Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

Advertisement
Rough math (and correctly if someone finds something more accurate)
Diaz buyout 6mil
Mario buyout 12mil
Mario salary per year 4.5mil

Right now it would cost 22.5 mil upfront with no staff

After 2022 season
Diaz 3mil
Mario 8mil
Mario salary 4.5mil

After next season cost is 15.5 upfront

Barring a complete **** show to finish the season, I think BOT makes next year make or break for Diaz. Mario buyout drops, Diaz buyout drops. Much more realistic to get Mario here but still pricey
Willie and his man purse cost FSU $55MM

#GlassHalfFull

Advertisement
Mario doesn’t need to say anything. In fact, there’s nothing to say. There is no job opening. Fans can WANT things to happen but that isn’t the situation right now.
Only if he/somebody wants the speculation game to continue.

Again, good for some, bad for others.

Make no mistake however, silence is taking a position.

Diaz buyout 6mil
Mario buyout 12mil

After 2022 season
Diaz 3mil
Mario 8mil
Mario salary 4.5mil

Barring a complete **** show to finish the season, I think BOT makes next year make or break for Diaz. Mario buyout drops, Diaz buyout drops. Much more realistic to get Mario here but still pricey
You do realize it has already been a ****show this season, only to get worse...............and waiting a whole other season with the current trajectory of this team, would be epically bad. So bad in fact I cannot think of anyone who would want to take on a rebuild of that proportion.

Advertisement
Are You Sure Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga
Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

Disagree.

Time will tell. I agree to disagree

Fans here view this job much more highly than BIG NAME coaches do.

Our inability to recognize true coaching talent works against us too ( Mullins & Patterson applications tossed out )

Want proof? Consider the recent pools of applicants and finalists for our HC position...Ensoll from UConn? Was a leader.

We were so lucky Richt fell into our laps after UGA fired him.

Advertisement
👆No idea if any of the above is true...let's say it is...👇

A few things then...
- As Super Mario allows this to go unaddressed, it raises eyebrows for all involved
-- For "he doesn't have to respond crowd", in situations like these with no response, like it or not it becomes a position in court of public opinion...believing anything else is something for amateurs or even less
- Longer Super Mario doesn't publically (or privately to Oregon) doesn't emphatically state "I'm staying in Eugene!", game of cat and mouse for his $$$$$ interests.... good for him
-- NOW, if quietly behind scenes Oregon/Super Mario are working an extension, when they announce, emphatic power move about commitment (I'm 🤢🤮 thinking this was somewhat done with Golden during Shapiro garabage and PedoU came sniffing around*)
- We have several connected here...enlighten us in print...or is the social wacko about "Public Bienemy #1 to Miami" scooping?

What kind of buzz/bomb happens when Oregon/USC/Miami makes super Mario a Top 3-5 salary HC with staff???

*is my memory off on that?
Why would Mario have to address is if manny is still the coach?

Advertisement
Diaz buyout 6mil
Mario buyout 12mil

After 2022 season
Diaz 3mil
Mario 8mil
Mario salary 4.5mil

This won't last another season. Manny will be gone as soon as we're eliminated from ACC contention.

And buyouts are negotiable. Mario's buyout drops on 1/14. If he's leaving then, you think Oregon wants to wait until then to hire a new coach? Remember their program is stuck in limbo as long as Mario is. They can't "move on" until he decides what he's doing..if he's actually leaving, they'll want him to leave asap so they can hire a new staff and regroup.

The sooner we fire Manny, the sooner Mario can agree to terms with Miami and then negotiate the buyout with Oregon.

Time will tell. I agree to disagree

Fans here view this job much more highly than BIG NAME coaches do.

Our inability to recognize true coaching talent works against us too ( Mullins & Patterson applications tossed out )

Want proof? Consider the recent pools of applicants and finalists for our HC position...Ensoll from UConn? Was a leader.

We were so lucky Richt fell into our laps after UGA fired him.
We recognized mullet as a coaching talent. They didn’t like him as a person. And Patterson idk. God this program would’ve been in business if that happened

Advertisement
Back