Anyone think we still haven't seen all of Dawson's playbook?

Advertisement
I could be wrong, but I think TEs have been targeted 4 times this season - 1 per game - and two of those came from Emory in mop up. Maybe the TEs will get more action as the season goes along, but it's pretty clear that the TE as pass-catcher won't be a big part of this offense. I hope I'm wrong because a team that doesn't incorporate their backs and TEs in the pass game is a lot easier to defend. It hasn't mattered so far, but it could when we get into the meat of the schedule.
Maybe I don't remember right but I think one of our insiders said that TE usage was a huge part of Dawson's offense and that our TE roster was a big draw for him.

I could be wrong, but I think TEs have been targeted 4 times this season - 1 per game - and two of those came from Emory in mop up. Maybe the TEs will get more action as the season goes along, but it's pretty clear that the TE as pass-catcher won't be a big part of this offense. I hope I'm wrong because a team that doesn't incorporate their backs and TEs in the pass game is a lot easier to defend. It hasn't mattered so far, but it could when we get into the meat of the schedule.
Arroyo still out is probably one contributing reason.

Riley Williams is now getting into the fray, so hopefully we’ll get to see what the hype is all about. He already looks like an excellent blocker.

Advertisement
We have not seen it all…

bubble - working on it to perfect it and will see it more ( missed 2 to Parish but not his fault)
TE pass - October special / awaiting Arroyo
RB wheel - October special / Fletcher will be more involved

I think both the coordinators have held back a good part of their packages.

Pretty sure as most have said Dawson has and I’m hoping like **** Guidry has been holding back on his blitz/pressure packages..

Advertisement
I don’t know if there’s a ”secret playbook”. I think Dawson is just good at drawing up a game plan based on what the defense gives him. He knew aTm was going to focus on stopping the run so we threw the ball a lot that game. Miami OH was giving us the run and short passes so that’s what we did. The weather conditions were a factor yesterday so I think he just wanted to run the ball and get out of there with a W and no injuries. Frankly that’s exactly what I want out of my OC.

I believe Dawson opened it up a bit against A&M but, for some reason, I think there's a lot more wrinkles that haven't been shown due to the opponents we've played...
… and the personnel available. I believe if Arroyo was playing we’d see more TE in the passing game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have not seen it all…

bubble - working on it to perfect it and will see it more ( missed 2 to Parish but not his fault)
TE pass - October special / awaiting Arroyo
RB wheel - October special / Fletcher will be more involved
I know Fletcher is great out of the backfield, but if Johnson has good hands, sending him on a wheel route is a no-brainer. He could be Miami's version of CJ Spiller.

Advertisement
Back