Anthony Brown, QB

Definitely don't understand the infatuation with Newman.

Perfectly said D-Money...I cannot wait til the day that little drama queen bytch Tate Martell is no longer associated with UM football.

And as you said...Bring him in to compete with Williams, Matocha, TVD from day 1. (I don't think Perry can play starting QB at UM despite having arm talent, and I hope Martell and his little soy milk soap opera is gone tomorrow)

Williams gets to stay but Martell must go?

Advertisement
I think Jamie Newman would be the perfect guy for this offense right now. Not the ideal guy, but of every human available to Miami...Jamie Newman would be the guy.

I like Brown well enough, but I don't think he's accurate enough to run this thing. I think it'd be a rough year for the offense if he is your starting QB.

No inside info on this, but he seems to be emerging as a logical transfer candidate.

New article by Bruce Feldman suggests Miami is very much involved. His QB coach (Quincy Avery) was very vocal on Twitter in support of Miami's decision to replace Enos with Lashlee. Avery is training Brown as he makes his decision. It is also possible Brown returns to BC and plays for their new coach from Ohio State.

Of course, we aren't talking about a Jalen Hurts or Justin Fields-type impact player. Brown isn't that level of talent and is coming off an ACL injury. But he is by all accounts a great teammate, a double-major at BC and was playing some of his best football early this season.

The Feldman article says he is enrolling in January but probably won't be ready to play until late-April. This would allow him to learn Lashlee's offense and put pressure on the existing QBs while Lashlee evaluates them. This may also speed up the Portal process for some of our existing guys.

More than anything, we need character in the QB room.

I actually posted this other day, he makes the most sense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bring him in to teach Williams how to be a QB ( not the physical stuff every else Williams as the tools) as he is the only talent besides Van Dyke we will have at QB. He would be a great back up IMO .

People love Newman...He is a SLIGHTLY better thrower than Brown. Newman had the second or third best set set of WR in the ACC...When they got injured he fell out of his tree real quick. And has fallen off (like most QBs do) the last 2 years against defenses with an actual pulse...When they play real defenses he simply throws jump balls and makes an occasional nice pro keeper run. Both are good runners, I'd say Brown (pre-injury) a tad faster, but both are fast enough and run with power.

You take either to compete at this point. We have some a$$holes in that QB room right now.

If Brown would come, my predicted scenario would be...Martell gone, Brown edges out Matocha and Williams, Williams transfers...Perry transfers next year for his final year, TVD players 3-4 games to gain and experience and redshirt. I think Matocha could be a sleeper in this whole thing.

I just want Martell the f**k outta here...I'm all for Williams competing and winning the job, I just think he has a sense of entitlement too, like he's accomplished something here. So I think he will leave too if not handed starting job.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He has less upside than any of the guys we have, don’t see why we would want him tbh

that may be true, but these guys we have now are still wallowing on the downside so the upside has yet to be realized. How long do you give them before moving on?

I am not saying Brown is the savior but I get where DMoney is coming from. I am tired of this cast of characters in this QB room. Its been 2 years of torture from this same **** group and I have just run out of hope for any of them. Need someone to shake things up and relying on a TFr is not the answer. (Tyler Van Dyke). I was hoping that Lashlee had someone in the chamber in mind to bring with him.

Advertisement
You're right, but this guy from BC is not the savior you think he is.
Don't believe he's a savior at all, I'm not sold on his abilities, but at the same time we can't just stay the course with what we have and Brown may be the best we can get after crapping the bed this season.

In a perfect world Tyler VanDyke comes in and far enough along that he can fight for the job.

Advertisement
Back