Anthony Brown, QB

Advertisement
The most important position on the field and we have 3 of the most mental prospects you could ever find all assembled in place.

It’s sad if we are resorting to taking on a 1 year rental just for the sole purpose of adding character.

I’d almost rather throw one of the young QBs to wolves and see what they got before putting this guy out there.

As the dude said before me, we won't get anywhere trying to build a team around the portal.
Exactly, it's like when 'Skins owner Dan Snyder tried to win a championship with Deion, Bruce and all those 40 year olds playing on crutches, oh...and Haynesworth the 100 million dollar man.

Advertisement
In the 6 games he played in last season, he posted a 154.5 rating, which would've been good for 15th in the country.

Also 9.1 YPA, which would've been 10th.

Completion percentage, YPA, INT% all improved every single year at BC.

Yeah , definitely don’t need him. We have the hobbit, suitcase and Lexington Steele. We good bro.

In the 6 games he played in last season, he posted a 154.5 rating, which would've been good for 15th in the country.

Also 9.1 YPA, which would've been 10th.

Completion percentage, YPA, INT% all improved every single year at BC.

This once again. Proves how clueless our fans are.

He has less upside than any of the guys we have, don’t see why we would want him tbh
Because upside means NOTHING if they don't work hard enough to reach it. I'll take a guy with a lower ceiling that is actually working hard to reach it over guys with higher ceilings but no work ethic to get there. The guy with the lower ceiling will actually be the better player.

This once again. Proves how clueless our fans are.

People don't actually watch football here. Generally speaking. We get threads during the year on Friday of a game week asking what time and channel the game is on. You ain't no fan.

So, what you get is people talking on a forum when they either watch no football or only Miami games. And they think "Anthony Brown, he was at BC, they stink, so he stinks". Which, of course, is moronic and par for the course here.

He wasn't great in the game against us last year (220 yards of offense, 2 TDs, and a win), and I'd guarantee you that more than 60% of the people who have chimed in on this thread have never watched a single snap he's taken in any game other than our game with them last year.

Advertisement
We're the crown prince of wasted potential.

Look at JT4. Has all the tools, gets in a situation where there's uncertainty, transfers, stays, then? Nothing. His most memorable play is fumbling a punt he never should have tried to catch.

Look at every one of our RBs. Their highlight reel consists of running into the middle of the line when the defense has 8 men in the box.

We have QBs that everyone wanted and praises. They were an X star, second best dual threat, started over Lawrence, yet here? Nothing.

There is a point where it's incumbent upon the staff to develop their talent and call plays that lets them shine. We didn't learn a **** thing about any of our QBs last year other than Perry is not dumb and does take this seriously. I'll suffer through another 8 month quarterback competition because they all deserve another chance. Hopefully Lashlee can bring out the best in all of them.

The university, Diaz, and the players should sue Dan Enos for damages. He shouldn't be coaching football anywhere ever again.

Haven't watched many of his games, but from what I have seen, he's not real impressive. I hope we have a better option

Dmoney if we have real issues with the QB room, let's identify what they are and either eliminate the issue or eliminate the player causing the issue. Not a hard fix. And I agree with Brock. If Brown's coming to backup Nkosi, TVD, or Mochada ok. Brown is a 55% passer whose thrown 40 TDs but has had 20 INTs. He and Nkosi are similar players statistically. And Nkosi had issues year one, but I thought reports were he was not causing any issues this past season and had matured significantly. If that's the case, I would not lump him with JW and Kiki's boyfriend. Also, didn't you do a podcast with Roman recently where you all said TVD has the athleticism of Deshaun Watson - based on Roman's computer analysis - and that he reminded you and Roman of Josh Rosen and Brad Kaaya? That being the case, let's see what TVD can do.

Last edited:
Dmoney if we have real issues with the QB room, let's identify what they are and either eliminate the issue or eliminate the player causing the issue. Not a hard fix. And I agree with Brock. If Brown's coming to backup Nkosi, TVD, or Mochada ok. Brown is a 55% passer whose thrown 40 TDs but has had 20 INTs. He and Nkosi are similar players statistically. And Nkosi had issues year one, but I thought reports were he was not causing any issues this past season and had matured significantly. If that's the case, I would not lump him with JW and Kiki's boyfriend. Also, didn't you do a podcast with Roman recently where you all said TVD has the athleticism of Deshaun Watson - based on Roman's computer analysis - and that he reminded you and Roman of Drew Rosenhaus and Brad Kaaya? That being the case, let's see what TVD can do.

They aren’t bringing in a grad transfer to sit the bench. Especially when the current room is full.

The qb room needs chemo.

Advertisement
Bring him in to teach Williams how to be a QB ( not the physical stuff every else Williams as the tools) as he is the only talent besides Van Dyke we will have at QB. He would be a great back up IMO .
So Williams has resisted all attempts by adults to get his sht right, but another kid is going to mentor him? Seems unlikely.

Will always consider a high character guy esp at QB. If numbers game works out with our other needs then I'm in for this guy.

Low-risk move. If the character is as good as advertised, I do it in a heartbeat.

That doesn't mean he walks into the starting job. We brought in Jake Heaps in 2014 and Kaaya beat him out.

Don't know much about the kid's character, but you seem to be behind it. If true, perhaps he has a similar impact in defining leadership for the QB room that KJ had on the WR room.

Advertisement
Exactly, it's like when 'Skins owner Dan Snyder tried to win a championship with Deion, Bruce and all those 40 year olds playing on crutches, oh...and Haynesworth the 100 million dollar man.

It hurts my eyes to know that is truth, and that his still owns that team.

Brown's completion percentage improved every year, but you have to put that into context. He completed just 55% of his passes as a season-long starter in 2018 and then improved to just 59% before suffering a season-ending injury last year.

Accuracy is his biggest issue much like everyone else in our QB room.

Don't believe he's a savior at all, I'm not sold on his abilities, but at the same time we can't just stay the course with what we have and Brown may be the best we can get after crapping the bed this season.

In a perfect world Tyler VanDyke comes in and far enough along that he can fight for the job.

To your point, we would be in GREAT shape is Jarren simply matured. Even the time investment makes sense as he is only a sophomore.

If Jarren cannot mature, start TVD from day 1 and ride the wave. Because at that point, stability and progress mean more.

Advertisement
Back