Anyone think we still haven't seen all of Dawson's playbook?

Advertisement
Advertisement
To answer your question OP, no we haven’t.

If you watch Houston from 21-22 & Southern Miss from 2017, he hasn’t even gotten into Chapter 2 yet.

****, go back to his stuff from SFA & the playbook could get even deeper.

He’s got a fully loaded ****nal to operate with, there’s a TON of exotic plays that he can draw from if they’re needed.

I think he’ll be more involved when Acc play starts. He’s still working his way back from that bad ankle / foot issue. Getting his sea legs.
That’s what I’ve been telling myself and also don’t show the world yet save it for UNC and Hopfully he takes the top off their D there

Advertisement
TE action is what I'm waiting on
I want see action like this.
SmartSelect_20230924_155648_YouTube.gif

SmartSelect_20230924_160231_YouTube.gif

SmartSelect_20230924_160755_YouTube.gif

Who cares? There’s always such a fascination with “opening the playbook”. But the truth is that you can win with the plays we’ve seen already. The key isn’t with constantly calling new plays, it’s with calling plays that aren’t expected. What happens from here on won’t be about calling some crazy plays nobody’s ever seen.

He's only doing what is needed for a particular opponent. We could have hung 60 on Temple and Bethune srversl different ways.

I would like to see the TE game with skinner, Mc Cormic, Riley, and Arroyo (when he returns). You need to get them involved. They are too talented not to use. They need the game reps to have the timing and confidence before critical situations necessitate their use as pass catchers.

Advertisement
Who cares? There’s always such a fascination with “opening the playbook”. But the truth is that you can win with the plays we’ve seen already. The key isn’t with constantly calling new plays, it’s with calling plays that aren’t expected. What happens from here on won’t be about calling some crazy plays nobody’s ever seen.
Agreed, but you need game reps for they players and plays you may rely on in the future.

If we play a team with a good defense like Clemson our FSU and they take away some of the WR game, you don't want to to just start featuring the TEs when you've had very little game reps and timing with them.

They need to become a part of the passing game. It's been nonexistent with 2-3 passes in 4 games.

It's the same issues as the WRs last year. Why would big time TEs come here if all they do is block?

This is supposed to be TE U.

Advertisement
One game of our four has had any truly creative plays that make you go "wow." I would say there is likely much more to see in that department.

I believe Dawson opened it up a bit against A&M but, for some reason, I think there's a lot more wrinkles that haven't been shown due to the opponents we've played...
Im assuming/hoping he plans on using the TEs at some point, so those plays alone will be new. Im sure he has a lot more to throw out there.

Agreed, but you need game reps for they players and plays you may rely on in the future.

If we play a team with a good defense like Clemson our FSU and they take away some of the WR game, you don't want to to just start featuring the TEs when you've had very little game reps and timing with them.

They need to become a part of the passing game. It's been nonexistent with 2-3 passes in 4 games.

It's the same issues as the WRs last year. Why would big time TEs come here if all they do is block?

This is supposed to be TE U.
Agreed. The times I’ve seen TVD run this year I’ve assumed they were just giving him reps so they could run him if needed against better teams.
As you say, I think it’s more about execution than coming up with crazy new plays all the time. Not that okay selection isn’t important, but I think play timing and execution are worth more.

Advertisement
Back