Anthony Schwartz

Mostly, I question his desire to play football. Seems like his first love is track. That's not always fatal, but P5 football is not easy. How does a guy react to the trials and tribulations of acclimating to the competition level when it may not even be his favorite (or best) sport? I also question his toughness/physicality. He's successful when people play off coverage and allow him a free release, but what happens when a CB gets physical with him at the line? And to a lesser extent, I question his hands and route running (Seems like he's running 90% verticals, comebacks, and quick hitches), but admittedly those things can be taught.

This is all cobbled together from highlights and available comp film on hudl/YouTube, so take it for what it's worth (i.e. just one fan's opinion).

Advertisement
Either way, there is virtually no indication that there is any strong mutual interest.

Isn’t this a dead issue?

Isn’t it between Auburn and somebody else?

I've seen him play several times. He is always the fastest player on the field. He can eat up a seven yard cushion in the blink of an eye. If he gets a step on a defender, you better have a Jamaican sprinter in the secondary, or its going to be a touchdown. Maybe I'm a novice, but he has always looked like a good football player to me. I'd like to see the kid in this class, but I understand that there may not be interest from one side, or both.

I've seen him play several times. He is always the fastest player on the field. He can eat up a seven yard cushion in the blink of an eye. If he gets a step on a defender, you better have a Jamaican sprinter in the secondary, or its going to be a touchdown. Maybe I'm a novice, but he has always looked like a good football player to me. I'd like to see the kid in this class, but I understand that there may not be interest from one side, or both.

Not being a smartass here but legitimately curious since you've seen a lot of the kid... How does he do with physical corners and press coverage? In the film I could find online, I didn't see any of that.

Not being a smartass here but legitimately curious since you've seen a lot of the kid... How does he do with physical corners and press coverage? In the film I could find online, I didn't see any of that.

Would imagine there aren't many HS corners that would play that technique against him. If he gets a step on you it's a house call. Most coaches would probably play off of him at that level.

Advertisement

Would imagine there aren't many HS corners that would play that technique against him. If he gets a step on you it's a house call. Most coaches would probably play off of him at that level.

You're probably right, though I could see a coach rolling his coverage to his side of the field to provide safety help over the top and try to jam him up at the line. Either way, it seems like less high schools play press coverage these days.

Stop overvaluing offers. He has 2 committable offers, Auburn & UF. Just because he has a Bama offer doesn't mean they would accept a commit from him & we know that because they're not even attempting to recruit him. Go ahead & name the Auburn WR's that have been killing it in the league over the last decade. Or better yet, name a good Auburn WR in college football in the last 5 years (Louis & Coates for starters)? He looks like he has nice hands on film because he isn't having to do anything other than run go routes. He's not some high commodity that everyone is clambering after, he's a fast kid that a couple of SEC schools are after. And what's funny is its 2 SEC schools that don't produce WR's.

What are you rambling on about? If Liberty City says so then I guess we should all disregard the recruiting sites. No idea why it list Tee Martin, James Coley, Pannunizio, Dugans etc as primary recruiters and all these offer dates if only UF/Auburn wanted him. Weird. Now maybe he couldn't commit to certain programs (a day before signing day) this late but stop pretending he couldn't sign with the majority of D1 programs. Your argument is how 2 programs (that have won 3 NC in last 10 years btw) he holds offers from have struggled to produce NFL WR's lately. Good stuff. Really. His film showed him high pointing a ball in the back of the end zone & quite a few slants, posts, digs where he caught the ball away from his body.. Perhaps the reason it showed more go routes where he scored is because it is a highlight reel and he wasn't going to fill it with every 8 yard catch.. 80 yard bombs probably won out. Rightfully so IMO.. but what do I know, I probably lack "football knowledge".

Stop overvaluing offers. He has 2 committable offers, Auburn & UF. Just because he has a Bama offer doesn't mean they would accept a commit from him & we know that because they're not even attempting to recruit him. Go ahead & name the Auburn WR's that have been killing it in the league over the last decade. Or better yet, name a good Auburn WR in college football in the last 5 years (Louis & Coates for starters)? He looks like he has nice hands on film because he isn't having to do anything other than run go routes. He's not some high commodity that everyone is clambering after, he's a fast kid that a couple of SEC schools are after. And what's funny is its 2 SEC schools that don't produce WR's.

What are you rambling on about? If Liberty City says so then I guess we should all disregard the recruiting sites. No idea why it list Tee Martin, James Coley, Pannunizio, Dugans etc as primary recruiters and all these offer dates if only UF/Auburn wanted him. Weird. Now maybe he couldn't commit to certain programs (a day before signing day) this late but stop pretending he couldn't sign with the majority of D1 programs. Your argument is how 2 programs (that have won 3 NC in last 10 years btw) he holds offers from have struggled to produce NFL WR's lately. Good stuff. Really. His film showed him high pointing a ball in the back of the end zone & quite a few slants, posts, digs where he caught the ball away from his body.. Perhaps the reason it showed more go routes where he scored is because it is a highlight reel and he wasn't going to fill it with every 8 yard catch.. 80 yard bombs probably won out. Rightfully so IMO.. but what do I know, I probably lack "football knowledge".

