Anthony Schwartz

So who is our true burner wr is the 2018 class? We should recruit a fast wr every cycle. Aren't we supposed to be stacking chips? We have 10 guy's on our roster right now that are never going to play meaningful minutes in a game. And we're 10 plus under the scholarship limit. Sorry fellas Harley isn't fast like this kid...not even close. Also these years go by fast....jt wI'll be a Jr in 2019...and AR is gone after next year....you have to keep bringing in fast guys...period.
5-star WR by the name of Mark Pope, ever heard of him?

Mark Pope is a 5 star..and a great receiver...but there are different levels of fast and anyone that watches football can see it. Is Pope as fast as JT or AR? No...are those 2 as fast as this kid? No...you see the different levels of speed. .

Now AR and Jt and pope are much better wrs than this kid....u bring this kid in and teach him....Isn't that what Dugans is paid for.

Yall dudes kill me with this speed shît. Speed doesn't make you a good player.

Speed shows up all the time on a football field..and one step is sometimes the difference between winning and losing..

Remember when Walton went down for the year against fsu...if he had been through that hole a step quicker that guy doesn't drag him down on his ankle and put him out for the year. One step is all it takes
What??? He was already injured coming into that game.

Walton got hurt at the end of Fall camp & reaggravated it vs Toledo & was playing hurt all the way up until that FSU game.

He ****ed up his ankle because he was putting all his weight in the opposite side, he wasn't 100% healthy all season & it finally caught up to him vs FSU.

WTF are talking about man? Lol smh.

Advertisement
He's more of a track athlete than a football player. Give me a WR like Ezzard who is certainly slower but is physical, has better size, underrated wiggle, and is undoubtedly a football player over a guy like Schwartz any day.

So who is our true burner wr is the 2018 class? We should recruit a fast wr every cycle. Aren't we supposed to be stacking chips? We have 10 guy's on our roster right now that are never going to play meaningful minutes in a game. And we're 10 plus under the scholarship limit. Sorry fellas Harley isn't fast like this kid...not even close. Also these years go by fast....jt wI'll be a Jr in 2019...and AR is gone after next year....you have to keep bringing in fast guys...period.

Mark Pope is a 5 star..and a great receiver...but there are different levels of fast and anyone that watches football can see it. Is Pope as fast as JT or AR? No...are those 2 as fast as this kid? No...you see the different levels of speed. .

Now AR and Jt and pope are much better wrs than this kid....u bring this kid in and teach him....Isn't that what Dugans is paid for.

Speed shows up all the time on a football field..and one step is sometimes the difference between winning and losing..

Remember when Walton went down for the year against fsu...if he had been through that hole a step quicker that guy doesn't drag him down on his ankle and put him out for the year. One step is all it takes

With all due respect, that is incredibly ******* stupid. Setting aside the fact Walton was already injured before the game started, I could also point out if Walton's is one step slower maybe he takes a clean hit and doesn't get his ankle rolled. So your point (which is predicated on bad facts) does not even support your argument.

Last edited:
Schvartz is blazing fast. There’s no doubt about that. I have no idea if he’s a good kick returner though. The true greats at that spot are great primarily because of vision and the fearlessness it takes to go into that Italian intersection at full speed without gearing down ever so slightly due to fear.

As for Jeff Thomas, he had nowhere to run on kicks because our STs coach is a recruiter/intern football coach. Thomas has all the ability and traits necessary to be an excellent return man.

Exactly....

Advertisement
Return men can't really be taught how to be return men you just have it. You can be an Olympic sprinter but if you can't diagnose and dictate holes you'll get crushed so idk if he can do it

Schvartz is blazing fast. There’s no doubt about that. I have no idea if he’s a good kick returner though. The true greats at that spot are great primarily because of vision and the fearlessness it takes to go into that Italian intersection at full speed without gearing down ever so slightly due to fear.

As for Jeff Thomas, he had nowhere to run on kicks because our STs coach is a recruiter/intern football coach. Thomas has all the ability and traits necessary to be an excellent return man.

Exactly....

To my eye, I did not think Deejay did JT many favors back there this year as a blocker. On a several occasions it seemed to me like those two weren't on the same page and there were poor results. But that's probably more the result of coaching and communication than anything else.

