Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Bruce Feldman talks about Miami and Mario on his podcast: The Audible

The entire podcast is really interesting - the Miami discussion starts around the 53 minute mark. Prior to the Cristobol conversation, Bruce and Stew talk about FSU....

Advertisement
Feldman is close to Mario - went to school with him and has been friends for years. He says that he doesn't think Mario knows what Mario wants to do. He doesn't see Mario as one of the college coaches who ultimately goes to the NFL; coaches like Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley are the type of coaches he sees doing that down the road.

Feldman believes that there are two schools Oregon should worry about with regard to Cristobol: USC and Miami.
Feldman also recognizes that Miami could be categorized as Cristobol's dream job and it would be interesting to see what he would do if Miami really pushes to hire him.

“In my mind, just knowing Mario—and I went to school with him, so I’ve known him a long time—like USC can pay Mario a lot more than Miami can, but Miami is home. His brother Lou is a Miami-Dade police officer and the family is entrenched there in that culture,” Feldman said.

“I was with [Mario] when they were playing their bowl game against Michigan State basically when the Miami job came open and they scrambled to bring Manny Diaz back to be the head coach,” Feldman said. “They couldn’t have afforded Mario’s buyout at that point, which was somewhere between $11M-$12M and I am not sure they can afford it now at $9M, so it may be a non-starter at that point.”

“I know Mario thinks he has a really good team now and he thinks they will be even better in 2022 and 2023,”

“If he wants to be the Miami head coach, it is going to be a rebuilding job no matter what,”

“The only thing I do wonder about is this may be the last realistic time that if he wants to be the coach at Miami "

👆No idea if any of the above is true...let's say it is...👇

A few things then...
- As Super Mario allows this to go unaddressed, it raises eyebrows for all involved
-- For "he doesn't have to respond crowd", in situations like these with no response, like it or not it becomes a position in court of public opinion...believing anything else is something for amateurs or even less
- Longer Super Mario doesn't publically (or privately to Oregon) doesn't emphatically state "I'm staying in Eugene!", game of cat and mouse for his $$$$$ interests.... good for him
-- NOW, if quietly behind scenes Oregon/Super Mario are working an extension, when they announce, emphatic power move about commitment (I'm 🤢🤮 thinking this was somewhat done with Golden during Shapiro garabage and PedoU came sniffing around*)
- We have several connected here...enlighten us in print...or is the social wacko about "Public Bienemy #1 to Miami" scooping?

What kind of buzz/bomb happens when Oregon/USC/Miami makes super Mario a Top 3-5 salary HC with staff???

*is my memory off on that?

Last edited:
It looks like the popular sentiment around the country is that Cristobal would leave Oregon for Miami (which is very surprising to me tbh).

Now it’s time for UM to do their part because, Mario or not, Manny ain’t it and Blake James is the worst P5 AD ever.

If we will be cheap again, we will have cheap results. It’s that simple.

Advertisement
It looks like the popular sentiment around the country is that Cristobal would leave Oregon for Miami (which is very surprising to me tbh).

Now it’s time for UM to do their part because, Mario or not, Manny ain’t it and Blake James is the worst P5 AD ever.

Pep Guardiola to Miami as AD... PLAYERS NOTIFIED...he's bringing in Zidane as headbutting coach

fück it even more, just hire Ted Lasso

Barbeque Sauce.

Last edited:
For shyts and giggles - because that’s what all the speculation is here - let’s say a billionaire close to the program is willing to fork over the big bucks to lure Mario “home.” Probably looking at 20M year one - 9M buyout, 6-7M for Mario’s salary and another 4-5M for staff salaries. 20M for a billionaire is like pocket change to us mere mortals.

So the financial side is covered. So the real question remains does Mario want to come home? IDGAF who you are, there’s ONLY 2 people that can answer that question - Mario and his wife.

Here’s my last question - when was the last time anyone here talked to Mario? I’ll wait.

Advertisement
Pep Guardiola to Miami as AD... PLAYERS NOTIFIED...he's bringing in Zidane as headbutting coach

fück it even more, just hire Ted Lasso

Barbeque Sauce.
If you bring Pep in, a Saudi oil prince would have to be named as the next UM president, to bankroll his moves. Anyway, i’d be shocked if UM got Mario here, unless there were changes at the top to do the deal.

It'll be Alonzo & Mario....
Are You Sure Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

Advertisement

A few things then...
- As Super Mario allows this to go unaddressed, it raises eyebrows for all involved
-- For "he doesn't have to respond crowd", in situations like these with no response, like it or not it becomes a position in court of public opinion...believing anything else is something for amateurs or even less
- Longer Super Mario doesn't publically (or privately to Oregon) doesn't emphatically state "I'm staying in Eugene!", game of cat and mouse for his $$$$$ interests.... good for him
-- NOW, if quietly behind scenes Oregon/Super Mario are working an extension, when they announce, emphatic power move about commitment (I'm 🤢🤮 thinking this was somewhat done with Golden during Shapiro garabage and PedoU came sniffing around*)
- We have several connected here...enlighten us in print...or is the social wacko about "Public Bienemy #1 to Miami" scooping?

What kind of buzz/bomb happens when Oregon/USC/Miami makes super Mario a Top 3-5 salary HC with staff???

In this day and age of social media and the whole "look at me" mentality I find it hard to believe they (Oregon) would be working quietly behind the scenes on a new deal for Mario without anyone leaking it or straight up spilling the beans.
I agree his silence on it is deafening though..........

agree with the post that's what my gut tells me as well...... Blake would pass on Howard, JJ given the opportunity and did pass on Butch
some sort of retread who will not threaten the nepotism at Hecth thats my bet

Advertisement
I thought you weren’t much of a Shalala fan… i hope I’m not offending anyone, but it may take more than gods’ will for UM to get this turned around
Thank you for being smart enough to know what I even said. Refreshing, my day is made.

😂😂😂😂

A few things then...

Zo & Mario

Wrong...

Advertisement
Back