Anybody else agree that A&M is a “must win” right now?

Don't know about "must win." Winning would add credibility to recruiting efforts, maybe expedite UM's return to football relevance. The biggest danger is laying an egg, as the team did again LSU and Bama. The team has to end skepticism among pundits and recruits by showing that the Mario era is not more of the hype we have seen for over a decade. On the other hand, defeating the Aggies would certainly be sweet.

Advertisement
I am not a grammar Nazii but words do have meaning.

A "must win" to me means they really must win it.

I do not see it that way.

This season can still be very successful without winning in Texas.

19C13D2E-C580-448E-9B7F-A1438466A4B0.jpeg

I hope Kaaya grabbed some intel for us.

Advertisement
the must win is the Clemson game. ATM is nice to have and very winnable, but doesn't mean **** if you lose to Clemson later on. ACC title w a near spotless records gets you to the playoffs.

OP has a point that I tend to agree with. Our time is now. Get a statement win. This needs to be an expectation and not a hope. There's no need to rationalize a loss going forward with this staff. UF and FSU did what they needed to regardless of our fan base rationalizing that as well. It's our turn.

To say A&M is a must win is ridiculous. They are a top-5 team both in ranking and talent. They're at home. A&M should win.

UF got a good, but fortunate win vs a Utah team they have more talent than.

FSU got a very lucky win vs an unranked LSU team that probably finishes 5-7.

A&M would be a great win, but some of you guys are either delusional about where our roster is or just want a reason to meltdown. I'd like our chances vs Utah @home, I'd like them vs LSU. A&M has elite talent. Different ballgame.

Must wins for us? How about UNC, FSU, and Pitt

Advertisement
Listen…UF got what their program desperately needed by knocking off a “top 10 opponent”- a shift in momentum as far as National perception goes, but most importantly, from a recruiting standpoint. (Best CB in years just CB’d to the gates after that win)🙄

Fck all the talk. We been fed complete bullsh1t for FAR too long now as a fan base. Everything from “butt buddies” to “binders”- we have been through ****! *** the talk. Walk the walk. If this staff is what they claim to be- if Mario is “the guy”- after the A&M game, the National perception of Miami should be squarely trending towards “being back”- win or lose. If the perception is anything other than that, then we’ve lost more than that game, we will have most definitely lost a kid or two who we desperately need. This game is MUCH MORE important to us than it is to A&M for so many reasons and this coaching staff should have these kids come out and play like it.

And for those of you who will inevitably post the requisite “Mario needs time….it will take at least 3 years”…blah blah blah- STOPPIT. Been around this game- playing, coaching, watching for over 40 years and one thing has ALWAYS held true- whether it be players OR coaches- “if they don’t bite as pups, they won’t bite as full grown dogs”. It shouldn’t take a “good” coach with above average talent to make a statement and beat a team like A&M.
No. Our most important games are the ACC games. We need to be in the championship with a full year under us.

Our path isn't nearly as easy as most on here think, because we have a much tougher schedule than the main Coastal rivals. Our crossover games are FSU and Clem. UVA and PITT both have Louisville (who is terrible) and Syracuse as crossover games. We have to beat Pitt and UVA to hols tiebreakers against them.

For the record, I’m not sure if anyone got a chance to watch A&M this past weekend but they really didn’t impress me at all. Their defense is good but their offense is butt cheeks. Haynes King is not a very good QB, and their running game is lacking. My point is, Miami can absolutely win that game because they’re missing the most vital component in football...an elite QB.

Advertisement
Conference Game: ❌
Head Coach Post-Inaugural Year: ❌
Devastating; Recruitment-wise: ❌
Legacy Media saying it is a "Must-Win": ❌
At Home: ❌
Significantly Inferior Opponent/Odds are heavily tilted in our favor: ❌
There are significant ramifications for losing: ❌

Sorry, gentlemen--agree or disagree. You can make this game whatever you want in your mind for it to be; however, to most fair-minded folks this game is just not checking off boxes to rank it as a must-win. It will be a great measuring stick game and important in measuring success and health of the program overall, certainly. If TAMU wins, it was expected; and if they lose, it was unexpected. The target is square on TAMU's shoulders, and they have much more to lose than we do.

Dude getting around 8-10 Millie a year to win games like ATM and Clemson so I see it as as must win

Advertisement
We must make it a good game and have a chance to win at the end..it'll sting if we lose of course but we can gain a lot of momentum by going toe to toe with what many are starting to consider an SEC heavyweight. Not on Bama/UGA level but right underneath them (although they did beat Bama last year).

Making this game even more significant/impactful is that it's pretty much the ONLY good game on that Saturday.

we just got jumped by UF in the polls….it matters…
….If you think the polls matter week 1.

Excluding the top 5, only 6 of the remaining top 25 in last years pre-season poll wound up being ranked.
Let’s see where the Canes, uF, and FSFU are ranked in November, after the Nole‘s game.

Regarding TA&M, I want us to go in there and kick their ***.

I’m sorry. Gotta get this win, bro. Simple as that. Just as ballyhooed kids need to “flash”, the same applies to coaches. This is Mario’s opportunity to flash his coaching prowess. I’ve seen it too many times. Good coaches will either beat or, at least, go toe to toe with a team they have no business competing with. Next thing you know, said coaches have the program competing at a high level for years. I’m sorry, fellas… but A&M doesn’t exactly fall into the “team we have no business competing with” category? We should go in that ***** EXPECTING TO WIN IT.

This guy is on crack. A coach in his first year at Miami with a team that was 7-5 last year. We are playing a top 5 team on their own turf. Yet this guy states that it is a "Must Win". Must win or else, we start flying the plane? Where is that Chappelle video on the crack addict Tyrone? This guy must be on the real cheap crack.
View attachment 206882
Are we all really buying that they’re a top 5 team right now, though? They certainly will have a defense worthy of that ranking, but not so much on offense. It may change once Weigman matures, but as of now their QB situation is not good at all.

Would not be surprised in the slightest if A&M loses 3 or 4 again, especially if one of those is to us lol

Advertisement
Back