Anything other than 10-1 is a failure at this point

just looking at the rest of the schedule it's mostly coastal teams left along with Wake and the Wolf pack.
There is literally nothing special left now that UNC was exposed by the worst FSU team in our lifetimes.

Can someone explain to me why the ESPN PFF projects VT over Miami?? VT can't even figure out who wants to play QB there.

We should easily win out and then either the ACCCG or a high tier bowl game.
Here we go again, Same **** every year.

Advertisement
Bro, WTF are you talking about on offensive output. OK, Clemson shut us down. That's the #1 team. And then everyone was saying Pitt, whose D was 1st in the acc in yards per play, would follow that exact formula too. Miami scored the most points on them they've given up in regulation, and King had 4 TDs. I pray that other teams go ahead and try to copy Pitt and Clemson, since no one else has a defense even as good as Pitts.
Not only did Pitt try to do the same but they tried doing it with some really talented players.
I don’t think people realize that fapoo, UAb, and Pitt have some nfl talent on that line. Even fspoo has good players on that defense and they shut down unc for a whole half. We didn’t cover against Pitt because of turnovers and a mercy kneeling at the goal line.
Is it perfect? Absolutely not.
But way better than the last 2 years of having our defense constantly out there after multiple 3 and outs against teams with average or bad defenses.
Defenses that we’re getting boat raced by non ranked teams.

We didn’t cover against Pitt

We did cover depending on where and when you bet. But all good points. Oohrah

Screenshot_20201017-175440_Chrome.jpg

This turns into a fire Manny post real quick. Based on what I've seen and being realistic, 9 and 2 would be golden. A random loss happens to every team.

Advertisement
Did the Catholics have to lose one or two games for us to play Clemson again in the ACC championship game?

just looking at the rest of the schedule it's mostly coastal teams left along with Wake and the Wolf pack.
There is literally nothing special left now that UNC was exposed by the worst FSU team in our lifetimes.

Can someone explain to me why the ESPN PFF projects VT over Miami?? VT can't even figure out who wants to play QB there.

Y’all say this every year and never learn your lesson. There is always another loss coming, it’s just tradition at this point.

Did you see the same WRs try to catch passes for us that I have the last couple games??? Alot of false bravado here when we have no legit WRs to speak of.

That is an example of the true failure here. It's already happened.

If they disappoint and we lose a couple more as the season closes, I won't spaz out and blame the caoches for not "coaching them up" and "scheming" better results out of them.

If there are better young ones behind them,...that's what you should be adamant about seeing right way if you want your 10 wins.

We’re not a good enough team to be disappointed with another loss, tbh. We’ll likely only be slight favorites against VT on the road and slight favorites against UNC at home. Those are essentially two toss ups.

Advertisement

VT's offense has looked very good so far this year.

The game is in Blacksburg.

The weather will be cold as ****.

Our record in Blacksburg is awful.

For a team that went 6-7 last year, playing in a shortened season that includes an all ACC schedule, I have to disagree. I think 8 wins should be the base, anything more is a plus. Seeing how playing a conference only scheduled has changed things, just look at how teams around the country are performing. We have to be realistic.

Advertisement
A great coach goes 10-1 with this schedule and this team.
A good coach goes 9-2.

I’ll be happy with any of the above two. Anything worse = back to the drawing board in my opinion. We’d just be delaying the inevitable.

The team will have to remain highly focused and without major injuries in order to run the table, otherwise they will slip up. History proves that until Diaz and Co show the Cane Nation different results.

Let's be real here. The deficiencies to the WR and LB positions should bite us a future game. Hope I'm wrong as the weakazz ACC reared it's ugly head again this past wknd.

I don’t agree, we can drop one more, as long as it isn’t a blow out and we win the bowl game. That is something we can sell the kids.

Advertisement
Yeah I am not going that far. If this was a really well coached team, I could see it. However, VT's QB will give us fits with his running ability and their RB is actually playing great ball. I could def see our defense struggling like last season against them.

UNC has the WRs to put up points against us and Howell is never truly out of a game.

I could see us drop two more just cause that is the nature of the program and Diaz struggles to keep the team focused weekly

Advertisement
Back