Anybody else agree that A&M is a “must win” right now?

You are talking about all the other shlt I’m posting, I’m just posting your words. So you’re calling your words shlt?

And you said if they “they don’t win, it better be a close, hard fought battle”. What if it isn’t? What then?

Advertisement
Listen…UF got what their program desperately needed by knocking off a “top 10 opponent”- a shift in momentum as far as National perception goes, but most importantly, from a recruiting standpoint. (Best CB in years just CB’d to the gates after that win)🙄

Fck all the talk. We been fed complete bullsh1t for FAR too long now as a fan base. Everything from “butt buddies” to “binders”- we have been through ****! *** the talk. Walk the walk. If this staff is what they claim to be- if Mario is “the guy”- after the A&M game, the National perception of Miami should be squarely trending towards “being back”- win or lose. If the perception is anything other than that, then we’ve lost more than that game, we will have most definitely lost a kid or two who we desperately need. This game is MUCH MORE important to us than it is to A&M for so many reasons and this coaching staff should have these kids come out and play like it.

And for those of you who will inevitably post the requisite “Mario needs time….it will take at least 3 years”…blah blah blah- STOPPIT. Been around this game- playing, coaching, watching for over 40 years and one thing has ALWAYS held true- whether it be players OR coaches- “if they don’t bite as pups, they won’t bite as full grown dogs”. It shouldn’t take a “good” coach with above average talent to make a statement and beat a team like A&M.

B4 I get in to the crux of ur ?, could u give the board some examples of a coach that took over a program that won 7 or less games in the past 3 of 4 yrs & immediately became a contender besides McElwain at UF?

Last edited:
B4 I get in to the crux of ur ?, could give the board some examples of a coach that took over a program that won 7 or less games in the past 3 of 4 yrs & immediately became a contender besides McElwain at UF?
I didn’t say Mario would make us an “immediate contender”, what I said was that good/great coaches will “flash” early, e.g. beat teams they SHOULD beat and hang with/be competitive against teams they “have no business hanging with”. Period. A&M doesn’t fall in the category of teams we “have no business hanging with”, thus, Mario and TVD should have a good chance of coming out of CS with a win or a “good loss”. Period. FLASH! Lol

Advertisement
3rd game with a brand new staff and scheme a must win?

**** no, stop being so hard on this team and this staff with those kinds of expectations. Jimbo has been there how long? With how many recruiting classes? Night game @ their stadium?

if it was mario's 3rd year and it was at our stadium, I mean sure it's time to prove something. People should only be mad at a 3 touchdown loss that we weren't really competitive in. If we lose by 2 td's but seemed rather competitive, I would consider that progress honestly. Way too much unproven stuff on this team. From the WR's, to the offensive line, to the defensive line, to the linebackers...

Just hope for a good game, we'll know more at the clemson game then we will here.

Advertisement
I get what you’re saying. I really can’t, in good faith, classify it as “must-win” because this is game 3 with new schemes and only a few of Mario’s recruits.

That being said, in this specific situation — A&M is not a top 5 team, at least not now. They have a potentially elite defense (although that is yet to be truly seen), but very suspect at OL and QB. Jimbo finally recruited a future stud (IMO) in Weigman, but he’s nowhere near ready yet.
Miami, although overall not as talented, has two QBs who likely would start for A&M currently, and enough talent to match up with them in MOST areas.

Biggest question, for me, is how well our OL can match up with their DL. Specifically, Will TVD have enough time to throw, and will we be able to establish any running game at all? (Also, please get Ivey off the **** field, mediocre QB or not)

So, the game is entirely winnable. Won’t call it an absolute must-win, especially since it’s at Kyle Field, but at the very least it needs to be close. Can’t afford to get run out of the stadium.

I expect the opposite after the way we played defensively last weekend; the tackling and overall discipline was atrocious.

Our performance was unacceptable and I expect to see something different this weekend.

If Mario is who I think he is he'll fix it come **** or high water.
Assuming you are serious. Do you watch much football?

Listen…UF got what their program desperately needed by knocking off a “top 10 opponent”- a shift in momentum as far as National perception goes, but most importantly, from a recruiting standpoint. (Best CB in years just CB’d to the gates after that win)🙄

Fck all the talk. We been fed complete bullsh1t for FAR too long now as a fan base. Everything from “butt buddies” to “binders”- we have been through ****! *** the talk. Walk the walk. If this staff is what they claim to be- if Mario is “the guy”- after the A&M game, the National perception of Miami should be squarely trending towards “being back”- win or lose. If the perception is anything other than that, then we’ve lost more than that game, we will have most definitely lost a kid or two who we desperately need. This game is MUCH MORE important to us than it is to A&M for so many reasons and this coaching staff should have these kids come out and play like it.

And for those of you who will inevitably post the requisite “Mario needs time….it will take at least 3 years”…blah blah blah- STOPPIT. Been around this game- playing, coaching, watching for over 40 years and one thing has ALWAYS held true- whether it be players OR coaches- “if they don’t bite as pups, they won’t bite as full grown dogs”. It shouldn’t take a “good” coach with above average talent to make a statement and beat a team like A&M.
I agree Manny

Advertisement
Not a must win it’s a must compete. We need to go out there and be competitive. I believe we have a good shot at winning, but what we can’t do is get run off the field.

Right now A&M is perceived as a possible CFP candidate so there is no shame in losing if that’s who they are.

Posters before the season - "We'd be lucky to win 10 games this year".

Posters after the season - "fly the banner if Mario doesn't beat Texas A&M, even if its a close game".
Posters last year: we would have won with any competent coach

Posters this year: give Mario’s super staff time, the players just aren’t there

Also posters: based on week 1, we will beat teams 10 weeks from now because their first game was terrible and we will fix all our first game hiccups but they won’t.

It’s almost like posters don’t really know what they are talking about other than mostly emotional takes…

Advertisement
Must win is a stretch. I'd call it a REALLY important win. (It would cut our rebuild time in half)

Deleted my summary post, eh mods? Lol. I get it. Too much truth and clarity. Let’s keep the schism of “mope vs slurper” alive and well by manufacturing a perceived “personal attack” against unnamed posters🙄. So let’s suppress any speech that actually calls out divisive, negative behavior for the sake of capitalism. Ok, fine. Messiness is good for business, I guess? But posters posting “flying *****’” and name calling of all sort is ok otherwise, huh? You people are a bunch of fck’g hypocritical clowns… NOW you can ban me🙄

Advertisement
Back