Anyone think we still haven't seen all of Dawson's playbook?

I honestly don’t understand Mario when it comes to Skinner. He went after Skinner and flipped him from Alabama. He knew what Skinner was and could be.

I see him transferring unless things change. Everyone is saying Williams is going to be a star as a traditional TE. Seems like they're moving past Skinner.

It's a mistake not using Skinner for what he has. He's a true sophomore. He can put another 30 lbs on his body in 2 years. He's such a mis.ach with his catch radius and ability to run at his size.

If he transfers, he will kill it. He's a size mismatch. I think he'll play on Sundays. He reminds me of Antonio Gates from the Chargers back in the day.
Unless things change soon, I don't see how he stays. I thought he would be a mismatch weapon in the passing game, but it hasn't happened and it doesn't look like it will.

Advertisement
If I had to chart it from what I know of his playbook you’ve seen about 30%
Was it you that said he loved our TE roster? That was one of the reasons he came?

Sorry I don't remember but it seems like you know a lot about him and his playbook.

Unless things change soon, I don't see how he stays. I thought he would be a mismatch weapon in the passing game, but it hasn't happened and it doesn't look like it will.
I think he was/is in the doghouse. He wasn't around the TE group when they were going to put him in the game I think week 1.

If you go back to Mario’s post game interview, he said Skinner was working his way back.

To answer your question OP, no we haven’t.

If you watch Houston from 21-22 & Southern Miss from 2017, he hasn’t even gotten into Chapter 2 yet.

****, go back to his stuff from SFA & the playbook could get even deeper.

He’s got a fully loaded ****nal to operate with, there’s a TON of exotic plays that he can draw from if they’re needed.
I’d say we have a ton of formations to show too. So much of spread football now is misalignment by defenders. Saturdays can’t come soon enough nowadays.

This is why I have doubts about the TEs being used much in the passing game going forward. That's a lot of talent being wasted, especially RW, who has elite potential. Of all the great TEs that have played here, RW could be the best...super light on his feet; a smooth, easy mover; natural pass-catcher; plus he can block and has some nasty to his game. You can't have talents like that just blocking all the time.
JFC this fanbase.

Guy has played in a grand total of 4 games in his career and we're crying about 'talent being wasted"?

I don't recall literally any of our elite TEs doing anything in the first four games of their career.

Advertisement
It's not about taking WRs off the field, they do it all the time in 12 personal. It's about presenting something different.

Especially in the redzone. You literally just have to split him out wide and make a basketball shot and tell Skinner to go get it off the rim. That is unstoppable.
if he catches it. Suspect hands thus far.

I just want Mario to use said playbook to smack Mack Brown upside the head in the post-win handshake- a handshake that Mario refuses to release for at least 90 seconds after Brown whines that he's hurting his hand.
It isn’t all about just the handshake grip. He also needs to use his left hand to pinch and hold Mack’s elbow until things get really, really uncomfortable and awkward.

JFC this fanbase.

Guy has played in a grand total of 4 games in his career and we're crying about 'talent being wasted"?

I don't recall literally any of our elite TEs doing anything in the first four games of their career.
You missed the point. This is about using TEs in the passing game, which is clearly not a priority in this offense. RW is only 4 games into his TFR year, but that's not stopping him from being sent out early and often to run and pass block, and be pulled as though he's a starter at the end of the game. Why do they trust him to pass and run block but don't throw him the ball, when he is an elite receiving TE?

TEs have been targeted 4 times this season. If this trend continues it means the talent in the TE room will be wasted.

Advertisement
Was it you that said he loved our TE roster? That was one of the reasons he came?

Sorry I don't remember but it seems like you know a lot about him and his playbook.
Yes that was me and that was just from a private convo he and I had over the summer. He really loved how “easy a mover” jacolby George was tho and then he went to Elijah. That stood out to me

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes that was me and that was just from a private convo he and I had over the summer. He really really how “easy a mover” jacolby George was tho and then he went to Elijah. That stood out to me
Thanks. We've always known Jacolby has had the talent to do much more than he has here..Dawson and Beard have found the right buttons to push to get the best out of him.

Advertisement
Miami is putting up 40 per game and people are really here questioning whether dude's playbook has been opened? Who gives a ****? Good playcallers have something for every situation. As long as Miami is executing and scoring at this clip, I couldn't care less whether they are running 5 plays or 60, the goal is to score.

You don't get to the back of the playbook if the kids can't run the plays in the front - like with Gattis and Enos.

Why would you add plays when we struggle to put up 17 against Directional Michigan University?
Or maybe the plays were too complicated for the limited practice time you get with college players. Fortunately , those problems don’t seem to apply to the present.

Advertisement
Back