Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

Advertisement
I get he had to play both sides of the fence. But from my perspective I'd certainly say Paul didn't have Butch's back. Seemed like an very unprofessional individual.
As you know better than anyone...Butch dealt with alot of opposition his entire tenure...that's irrefutable...

U gotta remember size and speed factor. I think first round types I think of three. Taylor Williams and possibly sneak in the B Smith. Kinchens tosmall imo. He possibly will get drafted but not first round imo. Brinson no cause speed u need that for a first round wr (most of the time) Arroyo very possible maybe. Jake? **** nah

No expert but jmho
Brinson is very fast…

going to disagree with that one on the VERY part. Lets see man
I’m a track guy.. and a football coach.. he’s a strider. If he learns proper running form (take some track practice for a while) he’s a low 4.4. I think you like most people mistake quickness for long speed.. once Mello gets going he’s a blur..it’s his quickness that needs to be worked on. Watch his film. He runs away from “south Florida” speed easily

Advertisement
As you know better than anyone...Butch dealt with alot of opposition his entire tenure...that's irrefutable...
So would Butch be in the running if they get rid of Manny this season? What's your opinion on a possible Butch HC/Dorsey OC reunion? Don't know if Dorsey views it as a lateral or step down move, but a hypothetical situation where he can be groomed as HC in waiting type role is what I'm getting at. I think that's a great move for us.

So would Butch be in the running if they get rid of Manny this season? What's your opinion on a possible Butch HC/Dorsey OC reunion? Don't know if Dorsey views it as a lateral or step down move, but a hypothetical situation where he can be groomed as HC in waiting type role is what I'm getting at. I think that's a great move for us.
Butch has no interest anymore....8yrs ago??...Absolutely....but he's happy and content. Ken's not leaving the NFL where he's thought highly of, especially with his work with Allen...

Advertisement
Until the job is open the conversation is a non starter. Regardless all the people that matter already have these answers. At the very least we would certainly have his attention.
Any chance Mario would try to bring Ken Dorsey in at OC if he got the job here? Do you think Dorsey would be interested in leaving the Bills for a couple years as OC at his alma mater?

Butch has no interest anymore....8yrs ago??...Absolutely....but he's happy and content. Ken's not leaving the NFL where he's thought highly of, especially with his work with Allen...
Personally Butch would be my number 1 choice. Has been for years, shame he's not interested anymore. Imagine him in year 6 -7 right now...

So it's Cristobal or bust for you then?

Alonzo as AD or just over football? I just don't see him as AD.
I don't either. There's a lot more to being AD than just the football program. You'd better be ready to attend BB, BB, Soccer, Track,all men AND women's sporting events every day of the week and that's only a small part of what the job entails.

Advertisement
I’m a track guy.. and a football coach.. he’s a strider. If he learns proper running form (take some track practice for a while) he’s a low 4.4. I think you like most people mistake quickness for long speed.. once Mello gets going he’s a blur..it’s his quickness that needs to be worked on. Watch his film. He runs away from “south Florida” speed easily
I hope you right it's hard to get a judgement on his speed vs HS.

Any chance Mario would try to bring Ken Dorsey in at OC if he got the job here? Do you think Dorsey would be interested in leaving the Bills for a couple years as OC at his alma mater?
Personally I think Kenny is on the fast track to an oc job in NFL. He tried to come here twice and he was rejected while butch brought him in at fiu. It's just my opinion but Kenny ain't coming back here. He's someone who behind the scenes with people in the league he's been getting alot of credit. It's well known as far back as Carolina with cam that it was Kenny who's really responsible for these qbs success. He just gets it. Would be massive get if we could but I doubt it. IT IS JUST MY OPINION THOUGH

Personally I think Kenny is on the fast track to an oc job in NFL. He tried to come here twice and he was rejected while butch brought him in at fiu. It's just my opinion but Kenny ain't coming back here. He's someone who behind the scenes with people in the league he's been getting alot of credit. It's well known as far back as Carolina with cam that it was Kenny who's really responsible for these qbs success. He just gets it. Would be massive get if we could but I doubt it. IT IS JUST MY OPINION THOUGH
Agree with everything you said, was interested in your opinion, so thanks for that. Do you think Mario would make the call? Would Dorsey at least listen? I mean Mario is known to be a good recruiter right.

Advertisement

Agree completely. Drives me crazy when the know-nothings try to diminish Dorsey's work by pointing to his job titles, not to mention the "never give a job to a UM alum or legacy" crowd.

Would have loved it if God had given Ken Dorsey an arm like Mahomes' arm.

I know you're saying KD is on the "fast track" to an NFL OC job, but it certainly has seemed to be a slow track. Would be great if he could get his first OC job at UM and then he would have options to stay at the college level or eventually move back to the NFL level.

In the event that we can't get an A+ hire, I would love this scenario! Butch in the Bobbah role (R.I.P.) and Ken in the Jimbo role. That actually makes sense if we can't get Mario, Kiffin or some other homerun hire. That could actually work, which is exactly why they won't even consider it.

I hope you right it's hard to get a judgement on his speed vs HS.
It is hard to gauge that’s true. He’s a very long and fluid dude and he’s a yac monster. Once he opens up his stride he’s hard to bring down. Like that curl route he caught in the @Lance Roffers break down. If he turns that up and gets past that 1st guy that’s where you’ll see how fast Mello is cause now he has a running start after his first move. He’ll never be caught from behind. I would work on his quickness and building up speed without having to get into a “drive phase”

****, you can go back to Cleveland and Brady Quinn. They were teammates and Quinn owed a lot of what he learned to Dorsey during his time at cleveland.

Advertisement
Back