever got there. They could not believe that their first really good coach was fired for something he didn't have anything to do with.

Strong? At Louisville, the planets lined up for him.

Now, he just suks.

Im sure some feel that way but im around them every day. Some of his teams were loaded and couldnt beat crappy teams.

Sorry but unc had some success way before butch. They had some good teams when julius peppers was there.

I've seen Ohio State lose to crappy teams. Alabama lose to crappy teams. Notre Dame lose to crappy teams. USC lost to crappy teams. Texas lost to crappy teams. Oklahoma lose to crappy teams. LSU lose to crappy teams. Utah lose to crappy teams. Oregon lose to crappy teams.

I can go on and on, but your point is meaningless.

There is NO perfect coach. Some are just better than others, and then at times a team will go unbeaten with a combination of schedule, luck, and coach.

Butch can do this, and do this very well.

You do realize that time is running short. There are already over half a dozen teams actively searching for a new coach. In just 30 days, there's going to be a coaching scramble among a dozen schools, and there are only a handful of capable, proven coaches who are winners.

Most are state schools with much more resources than UM. Bigger paychecks. Bigger bonuses. More perks from wealthy alumni.

So let's occupy ourselves with incremental nuances while the curtain closes around us. Let's throw fifty half-assed choices up against the wall, just to see if we can hit it.

And we'll once again, likely get stuck with another **** after all the other schools get their picks in with much bigger pay/benefits packages.

In fact, let's hold off until we can pick a coach who has never, EVER lost a game to a lesser opponent.

Let's hold off until we can find the one and only perfect coach.

Just like you want to do.

crossover22[]_[];2355291 said:
crossover22[]_[];2354651 said:
I think criticizing Butch's record at UNC/who he hired there is fair.

But Butch also wasn't shut out by teams like Iowa State, nor did he have losing records at UNC, unlike Strong.

I agree the iowa state loss is a bit scary but that same team beat Oklahoma.

Im on your side about butch. But i live in north carolina. Alot of unc grads around here thought he had way to much talent to lose some of the games he lost. They also hated his offense.

There is no perfect candidate. I really think butch or strong would do great at miami. But there are questions with both.

I know some UNC fans that live in NC, and they don't reflect what you said at all.

They never, EVER had any offense until Butch got there, and it could be argued that they never had a competitive football team until Butch got there - it was a basketball school. How in Hades can they hate his offense, when it was the first real offense they'd had?

It was good enough to kick UM's *** every year - except one year when his starters were yanked.

Butch wasn't allowed to play his string out - the school screwed up - and many of his starters were pulled from playing, a couple suspended, and he STILL went 8-5 his last season, and won his bowl game.

In fact, many UNC hardcore fans I talk to were furious that Butch was fired, and furious at the University for cheating some ten years before Butch ever got there. They could not believe that their first really good coach was fired for something he didn't have anything to do with.

Strong? At Louisville, the planets lined up for him.

Now, he just suks.

Im sure some feel that way but im around them every day. Some of his teams were loaded and couldnt beat crappy teams.

Sorry but unc had some success way before butch. They had some good teams when julius peppers was there.

I've seen Ohio State lose to crappy teams. Alabama lose to crappy teams. Notre Dame lose to crappy teams. USC lost to crappy teams. Texas lost to crappy teams. Oklahoma lose to crappy teams. LSU lose to crappy teams. Utah lose to crappy teams. Oregon lose to crappy teams.

I can go on and on, but your point is meaningless.

There is NO perfect coach. Some are just better than others, and then at times a team will go unbeaten with a combination of schedule, luck, and coach.

Butch can do this, and do this very well.

You do realize that time is running short. There are already over half a dozen teams actively searching for a new coach. In just 30 days, there's going to be a coaching scramble among a dozen schools, and there are only a handful of capable, proven coaches who are winners.

Most are state schools with much more resources than UM. Bigger paychecks. Bigger bonuses. More perks from wealthy alumni.

So let's occupy ourselves with incremental nuances while the curtain closes around us. Let's throw fifty half-assed choices up against the wall, just to see if we can hit it.

And we'll once again, likely get stuck with another **** after all the other schools get their picks in with much bigger pay/benefits packages.

In fact, let's hold off until we can pick a coach who has never, EVER lost a game to a lesser opponent.

Let's hold off until we can find the one and only perfect coach.

Just like you want to do.

Thats my point. People saying strong sucks becauae he lost to iowa state. But claiming butch is god.

Every team loses. I was pointing out that butch was underachieving with the talent he had.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back