Anthony Brown, QB

I don’t know how anyone can watch both and think Brown isn’t better than Jarren. He’s a better runner and better at throwing deep. Those alone make him better. Jarren is the definition of a JAG. Imagine having a JAG at QB.
Brown is a jag too

Advertisement
Sometimes, in college, QB play isn't just about your talent level. There are lots of talented quarterbacks that can play in college.

Sometimes, its about leadership and whats between the ears. Our current top group of QBs are severely lacking those attributes. They are all high maintenance JAGS that always have other meaningless **** going on in their lives and as a result aren't worth the trouble for even their best days.

What we need is a guy...or two...that just shut their mouths, lead their team, focus on football all day every day, and just go out there be reliable on Saturdays. I don't care if he's a tick less talented than one of our current guys. I want a guy that commands attention in the huddle and everyone goes and performs their assignment.

If that is Anthony Brown...ok. That can win the Coastal.

Anyone still believing in Jarren has not heard details of his "performance" inside that QB room. The kid beat Trevor Lawrence out at one camp and has crowned himself since. He doesn't have the maturity, work ethic, or mental edge needed to be our starter. If he starts next year, Diaz will be fired after year two and there's zero shot Diaz is going to bank on Jarren for his job security.

I'm all in on D'Eriq King, I'd take him in a heartbeat, but he's yet to put his name back in the Portal & it doesn't look like he wants to leave...

It doesn't matter to me who the Grad Transfer is (as long as it's not Pepe Franks lol), just bring one in & force the 3 stooges to sink or swim.

Handing over anything to any of them would be a disaster for this season. We can't afford to wait around for these guys to mature, we need to win now & the only way we win now is with a smart mature leader at QB, something none of the 3 incumbents are.
King is 1, 1a, 1b, 2, 3, n 4. Id take Costello after King, hes a tough scheme fit but he is alittle more athletic than we give him credit for. Brown is not a talent upgrade but if wat Dmoney said is true a high character guy might be worth a shot.

Advertisement
I think what D money is saying is that yes he may not be some tremendous talent but his character alone is needed to elevate the quarterback room. That in itself tells you what you need to know lol. A guy who has insight into things says our quarterbacks are all over the place, and we just need someone here to stabilize and lead the room to be better.

Bring in a portal guy to start and I’m fine with keeping apostrophe as a back up. Get Jarren and Tater Tot all the way out of my face.

I'm all in on D'Eriq King, I'd take him in a heartbeat, but he's yet to put his name back in the Portal & it doesn't look like he wants to leave...

It doesn't matter to me who the Grad Transfer is (as long as it's not Pepe Franks lol), just bring one in & force the 3 stooges to sink or swim.

Handing over anything to any of them would be a disaster for this season. We can't afford to wait around for these guys to mature, we need to win now & the only way we win now is with a smart mature leader at QB, something none of the 3 incumbents are.

Advertisement
Would prefer Costello but Brown is absolutely an Upgrayedd over what we have. King is obviously superior to all of them.

King is 1, 1a, 1b, 2, 3, n 4. Id take Costello after King, hes a tough scheme fit but he is alittle more athletic than we give him credit for. Brown is not a talent upgrade but if wat Dmoney said is true a high character guy might be worth a shot.
Anthony is rehabbing and probably won’t be ready til April. KJ graduates in May. Also LSU and Oregon will be in the market for qb so KJ and King might not be a realistic option. Unfortunately, it’s bad timing and better options for these grad transfers.

he may be more mature but ability wise I don’t think he is better

How? Brown is better in almost every category. Jarren is maybe a little more accurate. The only ability he has the edge in is accuracy. Brown has a better deep ball and he’s a serviceable runner. jarren is pretty much no threat with his legs or head. Barely with his arm.

Advertisement
Pretty unfair judgement considering most are judging Perry and Williams in the lenses of them in 2 of the most unimaginative offenses in football the last 2 years. Not to mention having literally one of the worst o lines in the country in 2019 that makes offensive football non functional far too often. What are their numbers in a regular spread offense where you get the ball out fast and just a normal oline situation instead of a train wreck? Or one that doesn’t over utilize i formation and excessive play action in 2019? What are Anthony brown numbers if he played in last years offense? Those are valid questions people have to think about when discussing this.

Kaaya had virtually zero competition too in that “qb battle”, heaps was *** so if van dyke doesn’t factor in the race that’s not going to be a major indictment on him imo, more talent at the position in this battle.
You just don’t get it do you? You said previously that you’ve seen all you need to or something dumb like that. Your defense of Jarren is showing your lack of anything football wise.

Stick to stalking kids on twitter

Last edited:
I would take two QBs from the portal. One that can play immediately, preferably King, if not, Brown and then one that can play after sitting a year. My choice: Justin Rogers, who is transferring from TCU.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back