Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

Advertisement
They had 9 months to prepare for Bama. Anyone want to add in other examples of us coming off a long break and ****ting the bed?
Every bowl game since the West Virginia one….

Whisky owned us what 3 years in a row? With the sugar on top of losing to LaTech

Every bowl game since the West Virginia one….

Whisky owned us what 3 years in a row? With the sugar on top of losing to LaTech
We have yet to win a game with more than one week to prepare under Manny lol

Edit. We did beat mighty UAB to open the season last year.

Advertisement
Can’t see how this doesn’t exacerbate divisions in the locker room. He’s already established favorites with seniority now he’s pulling the rug from underneath them? This doesn’t bode well.
You can't exacerbate the situation anymore than it already is. Locker room has been all about cliques for years. Very little unity.

They had 9 months to prepare for Bama. Anyone want to add in other examples of us coming off a long break and ****ting the bed?
Oh I hear you, I was just asking if that was your prediction on the game he could get canned.

Oh I hear you, I was just asking if that was your prediction on the game he could get canned.
I have no idea about what’s going to be done at this time. I haven’t inquired personally. I’m actually trying to stay detached from this roller coaster and let the chips fall where they may. None of us has control anyhow.

Advertisement
Yes, Miami can get Cristobal, but then would have to put crap around him because we blew the budget in just getting him through the door. As we've seen with Cristobal, he's going to need top end assistants, because he isn't super strong in regards to tactical stuff. He's a recruiter(When he has Oregon or Alabama resources), can he do that here, with significantly less at his disposal? Unless a booster is not only willing to pay Mario's buyout, but also subsidize a huge infusion into the program in regards to assistants and support staff, it may be cost prohibitive to go that direction. Let's see if these donors are willing to put their money where their mouths are. Don't run to the Herald and say "I was willing to pay for Mario", and not be ready to do it right now.

There's two ways to approach this situation: Either do some actual work and make an inspired, but less flashy hire and build around them, or hire Mario Cristobal, win the press conference but then run the risk of not having the ability to build an organization around him. I'm more in the make the solid hire, and build a very strong organization around them camp, hence why I want to see Miami go after Bill Clark or Chris Petersen. Now, that all changes if the Soffers or Lemonis steps up and says "I'm tired of us failing, I'm willing to give you enough to get Mario and build around him". If that is the case, then I'm all in for Mario.

Canes are my favorite sports team period. Been a fan for 35 years. When I saw #6 swindled from us in 2003 the only thing that brought me any comfort at all was coming back for it the next year. Been waiting for 19 years now cheering on every play of every game. was very upset about hiring Diaz over Mario. was also upset when we didn’t hire Alonzo, but could never imagine wanting us to lose. Well, here we are. Frenk, James, Strawley and whoever don’t give a fu*k about the program? Fire them all. Let’s get Highsmith and Cristobal ASAP if possible and If we need to lose games in order to get that mission accomplished then fu*k it. I’m in.

ZomboMeme 20092021160038.jpg

Advertisement
Does Mario bring the handle bar mustache S&C coach? Might be a deal-breaker for me.

Advertisement
Mario went out and proved himself, This is how you hire people , not eating your boogers and hiring first time coaches from a failed staff.
How do so many people not know this.

Also, how does a BOT member say “Panic Hire” in one breath, and “we are happy w his performance” in the next? Either these billionaires are as clueless as the CIS crowd who doesn’t get the value of hiring a proven guy, or Blake is a dead man walking, but the anonymous bot member isnt willing to rock the boat. Yet.

Butch speaks Highly of Mario...

Honest question for you. Does/has Butch ever considered an AD position? Just curious, as the college game (particularly recruiting) is so much harder on older coaches. I was just watching a bit of the ESPN doc on Parcells/Belichick, and you could really see the toll that coaching took on Parcells' health.

Sure. Just search our schedules under Diaz and find literally any bye week. That'll be an exame.

Edit: I could fix my spelling mistake but I'm leaving it in as protest since that would be more effort than the team puts in to the games.

Advertisement
Back