Anthony Brown, QB

Advertisement
I don’t know how anyone can watch both and think Brown isn’t better than Jarren. He’s a better runner and better at throwing deep. Those alone make him better. Jarren is the definition of a JAG. Imagine having a JAG at QB.

I’d like to see Williams, Perry & Martell all leave. Let VanDyke, Matocha & grad transfer battle it out
I wouldn’t be mad but I’d keep Perry and this would be the perfect scenario imo. We just don’t need 6 qbs 2 of them have to go preferably any of the upperclassmen.

Brown is a better option than any QB on the roster.

If they are ready, they can win the job like Kaaya did.
Pretty unfair judgement considering most are judging Perry and Williams in the lenses of them in 2 of the most unimaginative offenses in football the last 2 years. Not to mention having literally one of the worst o lines in the country in 2019 that makes offensive football non functional far too often. What are their numbers in a regular spread offense where you get the ball out fast and just a normal oline situation instead of a train wreck? Or one that doesn’t over utilize i formation and excessive play action in 2019? What are Anthony brown numbers if he played in last years offense? Those are valid questions people have to think about when discussing this.

Kaaya had virtually zero competition too in that “qb battle”, heaps was *** so if van dyke doesn’t factor in the race that’s not going to be a major indictment on him imo, more talent at the position in this battle.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pretty unfair judgement considering most are judging Perry and Williams in the lenses of them in 2 of the most unimaginative offenses in football the last 2 years. Not to mention having literally one of the worst o lines in the country in 2019 that makes offensive football non functional far too often. What are their numbers in a regular spread offense where you get the ball out fast and just a normal oline situation instead of a train wreck? Or one that doesn’t over utilized information and excessive play action in 2019? What are Anthony brown numbers if he played in last years offense? Those are valid questions people have to think about when discussing this.

Kaaya had virtually zero competition too in that “qb battle”, heaps was *** so if van dyke doesn’t factor in the race that’s not going to be a major indictment on him imo, more talent at the position in this battle.

Enos didn’t sell them drugs or take away their playbooks.

In a spread offense like lashlee’s, vehemently disagree but oh well. I dont Like brown whatsoever, he’s not More physically gifted than any qb we have other than maybe tate and he’s injury prone
Jarren doesn't have it, he's not a leader & doesn't have the competitive fire to put the team on his back.

Idc about Brown either, but if Lashlee wants him while knowing what he's already got in the QB room that should tell you all you need to know.

I know he's your guy Brock & maybe he can turn it around eventually, but for this season, Jarren has lost any & all benefit of the doubt, don't care if he was just a Red Frosh or not, he ruined his chance to start this season.

Too much riding on the line to hope & wait for him to finally grow up.

Advertisement
Jarren doesn't have it, he's not a leader & doesn't have the competitive fire to put the team on his back.

Idc about Brown either, but if Lashlee wants him while knowing what he's already got in the QB room that should tell you all you need to know.

I know he's your guy Brock & maybe he can turn it around eventually, but for this season, Jarren has lost any & all benefit of the doubt, don't care if he was just a Red Frosh or not, he ruined his chance to start this season.

Better hold out hope for D’Eriq king 🤷🏾‍♂️

Exactly brah i was cool how he acted as a true freshman cuz it was bs... this year he won the job and couldn’t get his ish together na dawg get him out of here. He ain’t Miami material.

Advertisement
Don’t think anyone thinks he’s a savior but in this system he could be really good. Big , athletic kid with easier throws and reads than bc’s o. Oh and he’s a mature kid, the qb room lacks that.

He’d be perfect for one year.
Meh. Not a good passer.

And his antics were compounded by the fact that Manny kept playing him.

He should’ve been permanently benched after he left the team for one day back in October.

When he was allowed to play the next game, he knew he was basically untouchable in Manny’s eyes.

Nothing was going to happen to him no matter what he did.

And that carried over to Bowl prep.

I was very impressed with Jarren after the first few games but it became impossible to have faith in him after the bizarrely uneven play and all the outside noise about his dedication to the team and being the best he could be kept leaking out.

Last season I thought it was telling that when CMR told him he was going to be redshirted he chose to accept it then get fat, miss practice and fall asleep in meetings instead of busting his *** and leading to the point that he made it impossible for RIcht not to play him instead of the atrocious alternatives.

Right now I think it would be best for everyone for him to hit the portal and get a fresh start somewhere else.

Advertisement
Better hold out hope for D’Eriq king 🤷🏾‍♂️
I'm all in on D'Eriq King, I'd take him in a heartbeat, but he's yet to put his name back in the Portal & it doesn't look like he wants to leave...

It doesn't matter to me who the Grad Transfer is (as long as it's not Pepe Franks lol), just bring one in & force the 3 stooges to sink or swim.

Handing over anything to any of them would be a disaster for this season. We can't afford to wait around for these guys to mature, we need to win now & the only way we win now is with a smart mature leader at QB, something none of the 3 incumbents are.

I was very impressed with Jarren after the first few games but it became impossible to have faith in him after the bizarrely uneven play and all the outside noise about his dedication to the team and being the best he could be kept leaking out.

Last season I thought it was telling that when CMR told him he was going to be redshirted he chose to accept it then get fat, miss practice and fall asleep in meetings instead of busting his *** and leading to the point that he made it impossible for RIcht not to play him instead of the atrocious alternatives.

Right now I think it would be best for everyone for him to hit the portal and get a fresh start somewhere else.

Kid is clearly on drugs and not ready to be the leader of this team and QB for Miami. It’s TVD, MaTacho or a transfer.

LOL at anyone who wants Jarren back. Dont care about his arm talent and accuracy (which btw magically disappeared against FIU, Duke, La Tech...). Dude is NOT a leader. That simple. Hasn't shown one f***** ounce of leadership. He's mentally weak, cant handle adversary, and goes into a crybaby shell when anything goes wrong.

Is Brown the answer? Idk but at least the kid can bring some maturity to the QB room. That's a start

Advertisement
Back