2013Clemson11–27–12nd (Atlantic)W Orange78
2014Clemson10–36–22nd (Atlantic)W Russell Athletic1515
2015Clemson14–18–01st (Atlantic)W Orange†, L CFP NCG22
2016Clemson14–17–1T–1st (Atlantic)W Fiesta†, W CFP NCG11
2017Clemson12–27–11st (Atlantic)L Sugar44
2018Clemson15–08–01st (Atlantic)W Cotton†, W CFP NCG11
2019Clemson14–18–01st (Atlantic)W Fiesta†, L CFP NCG22
2020Clemson5–04–0

I'm not suggesting Manny is Dabo but look at Clemson as a model. It takes time. It is going to take several more years of consistent, winning football for us to recruit the type of players that can have us competing for a NC.
Correct. There’s steps to take to build a national contender. Especially when the team has been bad for so long. The jury is still out on whether Manny is the guy who can make those steps but they seem headed in the right direction. Hopefully we can parlay any success we have this year into future success on the field and in recruiting. In the past any time it looked like Miami was ready to make that next step, they fell on their faces and bad results on the field led to bad results on the recruiting front. I want to see the positive momentum continue

Advertisement
What would a good offense put on Pitt?

Pitt’s D is ranked 17th in the S&P+. You think we should light it up?

BC and NC State both had more yards and fewer turnovers with about the same TOP. All three teams had the ball around 29 to 30 minutes.

Are you saying our offense being on par with NC State and BC is good enough to get to 10-1?

BC and NC State both had more yards and fewer turnovers with about the same TOP. All three teams had the ball around 29 to 30 minutes.

Are you saying our offense being on par with NC State and BC is good enough to get to 10-1?
Huh? I think you need to actually read my post again and what it is asking.

Huh? I think you need to actually read my post again and what it is asking.

The premise of this thread was about winning out and going 10-1. I said our offense wasn’t good enough to do that. You responded to my post about our stats Saturday. So I don’t think you understood my post.

Our offense was as good as NC State’s and BC’s against that top 17 defense. I’m asking you, if you think having an offense on par with those two teams is capable of getting us to the ACC Championship.

And to answer your exact question with a yes or no, we needed to do better than what we did. Part of that is on the defense, but I’m saying 300 yards and two turnovers isn’t cutting it. We had 3 TD drives under 50 yards. Pitt is basically us from last year. Complaining about giving up 30 points when the numbers don’t translate to their defense being that bad.

Advertisement
The premise of this thread was about winning out and going 10-1. I said our offense wasn’t good enough to do that. You responded to my post about our stats Saturday. So I don’t think you understood my post.

Our offense was as good as NC State’s and BC’s against that top 17 defense. I’m asking you, if you think having an offense on par with those two teams is capable of getting us to the ACC Championship.

Yes, I responded to your stats against Pitt’s defense, and asked what would a good offense do against the 17th ranked defense in the country?

All this other stuff you’re now saying is gibberish I didn’t bring up or respond to.

If we turn the ball over, get dumb penalties and keep on playing inconsistently on offense we can lose multiple games.

If we can win the turnover battle and find ways to play a bit smarter we can win out.

At this point I would just be happy with an Orange Bowl appearance (or any NY's 6 bowl ) no matter how we get there. Hopefully we win it this time.

just looking at the rest of the schedule it's mostly coastal teams left along with Wake and the Wolf pack.
There is literally nothing special left now that UNC was exposed by the worst FSU team in our lifetimes.

Can someone explain to me why the ESPN PFF projects VT over Miami?? VT can't even figure out who wants to play QB there.

We should easily win out and then either the ACCCG or a high tier bowl game.

Careful. None of these teams are all that good, clearly, but they are all still capable of playing hard and beating a team like Miami.

Advertisement
just looking at the rest of the schedule it's mostly coastal teams left along with Wake and the Wolf pack.
There is literally nothing special left now that UNC was exposed by the worst FSU team in our lifetimes.

Can someone explain to me why the ESPN PFF projects VT over Miami?? VT can't even figure out who wants to play QB there.

We should easily win out and then either the ACCCG or a high tier bowl game.
Did you forget we have another Bye? How in the world can you expect us to win a game after a Bye? We just do not do that kind of thing.

Miami has been choking away a few ACC games-per-season since joining the conference in 2004—sans 2017, where they eked out a bunch of wins and wound up with a 10-1 record that could've just as easily have been 7-4 (FSU, GT, UNC, CUSE, etc.)

This "we have no business losing any more games" nonsense is just that—nonsense.

Aside from this being a quirky year with weekly upsets, Miami still has a brutally bad offensive line. Clemson exposed it and bold to believe that the Canes should just roll through the next six games.

Also, North Carolina's slow start at Florida State doesn't mean the Tar Heels will be any less of a pushover on December 5th. That game and the road game at Virginia Tech will be dogfights. Virginia's defense will come at the Canes porous o-line next week, as well—though that should absolutely be a winnable game.

North Carolina State, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest should be winnable games, as well—but the season isn't a "failure" if Miami somehow drops another game in this strange 2020, with a sub-par o-line.

This season is already stepping up to be a step forward from 6-7 last year (on the heels of a 7-9 run from Richt after the 10-0 start in 2017.)

The next step is for Miami to parlay that into a strong close to recruiting—as well as hitting the Portal hard again.
i honestly think there is 0% chance we go undefeated the rest of the way and i don't see how anyone sees otherwise. We looked pretty crappy on saturday. We know the issues we at WR, LB, and OL and people think it won't show up in at least one road game? If you told me we had a great coach maybe..........but we know we have guy that last year ended season how he did. Again, i hope i'm super wrong but i don't see it at all.

Advertisement
I know fans like to set these firm lines in the sand so they can demand coaches be fired if they cross them.....
Exactly. That's all these kinds of posts are ever intended to be. They're setups for future hissyfits. These trash will do everything in their power to try to undermine a realistic building of the program.

Let’s just focus on UVA...keep improving - stop the yearly nonsense as we are NOT at a stage where we can pencil any wins as our past 10 year history shows. UNC surely was playing the pencil in losses game and surely FSU was not one of them. Get the focus on UVA pls

Advertisement
you must be new to Miami. See what we do here is make this claim early before the season starts and then get furious after another 6 loss season.

You are late to the game.

And VT & UNC are going to give us all we can handle.

You are a true fan and know the history very well. I'll be happy if they go 4-2 in this stretch.

Advertisement
Back