Anything other than 10-1 is a failure at this point

just looking at the rest of the schedule it's mostly coastal teams left along with Wake and the Wolf pack.
There is literally nothing special left now that UNC was exposed by the worst FSU team in our lifetimes.

Can someone explain to me why the ESPN PFF projects VT over Miami?? VT can't even figure out who wants to play QB there.

We should easily win out and then either the ACCCG or a high tier bowl game.

Bad take.

This was a 6-7 team last year with losses to FIU and LT. Only on the internet is Rome built in a day. The reality is that building a top 10 program takes time. It won't happen in 1 offseason (in particular this one given the circumstances). 8-3 would be a marked improvement. I'd be pretty **** happy with 9-2. Ecstatic at 10-1.

You're setting yourself up for failure (or anger). This team has real limitations and we're starting to see it. Opposing coaches are too. IMO, we lose 2 more games this year (we lose 1 against VT/UNC and lose a headscratcher elsewhere).

Advertisement
It’s weird seeing the la tech and fiu losses brought up so much lately.

We shouldn’t have lost to those teams last season either.

That was **** near unforgivable.

And now it’s like normalized for some reason.

I guess every new coach should have a terrible first year losing to bottom feeder programs to make it easier to spin or rationalize sloppy play the following year.

People spun last year’s losses due to bad special teams and a terrible offense. Kept telling us many of those games last year would have turned out differently if not for that. The off-season addressed that.

These same people also bring up last year’s bad losses from last season as the bar for some weird reason but I thought everyone got excited because we already fixed these problems for THIS season so why the F*CK are we still bringing up FIU and LA tech as some sort of bar for where the program’s at.

It’s just continuous incongruence or more simply put, bs.

I’m glad we’re 4-1 but I’m not a blind homer. This is not fundamentally a good football team right now.

I hope we scratch and claw our way to a very good season but this looks more and more like a 3-4 loss year.

It’s weird seeing the la tech and fiu losses brought up so much lately.

We shouldn’t have lost to those teams last season either.

That was **** near unforgivable.

And now it’s like normalized for some reason.

I guess every new coach should have a terrible first year losing to bottom feeder programs to make it easier to spin or rationalize sloppy play the following year.

It's not being normalized or blessed by anyone. No one is happy about it (obviously). But, some folks have unrealistic expectations of this team and I'm not really sure why because we lost to friggin' FIU and LT last year.

Advertisement
It's not being normalized or blessed by anyone. No one is happy about it (obviously). But, some folks have unrealistic expectations of this team and I'm not really sure why because we lost to friggin' FIU and LT last year.

Normalized, blessed, happy are not the same.

It keeps getting brought up as what appears to be an indictment on our talent rather than what that debacle fell on hint hint COACHING. We weren’t less talented than f*cking FIU.

So it’s dumb as **** to keep bringing it up to rationalize sloppy *** play this year.

If you’re gonna bring up those awful losses bring up the wins we had last year against pitt fsu and Louisville then as well, the same programs people are hyped up about beating this year.

It’s not unrealistic to expect competent coaching, solid fundamentals, and discipline.

Normalized, blessed, happy are not the same.

It keeps getting brought up as what appears to be an indictment on our talent rather than what that debacle fell on hint hint COACHING. We weren’t less talented than f*cking FIU.

So it’s dumb as **** to keep bringing it up to rationalize sloppy *** play this year.

If you’re gonna bring up those awful losses bring up the wins we had last year against pitt fsu and Louisville then as well, the same programs people are hyped up about beating this year.

It’s not unrealistic to expect competent coaching, solid fundamentals, and discipline.
I'm not-I don't think-rationalizing sloppy play. But I'm a realist in that you don't go 6-7 to 10-1 overnight (particularly when 15 opts out and camp is stunted by the rona). It sounds like both you and I agree that there are losses upcoming . . .

Would love 10-1
Would expect 9-2
Would tolerate 8-3
This about right. Although I'd say 9-2 is the floor and 10-1 is the ceiling for reg season. We have to win the games we're supposed to win, and get at least 1 of 2 vs UNC/VT. If we get both it doesn't matter what happens vs Clemson in ACCCG, we'll be NY6 bowl game bound and probably draw UF or Penn St. If we go 9-3 we MIGHT get a shot at an At Large bid for Fiesta etc but doubtful. It would be an upper tier bowl but not NY6, and likely would draw UCF or another game that would draw a bunch of viewers

Miami fanbase, this is a very hard bunch to please!! The Pitt game was not the type of follow up performance we wanted from our offense, NO.. But our Canes with stand that and made plays when needed to put po miints on the board to WIN the game.. NOW of course their had to be a fan out there to post this about going 10-1 when we are on going into game 6!!! 🤷🤷WHY!!

