Any current BOT rumblings to share?

I think they said we are dropping down to division 3. This way they can keep Mark and we have a slightly better chance to win the title.

Advertisement
1997 guy applied for the job at key west high to be the hc didn't get it. He loves South Florida especially the keys and he has said many times he would love to coach at the University of Miami.

Yep, I believe his off season home is in the Keys, still. I think he still has aspirations for big time P5 football and gets tired of being a 9 win team at a school like WSU but this year is different. He flired with Tennessee some time back which tells me he still has interest in taking that next level but needs to do it soon b/c he's approaching 60 YO.

Unfortunately, the only way Richt is out is if he decides to step down. No way they fire him this season. Best case scenario is they force him to hire an OC with an innovative offense (aka nothing similar to what he runs).
Louisville fired Petrino and they both have extensions until 2023. Does anyone actually know what the buyout is now? It would've cost Louisville more to fire Petrino next season.

Advertisement
At least this was a new approach to the same **** people keep talking about on here.

Fact, he isn't going anywhere unless he retires. Not this year and not the next at least.

Advertisement
I meant for Richt.
Have no idea but wouldn't be surprised if it was close to that or maybe a little higher. 4+ million a year for another 5 years but hopefully, our AD did something right and put a clause or provision. Something to get out or have it significantly reduced. Georgia honored his new extension before he got fired too, don't know if his Miami salary offsets it at all but dude is banking

Have no idea but wouldn't be surprised if it was close to that or maybe a little higher. 4+ million a year for another 5 years but hopefully, our AD did something right and put a clause or provision. Something to get out or have it significantly reduced. Georgia honored his new extension before he got fired too, don't know if his Miami salary offsets it at all but dude is banking
UGA owed Richt $4 million and he got paid that his first year at UM...plus the $4mil that UM paid him. I believe Richt was the highest paid coach in football in 2016 if you add those together.

UGA owed Richt $4 million and he got paid that his first year at UM...plus the $4mil that UM paid him. I believe Richt was the highest paid coach in football in 2016 if you add those together.
Insane, with Fisher at 7.5 Saban at 8 and Meyer around 7, the bar is much higher now for top coaches. Miami simply has to pay for results.

Advertisement
What idiot on the BOT would come up with that as a solution, 'hey let's let the guy that is running a pre-knute rockne offense pick our next OC??? It is time to end the Mark Richt Experience now while everyone involved still has their dignity, try to work something out with him where he retires, we settle on a parting amount that is slightly less than what he is owed in total and we all move on amicably. If not, then you simply terminate Richt and move on but at least we try to do the right thing here, it just didn't work out, no hard feelings Mark but you simply did not get the job done and do not appear to be the answer for us at this time, simple as can be.
Right. There is no way forward with coach Richt. He's lost the confidence of the fans, players and future recruits. There will not be any championships with Coach Richt.

Nope, not a joke. I've heard a very prominent booster say if Richt doesn't get Yost, he will be looking to pay out Richt's buyout.

Are you being real or joking? Cuz if that’s true that has to go a long way towards getting the changes we so desperately need

Advertisement
I’m sure the BOT is hard at work on the next head coaches unnecessary extension. Next time they want the get ahead of the the game and offer him a contract and an extension the day he hires.

I’m sure the BOT is hard at work on the next head coaches unnecessary extension. Next time they want the get ahead of the the game and offer him a contract and an extension the day he hires.

heard Gruden just landed and is headed to the 3 PM meeting....

Advertisement
Back