Anthony Schwartz

Advertisement
10.15 in HS is elite. He improved last year's time by .11 so far. You would have to think that this kid has a future in track.

Prospect who is labeled as the 241st-ranked player overall, spent much of the past week swinging through the campuses of Florida, Georgia and Auburn, and opens up about each visit with Scout.

A product of Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage, Schwartz is also a hot commodity in track and field who has a reputation for being one of the nation's fastest prospects, regardless of graduating class.

Auburn: "What I mainly like about Auburn is that it's different from down here. It's more of a city and an old style. I love the school, the facilities were great, and everything was close by.

"The night life is just amazing. I was hanging with John Franklin and he showed me around city. Almost every person we walked by asked us for a picture, so they kind of seem like celebrities over there. The staff told me they want me a lot, and that I should be ready to play from day one if I go there."

Georgia: "I like how all the facilities are all new and some of them are still in the making. They are building a new weight room as well. I talked with coach (Kirby) Smart and we sat down and talked for a long time. He asked me what I wanted to do, and told me about everything because he graduated from there.

"I'm going to major in business and he told me how great their business program is. I sat down with (wide receivers) coach (James) Coley and sat down for some of their meetings, and he seems like a nice dude and very energetic. The receivers, I feel like I would fit in with them because they are all kind of chill and play around with each other a little bit."

Florida: "I had a good visit this time. I actually got to see around the whole campus, and the campus is just huge. I went to a couple of business classes and I got to see that the business part of the school is huge. I enjoyed my visit there.
"They really want me, and every time I go there, I kind of feel like I'm home there."

Schwartz says early playing time, the opportunity to participate in both football and track, and having that home-like feel on campus are the significant factors in his recruitment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The more people hype up Schwartzen's speed, the bigger the red flags are when it comes to asking why he never amounted to anything at AH. Kid should have a 10 minute highlight reel of 80 yard TDs and 100 yd KO returns. Instead, i see two, TWO receptions in the entire reel.

Something smells awfully fishy about this kid.

Post is more of a reflection on you than anything.

Why is no one else asking this question? I just saw him just DESTROY the competition in the 100m. He was literally 10 feet ahead of the pack, and this was against other elite track stars. How in god's name does this kid not have 15 TDs and 1500 yards receiving? Why isn't this kid the consensus #1 WR in the country?

Something does not compute. He must have some serious flaws when it comes to actually playing football vs running track.

I'm not that sold on him either. Seems to be a one trick pony imho.

A 10.15 is more than Elite for high school kid.
Asafa powell just won a meet with a similar time against Olympic competition.

The more people hype up Schwartzen's speed, the bigger the red flags are when it comes to asking why he never amounted to anything at AH. Kid should have a 10 minute highlight reel of 80 yard TDs and 100 yd KO returns. Instead, i see two, TWO receptions in the entire reel.

Why is no one else asking this question? I just saw him just DESTROY the competition in the 100m. He was literally 10 feet ahead of the pack, and this was against other elite track stars. How in god's name does this kid not have 15 TDs and 1500 yards receiving? Why isn't this kid the consensus #1 WR in the country?

Something does not compute. He must have some serious flaws when it comes to actually playing football vs running track.

Been sayin this. Everybody just blinded by track and 40 times

Schwartz' senior highlights.

[HUDL]video/3/4409434/5a2c78d22351bd1774f37fa6[/HUDL]

Last edited:
Advertisement

Been sayin this. Everybody just blinded by track and 40 times

Dorsett was a one trick pony, but that trick was nice to have and stretched Defenses..

Advertisement
Schwartz has a higher composite score on 247 (.9342) than DJ Ivey (.8925). Junk math. I don't think for a second he will have the impact that Ivey will have.

We're 10-15 players below the scholarship limit, our special teams suck...and we're not recruiting the fastest kid in the country right in out backyard?.. uh ok.

Advertisement
Back