Anything other than 10-1 is a failure at this point

Funny story, initially bet Pitt at +13 on Friday, Sat. heard Pickett was out and tried to cover my *** and got the Canes at -11.5 and middled at 12 pts. Won both bets. It was a good Saturday my friends.
VT on road--tough
UNC at home--should be a good one. I think we get it at home.
The others---WINS

Advertisement
VT is actually looking good this year even after the **** shows the past 2 off seasons, a lot of players might not like Fuente and choose to leave the program, but the ones that stay end up performing above expectation

That being said, Canes by a TD

we can run the table, we can also lose to all the teams on the rest of schedule as well. need to show up and play for 60 minutes,
the O Line issues hopefully having a O Line coach stay around for a while will help but still think we lack explosive strength up front..... missing the secret sauce in S &C program

just looking at the rest of the schedule it's mostly coastal teams left along with Wake and the Wolf pack.
There is literally nothing special left now that UNC was exposed by the worst FSU team in our lifetimes.

Can someone explain to me why the ESPN PFF projects VT over Miami?? VT can't even figure out who wants to play QB there.

We should easily win out and then either the ACCCG or a high tier bowl game.
IDK about "easily win out", but we should be favored to win all the remaining games.

We need NO slip ups.

I'd love to finish 10-1. The bowl predictions have UF vs ND in the Orange Bowl. I'd love get to the ACC title game, then face UF in the Orange Bowl if we lost the title game.

WEEK TO WEEK, VIRGINIA COMING UP NEXT.. Stop looking ahead anything can happen, Im not sure if you all have been watching college and nfl thus far, BUT it's week to week and every week there are upsets.. SO WE CAN'T COUNT WINS BEFORE THEY HAPPEN!! I agree all remaining games are winnable BUT we still have to look at it week to week.. Anything can happen!! Especially in College every week is suspect, SO VIRGINIA UP NEXT... 5-1 is the goal, Go Canes..

Advertisement
With the way things have been happening in the past, I don't see how fans here just expect certain things.. Since when Miami has had easy?? Come on fans don't get ****y!! One WIN at a time..

I hate these threads. I think we can and hopefully will win out but if we end up 9-2 and keep our recruiting class intact, that’s definitely not a failure. And considering we are coming off a 6-7 season with multiple losses to G5 schools, I don’t think 9-2 could be classified as the same Miami either. That being said, I hope we win out and this is a mute point.

I know fans like to set these firm lines in the sand so they can demand coaches be fired if they cross them, but let’s just take it a game at a time and see what happens.

We haven’t transformed into a title contender overnight but I still like this team.

Have you seen our away record in Blacksburg over the past 15 years?
During the bud foster years then yes.. fast forward to the current this year naw ain't nothing to be afraid of... if you been studying Miami football the past 2 seasons then we can agree we're or our worst enemy.. etc o-line Lb Wr coaches schemes etc.. other than that we win out once those gets fixed 🚫🧢💯👐

Advertisement
Definitely one of our easiest schedules I can remember. But we definitely struggle against any team with a defense not sure who that is from here on out.

our schedules are always “easy”... this year playing Clemson on the regular schedule alone makes this schedule probably the most difficult it’s been in years.

I hate these threads. I think we can and hopefully will win out but if we end up 9-2 and keep our recruiting class intact, that’s definitely not a failure. And considering we are coming off a 6-7 season with multiple losses to G5 schools, I don’t think 9-2 could be classified as the same Miami either. That being said, I hope we win out and this is a mute point.

I know fans like to set these firm lines in the sand so they can demand coaches be fired if they cross them, but let’s just take it a game at a time and see what happens.

We haven’t transformed into a title contender overnight but I still like this team.
I agree.. Fans seem to forget how crazy this season gets, fans want to always look ahead.. Why we can't enjoy the WINS week to week!! I hate these type of threads too, it someone is trying to set your Canes up for failure.. We saw against Clemson this UM team is still a good ways away from being one of those top teams.. Just keep WINNING so we can keep this recruiting class together and add more with it..

I call 9-2 with a twist...the good guys beat VT and UNC but drop a real head scratcher somewhere along the way.

During the bud foster years then yes.. fast forward to the current this year naw ain't nothing to be afraid of... if you been studying Miami football the past 2 seasons then we can agree we're or our worst enemy.. etc o-line Lb Wr coaches schemes etc.. other than that we win out once those gets fixed 🚫🧢💯👐
Agreed we are our own "worse enemy" right, this why it's crazy to be talking 10-1!! Let's to 5-1 first...

