Anthony Brown, QB

Advertisement
The ideal situation might be TVD beating everyone out. That's what Kaaya did after we brought in Jake Heaps in 2014.

The ideal situation is ANYONE beating out what we've seen. Literally anyone. It could be a walk-on and I think it'd be an ideal situation at this point.

I've seen enough of Williams and Perry. I've heard about about Tate Martell.

Just give me someone else.

Advertisement
The ideal situation might be TVD beating everyone out. That's what Kaaya did after we brought in Jake Heaps in 2014.

We need that to happen. I would rather suffer through the growing pains if TVD is truly talented and shows promise because the experience he would gain would be worth the occasional head scratchers. Every team in the playoffs had superior QB play. We've got to find a way to get that type of talent to Coral Gables.

Advertisement
No, a lack of football IQ is actually the biggest issue of everyone else in our QB room. The rest can be overcome as we've seen from almost every single team we've played over the past 10 years.
Is it though? Maybe it's more like Robocop 2 where he was effective with 3 directives, but then somebody tried improving him with more directives until the conflict let to confusion and inaction.

Maybe a new system will go back to keeping it simple.

Advertisement
41 yrs rushing 1 td and 27 yds receiving .. The stats may not look great on paper but he was making plays

Is it though? Maybe it's more like Robocop 2 where he was effective with 3 directives, but then somebody tried improving him with more directives until the conflict let to confusion and inaction.

Maybe a new system will go back to keeping it simple.
I understand your point and keeping it as simple as it can be is always best. However, a cerebral player who exhibits a natural football IQ is what you want at every position, especially QB. Speaking of cerebral players, gosh I miss Braxton!

Advertisement
Hard pass. The kid can’t hit the broad side of a barn. If we just want athleticism, make a run at King from Houston.

That Quincy Avery dude is a tool. I don’t want any QB with his tutelage unless he’s a sure thing. No surprise the guys he handles are all transfer QBs

Advertisement
Back