Why can't our fans just enjoy the WINS, AND let the season go week to week..

Advertisement
Miami fanbase, this is a very hard bunch to please!! The Pitt game was not the type of follow up performance we wanted from our offense, NO.. But our Canes with stand that and made plays when needed to put po miints on the board to WIN the game.. NOW of course their had to be a fan out there to post this about going 10-1 when we are on going into game 6!!! 🤷🤷WHY!!

Why can't our fans just enjoy the WINS, AND let the season go week to week..
Because it’s been near 2 decades of fool’s gold.

I enjoyed the Louisville and fsu wins.

I enjoyed the Louisville win last year and then we lost to fiu.

I didn’t enjoy this slopfest win this week vs a backup qb sorry for being miserable.

I’m concerned we’ll drop 2 or 3 more games now.

We went 4-4 in the ACC last year.

I’m not gonna be overjoyed if we lose only one less conference game this year.

I thought the awful offense and special teams last season were to blame for last year’s historically bad season.

What’s the excuse gonna be this year if we only do marginally better than historically bad?

I’ll be rooting hard for this program as always but the fundamentally bad football on display is still staring me right in the face and I’m not gonna be a homer about it.

Slight improvement over last year’s coaching fiasco of a season won’t sell me on this staff but it’s apparently enough for some of you all.

Advertisement
“I just want to see improvement”

Improvement from what?

Losing to la tech and fiu?

Are you kidding me? *algoldenpresservoice*

This team’s average record over the last decade is 7-5. Yet fans still expect 11 wins every year. I think more important than whether the team wins 9 or 10 games this year is how can they improve overall as a program. It’s not about winning 9 games or 10 games. It’s about not falling back to 7 or 6 wins the following season. They desperately need to string together multiple successful seasons so they can make a realistic jump from a good team to a legit contender. Programs aren’t built in one or two seasons, you have to make incremental improvements in talent and depth.

Advertisement
just looking at the rest of the schedule it's mostly coastal teams left along with Wake and the Wolf pack.
There is literally nothing special left now that UNC was exposed by the worst FSU team in our lifetimes.

Can someone explain to me why the ESPN PFF projects VT over Miami?? VT can't even figure out who wants to play QB there.

We should easily win out and then either the ACCCG or a high tier bowl game.
So I guess you’ve been in a coma for the last 15 years... well, here’s some bad news for you: The Miami Hurricanes aren’t the same Miami Hurricanes you remember.

why is everyone stuck on what happened last year?
last year is last year.
this is a different team with different players and coaches
last year we couldn't convert an Xtra point, now we cant miss FG from 50 yards or more.
Clemson aside, this team has scored at least 30 points ore more in every game.
Last year we could barely score 20
This team is way better than 2017
a one loss regular season is not a pipe dream especially with what is left on the schedule.

They held us to 300 yards of offense and two turnovers. We were 4-13 on third down. 2.6 ypc on the ground. You think the offense looked good?

We beat a 3-3 team with a backup QB. That performance isn’t beating VT or UNC.
What would a good offense put on Pitt?

Pitt’s D is ranked 17th in the S&P+. You think we should light it up?

This team’s average record over the last decade is 7-5. Yet fans still expect 11 wins every year. I think more important than whether the team wins 9 or 10 games this year is how can they improve overall as a program. It’s not about winning 9 games or 10 games. It’s about not falling back to 7 or 6 wins the following season. They desperately need to string together multiple successful seasons so they can make a realistic jump from a good team to a legit contender. Programs aren’t built in one or two seasons, you have to make incremental improvements in talent and depth.
Yup.

2008Clemson4–3[A 1]3–2T–3rd (Atlantic)L Gator
2009Clemson9–56–21st (Atlantic)W Music City24
2010Clemson6–74–4T–4th (Atlantic)L Meineke Car Care
2011Clemson10–46–21st (Atlantic)L Orange2222
2012Clemson11–27–1T–1st (Atlantic)W Chick-fil-A911
2013Clemson11–27–12nd (Atlantic)W Orange78
2014Clemson10–36–22nd (Atlantic)W Russell Athletic1515
2015Clemson14–18–01st (Atlantic)W Orange†, L CFP NCG22
2016Clemson14–17–1T–1st (Atlantic)W Fiesta†, W CFP NCG11
2017Clemson12–27–11st (Atlantic)L Sugar44
2018Clemson15–08–01st (Atlantic)W Cotton†, W CFP NCG11
2019Clemson14–18–01st (Atlantic)W Fiesta†, L CFP NCG22
2020Clemson5–04–0

I'm not suggesting Manny is Dabo but look at Clemson as a model. It takes time. It is going to take several more years of consistent, winning football for us to recruit the type of players that can have us competing for a NC.

Advertisement
Back