Advertisement
It’s not just about win loss record. The devil’s in the details.

Al Golden went from 7-6 to 9-3 but most could see right through that. (We got smoked by the number one team, fsu, beat by va tech, duke, and teddy b’s Louisville in the bowl game)

Time will tell if it’s just smoke and mirrors with Diaz or something more.

Right now we’re an ok but still largely a sloppy and undisciplined football team.

Bro, WTF are you talking about on offensive output. OK, Clemson shut us down. That's the #1 team. And then everyone was saying Pitt, whose D was 1st in the acc in yards per play, would follow that exact formula too. Miami scored the most points on them they've given up in regulation, and King had 4 TDs. I pray that other teams go ahead and try to copy Pitt and Clemson, since no one else has a defense even as good as Pitts.
You can't really replicate what Clemson and Pitt do on defense, especially in the front 7 if you don't have the horses to make it work. Both those teams have multiple NFL guys up front and that allows them to be hyper aggressive, especially when it comes to stopping the run. There's no magic special defensive playbook to stop the offense. UAB tried to do the exact same thing but they just didn't have enough talent to make it work.

If all you needed to do to win was to copy what Clemson does, there'd be no point in recruiting. It's like saying "Everyone should be able to score on Georgia now if they just do what Alabama did." Talent does come into play quite a bit more than scheme or coaching does in football. If a team like Wake Forrest or North Carolina State tries to play as aggressive they're going to get burned a ton. There's nobody else on the remaining schedule who has the horses to do what Clemson and Pitt were doing.

Advertisement
You can't really replicate what Clemson and Pitt do on defense, especially in the front 7 if you don't have the horses to make it work. Both those teams have multiple NFL guys up front and that allows them to be hyper aggressive, especially when it comes to stopping the run. There's no magic special defensive playbook to stop the offense. UAB tried to do the exact same thing but they just didn't have enough talent to make it work.

If all you needed to do to win was to copy what Clemson does, there'd be no point in recruiting. It's like saying "Everyone should be able to score on Georgia now if they just do what Alabama did." Talent does come into play quite a bit more than scheme or coaching does in football. If a team like Wake Forrest or North Carolina State tries to play as aggressive they're going to get burned a ton. There's nobody else on the remaining schedule who has the horses to do what Clemson and Pitt were doing.
But but this is cis and logic and facts do not fit most agendas

I’m sure Pitt tried to follow the game plan and what happened there?

They held us to 300 yards of offense and two turnovers. We were 4-13 on third down. 2.6 ypc on the ground. You think the offense looked good?

We beat a 3-3 team with a backup QB. That performance isn’t beating VT or UNC.

I don't take anything about "that performance" we had....it doesn't translate into other games.
By that logic after FSU we should have beaten Clemson and UNC should have beaten FSU.
This performance against PItt is over. its onto the rest of the season.

10-1 or bust
if you accept anything less then that is exactly what you will get.
for 15 years been making excuses why Blandy, Goldy and CMR can't win 10 games (minus the 2017 season)

Miami should be favored in every game including at VT.
a 10-1 regular season record will catapult us into a different recruiting tier above all the coastal teams.
We have consistently out-recruited all other coastal teams...why should we lose games to them??

This turns into a fire Manny post real quick. Based on what I've seen and being realistic, 9 and 2 would be golden. A random loss happens to every team.
[/Q
Yeah I am not going that far. If this was a really well coached team, I could see it. However, VT's QB will give us fits with his running ability and their RB is actually playing great ball. I could def see our defense struggling like last season against them.

UNC has the WRs to put up points against us and Howell is never truly out of a game.

I could see us drop two more just cause that is the nature of the program and Diaz struggles to keep the team focused weekly
[/QUO
I don't take anything about "that performance" we had....it doesn't translate into other games.
By that logic after FSU we should have beaten Clemson and UNC should have beaten FSU.
This performance against PItt is over. its onto the rest of the season.

10-1 or bust
if you accept anything less then that is exactly what you will get.
for 15 years been making excuses why Blandy, Goldy and CMR can't win 10 games (minus the 2017 season)

Miami should be favored in every game including at VT.
a 10-1 regular season record will catapult us into a different recruiting tier above all the coastal teams.
We have consistently out-recruited all other coastal teams...why should we lose games to them??
We are already out recruiting the coastal teams! even unc who is recruiting out there *** this year. It's been a mix of why we lose to teams in coastal. Development or lack of it, scheme, coaching, lazy players, culture, etc!

Advertisement
Back