Anthony Schwartz

I'd take him as an athlete....or 4th WR...has great post season highlights ...let him come with his teammates...

Advertisement
I would have loved to take a flier on this kid. Pun intended. Kid can fly.

Better hands than I imagined. Can't teach speed.

Willing to get negged on this. But I'm not seeing anything special in his tape that I haven't seen in Harley's and Jeff Thomas' tape.

I wouldn't waste a scholly on him to be quite honest, especially with our projected WR class this year.

Speed wasn't our issue on KR. It was opening lanes.

Willing to get negged on this. But I'm not seeing anything special in his tape that I haven't seen in Harley's and Jeff Thomas' tape.

I wouldn't waste a scholly on him to be quite honest, especially with our projected WR class this year.

Speed wasn't our issue on KR. It was lack of vision from Thomas and his desire to only go right.

FIFY

Advertisement

Speed wasn't our issue on KR. It was lack of vision from Thomas and his desire to only go right.

FIFY

I only watched a couple of minutes of that highlight and it was some of the worst CB play possible. I mean just brutal. So its hard to project how he will do when properly pressed by legit corners. Was that Campbell that ran right by him on his pick 6? Obviously he was pretty tired, but he was still tracked right down by another really fast kid. I wonder who is faster in pads, Campbell or Schwartz. I wouldn't be ****ed if we took a flyer as the fourth WR. But I also get that we already have a few short explosive types at WR. So I am not totally ****ed if we let him go either....

I'd take him as an athlete....or 4th WR...has great post season highlights ...let him come with his teammates...

At the end of the day he would have to play wr
Make him a primary punt and kickoff returner/gunner on kickoffs and punts. Let him spend a lot of time perfecting those skills. Special teams, when done right, can really alter a game. The other half of the time he can work on receiver, I'd say some 3rd and long come back routes and some reverses to make use of his speed.

Advertisement
Ezzard getting a few Crystal balls to ole miss( not end all be all) but you let Schwartz OV with the other AH kids and if there is any real interest from him you give him and offer if the staff gets bad vibes from Ezzard.

Speed wasn't our issue on KR. It was opening lanes.

People are stuck on the track times more than the film.

Last edited:
So who is our true burner wr is the 2018 class? We should recruit a fast wr every cycle. Aren't we supposed to be stacking chips? We have 10 guy's on our roster right now that are never going to play meaningful minutes in a game. And we're 10 plus under the scholarship limit. Sorry fellas Harley isn't fast like this kid...not even close. Also these years go by fast....jt wI'll be a Jr in 2019...and AR is gone after next year....you have to keep bringing in fast guys...period.

He won't come here mainly do to our track program. He's as elite as it gets in that department.

We wouldn't turn him away if he wanted to come. No school turns away Olympic / World class talent. It wouldn't matter if we had six wide receivers on board, we would make room.

Someone commented about the corners he faced playing poorly, that isn't the problem. The problem is that's what serious speed looks like when the corner gives up an inch. In the turn, you get wasted like that.

It will be interesting to see what he does in college. He can play either or even both, but both will suffer a little of he doesn't stick to one.

Someone also said Thomas and Harley, no knock on them, but they aren't anywhere close that fast.

Advertisement
So who is our true burner wr is the 2018 class? We should recruit a fast wr every cycle. Aren't we supposed to be stacking chips? We have 10 guy's on our roster right now that are never going to play meaningful minutes in a game. And we're 10 plus under the scholarship limit. Sorry fellas Harley isn't fast like this kid...not even close. Also these years go by fast....jt wI'll be a Jr in 2019...and AR is gone after next year....you have to keep bringing in fast guys...period.

First of all, speed is the most overrated thing that dumb fans fixate on. If speed was everything, teams would just raid track and field teams for talent.

Secondly, we have plenty of burners. Thomas, Harley, pope, Richards, and even Hightower with his long strides is a major deep threat (ala mike Evans). Evidence is another potential 4.45 burner at 6'6. Just a freak!

Talked to his track coach a few months ago and told me he wanted the university of Houston because of Carl Lewis. Don’t know if true but seems to make sense. Don’t know how real This is but just passing along.

FIFY

**** right....another Zoolander

Advertisement

First of all, speed is the most overrated thing that dumb fans fixate on. If speed was everything, teams would just raid track and field teams for talent.

Secondly, we have plenty of burners. Thomas, Harley, pope, Richards, and even Hightower with his long strides is a major deep threat (ala mike Evans). Evidence is another potential 4.45 burner at 6'6. Just a freak!

It's not just about speed were 20+ players down right now....y the fck wouldn't you take a flyer on a kid this fast....and Harley and Pope aren't real burners....AR is gone after next year and Evidence is coming back off of a major knee injury....facts.

It's not just about speed were 20+ players down right now....y the fck wouldn't you take a flyer on a kid this fast....and Harley and Pope aren't real burners....AR is gone after next year and Evidence is coming back off of a major knee injury....facts.

They won't be 20 players down next year so your argument does not really make sense.

We're 10-15 players below the scholarship limit, our special teams suck...and we're not recruiting the fastest kid in the country right in out backyard?.. uh ok.

just cause he is fast doesn't mean he would be good on special teams. jeff thomas as fast as **** but he is severely lacking in special teams skills. hopefully he will get better. scholly for schwartz would be a waste.

wish the coaches would sit Jeff Thomas down and make him watch all of devin hesters returns everyday for hours.

thomas is one or two cuts away from from being an explosive return guy. he just goes right all the **** time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back