Any current BOT rumblings to share?

Advertisement
Insane, with Fisher at 7.5 Saban at 8 and Meyer around 7, the bar is much higher now for top coaches. Miami simply has to pay for results.

So it sounds you want to hire a HC who has won a championship and pay him at least 7 million per year. No one else is getting Fisher, Saban, Meyer, or Swinney for the foreseeable future. So that leaves you with Les Miles, Gene Chizik, and Larry Coker. Paying them 7 million per year isn't going to turn them into Nick Saban. Harbaugh makes more than 7 million. How many rings does he have?

Lincoln Riley is going to the NFL. He's out. Peterson isn't leaving the PNW. You could have tried to hire an assistant from Saban's staff like UGA did with Smart, but fans would lose their minds if we hired an unproven coordinator. UGA also didn't pay Smart 7 million to get him from Bama. They actually paid him less than Rick is getting now, then gave him a new contract after he got them in the playoffs.

This "woe is us, we cant win because we don't pay enough to get a good coach" is the biggest load of horsesh#t and I'm f#cking tired of people trotting out that lazy excuse.

How many more millions does it take to find a coach who can beat Duke? You think the head coach with one of the highest win percentages of active coaches should be able to manage that feat? I do.

Miami's lack of success isn't because we don't pay enough. It's because we consistently pick bad coaches. Rick was literally going to take a year or two off from football to figure out if he still wanted to coach when we hired him. Is it a surprise now that a coach who was on his way to retirement is lazy and unmotivated?

We have a BOT that has no sack. When Rick eventually gets fired, the next guy will also have to be squeaky clean and project the right image. F#ck that. The city of Miami likes characters. I loved being the bad guy. I want a coach who embraces being a scoundrel, perhaps even a pirate. Give me something entertaining and I'll be happy. So you can keep your Dino Babers, who I think is a good coach, but will not fully get what makes the Miami Hurricanes the representatives of the city of Miami. I want the guy who taught the guy who taught Dino Babers. Its the same guy who taught Lincoln Riley and Dave Aranda. Bring me the Pullman Pirate and let Miami get its swagger back.

Assuming Richt even steps aside in some manner, I ponder what the "search firm" strategy will be. I'm surprised there hasn't been more bashing of those supposedly responsible for getting Richt hired:View attachment 68953
ON an off-topic related note; I am getting **** tired of watching Canes offense lose on Saturday, then seeing the Dolphins offense try to exactly duplicate the debacle on Sunday every week.
Starter Out, 3rd year in a row..

Jimmy hasn't coached in 20 years. What makes you think he'd dominate now?

Just my observation.

Do we need to continue heretic?

PNQXDrBz0YtYjwvu03.gif

Used to just laugh at the pirate but never thought Richt would turn out a clueless buffoon ... can u imagine Leach and Diaz? We may not win it all but we would win a lot by a LOT of points and everyone would hate us .. almost sounds right.

Advertisement
Advertisement
hes a good dude
You would know. Hochman, Crowder & Joe Rose seem like good dudes. I think Hochman showed up after you though. I remember Joy Taylor starting out on your show. One day you guys were laughing at her old lady underwear choice or something like that.

Last edited:
You would know. Hochman, Crowder & Joe Rose seem like good dudes. I think Hochman showed up after you though. I remember Joy Taylor starting out on your show. One day you guys were laughing at her old lady underwear choice or something like that.
Love Joy Taylor.....,. Hard, especially when she wears her glasses
33170106-6075-4209-9A51-9CEF1824D11B.jpeg

JJ would crush and dominate today's CFP competition.

He is the perfect example of a killer instinct Miami sorely needs roaming the sidelines.

IF we're going to dig up and dust off our coaching fossils .....J.J's probably the only one that I would have any hope for succeeding here again. If he still has "it" and were willing. It would be great for Miami, CFB and Sports Media

His legend doesn't need to be fabricated. His results spoke for themselves.

But why would he?

He's leading a very well paid, carefree, stress free life now. Why exchange that for having to deal with this noise and all the unrealistic expectations?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is there anyone with balls on the BOT to push this **** show in the right direction? James and Richt need to go. No New assistant coaches, no give him one more year, etc.

Advertisement
Back