First of all, speed is the most overrated thing that dumb fans fixate on. If speed was everything, teams would just raid track and field teams for talent.

Secondly, we have plenty of burners. Thomas, Harley, pope, Richards, and even Hightower with his long strides is a major deep threat (ala mike Evans). Evidence is another potential 4.45 burner at 6'6. Just a freak!

It's not just about speed were 20+ players down right now....y the fck wouldn't you take a flyer on a kid this fast....and Harley and Pope aren't real burners....AR is gone after next year and Evidence is coming back off of a major knee injury....facts.

They won't be 20 players down next year so your argument does not really make sense.

Take a look at the eligibility chart...look at the seniors, juniors that are going to leave and the guys that are never going to play in a game..just take a look at it.

I might be mistaken, but I think I remember Pete saying on the pod that coaches don't necessarily want to get to the 85 player limit next year so they have room to take a good amount of guys the following year.

Wouldn't mind taking a local speedster like Schwarz or Thornton as they 4th wr. Can never have too much speed

Advertisement
Schwartz has zero interest in Miami & is going to either UF or Auburn.

For some reason our fans get stuck in panic mode & start throwing out dumb ideas.

Schwartz is fast we know that already, unfortunately if that's all it took to be a good WR then Usain Bolt would be a NFL HOF talent right now.

You guys are always overacting to everything & your lack of football knowledge always shows when you hype up these kids just because they run a good 40 time or a fast 100m.

JT4 isn't even that bad at Kickoffs, he had 654yds on the season, no he didn't score a TD but that's not on him. And yall seem to forget he runs that pathway on the returns because that's what he's Coached to do & that's how they practice it and setup his blocking wall.

Yall want him to run the opposite way of his blocking? And imo he's actually a better PR than he is a KR, but because of Berrios he was never allowed the opportunity to return many punts this year.

Maybe if we recruited him he would have interest. ...it's funny how that works..

What??? He was already injured coming into that game.

Walton got hurt at the end of Fall camp & reaggravated it vs Toledo & was playing hurt all the way up until that FSU game.

He ****ed up his ankle because he was putting all his weight in the opposite side, he wasn't 100% healthy all season & it finally caught up to him vs FSU.

WTF are talking about man? Lol smh.

Exactly I'm glad u said it...he shouldnt have been run into the ground knowing he had that injury...point still remains a step quicker here or there means winning or losing.

Advertisement

That's pretty dumb logic my man.

You're basing everything on his speed as if that's the be all end all to WR, when it's not.

And Pope is arguably as fast or possibly faster than Ahmmon & JT, but they're different style of runners.

Ahmmon is more of a long strider & a guy who hits top level speed at the end of his routes. JT is a burner with quick shiftiness, his top level speed is more coming right off the line getting in & out of his breaks. Pope has equal level burst, he's a lot more sudden & quick twitch.

All 3 of them are head & shoulders above a guy like Schwartz, who's really only a one way runner. Schwartz doesn't have the physicality, he's a track kid that's a lot more finesse than he is Football.

He's an average WR, nothing special, just fast. Fast WR's get shut down all the time because that's not all you need to be a great WR.

I know they have different running styles...you're not telling me anything I don't already know. ....but at the point I'm being told that pope is as fast as jt and AR I'm done with it.. when they run at the combine what my eyes tell me will be proven...
I unlike a bunch of people on this board don't need to be told what I can clearly see.

Any college comparisons to a guy with speed this elite? He's outrunning some crazy angles in the beginning of that tape.

I want football players not fast pretty boys with no hairline
What about fast football players with no hairline? Speed matters in football. Is it everything? Of course not. Plenty of fairly slow and successful wr's out there. But having a guy that can outrun most corners is definitely a weapon....if you have a QB that can throw to him.

Advertisement
15 pages on a guy that:

Is a part time football player at best

Has unknown football skills

Has offers from only two schools (that I know of)

Has a very good chance of never playing a meaningful snap of college football ever.

Who we have not recruited.

Who we have not offered.

Who we will never recruit.

Who will never attend the University of Miami.

Other than that, proceed.

Screenshot_20171218-223810.jpg

Advertisement
Back