Anthony Brown, QB

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
No inside info on this, but he seems to be emerging as a logical transfer candidate.

New article by Bruce Feldman suggests Miami is very much involved. His QB coach (Quincy Avery) was very vocal on Twitter in support of Miami's decision to replace Enos with Lashlee. Avery is training Brown as he makes his decision. It is also possible Brown returns to BC and plays for their new coach from Ohio State.

Of course, we aren't talking about a Jalen Hurts or Justin Fields-type impact player. Brown isn't that level of talent and is coming off an ACL injury. But he is by all accounts a great teammate, a double-major at BC and was playing some of his best football early this season.

The Feldman article says he is enrolling in January but probably won't be ready to play until late-April. This would allow him to learn Lashlee's offense and put pressure on the existing QBs while Lashlee evaluates them. This may also speed up the Portal process for some of our existing guys.

More than anything, we need character in the QB room.

Advertisement
He has less upside than any of the guys we have, don’t see why we would want him tbh. Must remember everyone is judging our guys in the lenses of what they say of them behind one of the worst offensive schemes in college football and a oline group that bottom 10 in the country in sacks alot(scheme exposed them even more so). Let’s give everyone a fresh start to see what they do in much better system

Last edited:
I'd have to watch more of his junior stuff...But accuracy was a big issue his first two years. The junior stats really took off but the tough part of their schedule was later after he got hurt...The first 6 games were against a really weak schedule.

Throws a nice deep ball...Probably a 7 or 8 on the mobility scale, at least before this ACL...But accuracy on the short stuff/and over the middle stuff lacks. Doesn't really thread the needle on anything.

Would he have to sit a year?

Advertisement
No inside info on this, but he seems to be emerging as a logical transfer candidate.

New article by Bruce Feldman suggests Miami is very much involved. His QB coach (Quincy Avery) was very vocal on Twitter in support of Miami's decision to replace Enos with Lashlee. Avery is training Brown as he makes his decision. It is also possible Brown returns to BC and plays for their new coach from Ohio State.

Of course, we aren't talking about a Jalen Hurts or Justin Fields-type impact player. Brown isn't that level of talent and is coming off an ACL injury. But he is by all accounts a great teammate, a double-major at BC and was playing some of his best football early this season.

The Feldman article says he is enrolling in January but probably won't be ready to play until late-April. This would allow him to learn Lashlee's offense and put pressure on the existing QBs while Lashlee evaluates them. This may also speed up the Portal process for some of our existing guys.

More than anything, we need character in the QB room.

How would you like Brown coming to Miami? I would put atleast 4 transfers ahead of him. I also dont think he's better than some of our current QBs.

I don’t follow Texas, but I remember being underwhelmed by Buechler when he was there. Which is why he transferred i am sure. But he seems to have lit it up this year. Would love for Lashlee to make that type of impact on a Anthony Brown type player.

Advertisement
How would you like Brown coming to Miami? I would put atleast 4 transfers ahead of him. I also dont think he's better than some of our current QBs.

Low-risk move. If the character is as good as advertised, I do it in a heartbeat.

That doesn't mean he walks into the starting job. We brought in Jake Heaps in 2014 and Kaaya beat him out.

What good is upside when you're suspended or on an Instagram sabbatical?

A lot of young bucks on our team think they are philosophers with these insta quotes!

"Black heart emoji" -- Most common.
"Young king gorilla" -- Posted by one of ours. He's actually quite soft
"comin for the bag" -- Meanwhile this players BFP makes it evident the work isn't put in. Moobs.
"Moment I stop havin' fun with it i'll be done with it" -- This player has never sniffed the field. More so, daddy is booster.

I need some help with the insta translations.

True and good point but this qb can’t elevate Miami imo over what we have. Newman on the other hand can

That kid from Wake isn't coming here. I agree with D Money, I would prefer a kid who will lead by example and play intelligent football with minimal mistakes.

If I could compare to a different position, I'll take a guy with KJ Osborn's mental make up under center than a guy who's more talented talented, like Jeff Thomas but grossly inconsistent and lacking maturity.

Advertisement
As much as the QB room needs character, it also needs accuracy. Brown played just 5 full games in his injury-shortened 2019 season, completing just 50% of his passes in a blowout loss to Kansas at home (18-of-36) and only completed 13-of-25 attempts for 159 yards the following week at Rutgers.

From a beggars can't be choosers standpoint, I can understand bringing him in to compete. If it forced some in our current QB room to pack their s*** and leave, then maybe it's worth it for that alone.

Low-risk move. If the character is as good as advertised, I do it in a heartbeat.

That doesn't mean he walks into the starting job. We brought in Jake Heaps in 2014 and Kaaya beat him out.
Kid has some talent just dont see him as an upgrade. Character maybe key though.

Advertisement
True and good point but this qb can’t elevate Miami imo over what we have. Newman on the other hand can.

Definitely don't understand the infatuation with Newman.

What good is upside when you're suspended or on an Instagram sabbatical?

Perfectly said D-Money...I cannot wait til the day that little drama queen bytch Tate Martell is no longer associated with UM football.

And as you said...Bring him in to compete with Williams, Matocha, TVD from day 1. (I don't think Perry can play starting QB at UM despite having arm talent, and I hope Martell and his little soy milk soap opera is gone tomorrow)

No, please no if Miami is really trying to compete.

Dude is not good plus coming off an ACL injury.

But if it gets Diaz fired faster, than by all means bring him in.

Advertisement
Back