The fact that you have so many posts yet can't understand the difference between an "offer" and a "commitable offer" is troubling. You actually think Bama would take his commitment? lol.

LCE is correct. Auburn & UF are the two major schools who want him for football + track. Then pretty much every school in the country wants him for track only

Aight... I've been wrong before & I'll be wrong again, so I don't act like just cause I say so that means anything, I just offer my opinion like everyone else.

But what people seemed to have confused is, that tweet was a repost of another tweet from January 30th. He wasn't offered yesterday, he was just reposting his original offer from us.

I have no idea if there's any contact between him & Dugans as of now, but from Schwartz himself he recently stated that he'll be announcing his commitment on Jan 4th & it'll most likely be between Auburn or UF.

I'm not about to continue to argue over what he is as a WR, it's pointless. Yall just come back & hand me a L if he visits and or commits to us come February.

Advertisement
The fact that you have so many posts yet can't understand the difference between an "offer" and a "commitable offer" is troubling. You actually think Bama would take his commitment? lol. LCE is correct. Auburn & UF are the two major schools who want him for football + track. Then pretty much every school in the country wants him for track only

No. That's why I stated he couldn't commit to all his "offers".. but if you think only UF/Auburn would take him, then we should just stop discussing this now. Schools that have Top 15 classes annually don't take kids that schools like Purdue wouldn't. Not to mention strong track schools like Baylor.. I'm sure Dino Babers wouldn't take him at Syracuse. Only Florida/Auburn. (that's sarcasm) Only reason programs like that don't waste time/resources on him is they know it would be wasted effort.

Aight... I've been wrong before & I'll be wrong again, so I don't act like just cause I say so that means anything, I just offer my opinion like everyone else. But what people seemed to have confused is, that tweet was a repost of another tweet from January 30th. He wasn't offered yesterday, he was just reposting his original offer from us. I have no idea if there's any contact between him & Dugans as of now, but from Schwartz himself he recently stated that he'll be announcing his commitment on Jan 4th & it'll most likely be between Auburn or UF. I'm not about to continue to argue over what he is as a WR, it's pointless. Yall just come back & hand me a L if he visits and or commits to us come February.

Fwiw I don't think he could commit to Miami (Bama, plenty of others obviously). I was just saying if you watch his film, he actually does a nice of job catching the ball away from his body like a real WR. Anti-Hankerson if you will. I have no idea if he will pan out, I just know tons of programs would take the chance. (getting a high profile kid from AH is a bonus) I'm moving on. Sorry for the hostility.

I didn't see many teams try to play press coverage on him.

[MENTION=3898]jmccomber5[/MENTION] is correct.

Advertisement
There's a significant difference between predicting that he'll be in this class (which I doubt he will be) and discussing his virtues as a football player and whether he could play at UM (which I think he can).

Just because there's little contact now doesn't mean he can't play here or that we might not have some interest. There wasn't much contact with Asante Samuel a few weeks ago either. Now, there's a ton, and he might flip to UM. As a prominent ghey guy once told me, recruiting is fluid.

This is a Percy Harvin type of player( which like Harvin was first a track guy) with blazing speed. Let’s not allow the Gayturds to get him **** it! A lot of know it all’s on this board. He’s too small, he runs track stfu!

Advertisement

You're probably right, though I could see a coach rolling his coverage to his side of the field to provide safety help over the top and try to jam him up at the line. Either way, it seems like less high schools play press coverage these days.

Shoot, that's all they play in South Florida. LOL

This is a Percy Harvin type of player( which like Harvin was first a track guy) with blazing speed. Let’s not allow the Gayturds to get him **** it! A lot of know it all’s on this board. He’s too small, he runs track stfu!

Uh No. You must have never seen Harvin play. He's a **** but the single one of that beachazz Tebow crew that I had to respect as a true baller.

He was strong, tough, elusive and clutch in college. Legitimately could have played tailback for 20 carries straight or WR for 20 straight plays.

Not the same player at all. Harvin had blazing speed but not Schwartz speed. Schwartz will never be the football player that Harvin was although I think that Schwartz can be a very very good one.

I would put my most physical CB right in his face and have a Safety sitting over the top. Don't let that kid get rollin.
Let's see if he's physical enough to get off press.

See if his OC is savvy enough to move him around and make him hard to cover. He'd be almost impossible to cover at the #3 spot in trips.

Advertisement
Back