Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

Advertisement
Regardless of the initial cost. Getting Mario would instantly increase season ticket sales and donations much like it did when Richt showed up. Much like any business it takes investment capital to get the thing off the ground. Maybe one day Miami will see the football program as a business like Bama and Texas and all the other P5 schools do that consistently win.

Throw in all the merchandise sales that come with a positive HC change and I can't see how the investment isn't recouped if the team performs.

Advertisement
One of the few things that give us a chance is that we don't necessarily have to match USC or Oregon if we try to get him.

No state taxes. And believe me, California is just plain nuts with ALL of their taxes. Truck drivers fuel up on purpose in Arizona and Nevada specifically not to pay California fuel prices and taxes. I've done it many times, delivered to LA and came back across the lines to fuel up again.

STOP IT!! SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!
STOP DOING THIS TO YOURSELVES!!!
slap3.gif

Mario is NOT coming here!

Repeat, Mario is NOT coming here

That ship sailed long ago....So stop the BS and stop wasting your time thinking about it.

Leave a program with practically unlimited resources to come here and beg for $$$?

IF he misses S.FLA I'm sure he knows that flights to come here are very cheap ......so he and the Missus can come down to visit here anytime he wishes before he
goes back to work in Oregon

Last edited:
View attachment 155465

That ship sailed long ago....So stop the BS and stop wasting your time thinking about it.

Leave a program with practically unlimited resources to come here and beg for $$$?

IF he misses S.FLA I'm sure he knows that flights to come here are very cheap ......so he and the Missus can come down to visit here anytime he wishes before he

Disagree.

Advertisement
View attachment 155465

Another marker.

Somebody's 🔥take isn't going to age well.

Should we start a list of "but I was really right in light of being proven so very wrong"?

its the muppet way after all 👻👻👻👻

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rough math (and correctly if someone finds something more accurate)
Diaz buyout 6mil
Mario buyout 12mil
Mario salary per year 4.5mil

Right now it would cost 22.5 mil upfront with no staff

After 2022 season
Diaz 3mil
Mario 8mil
Mario salary 4.5mil

After next season cost is 15.5 upfront

Barring a complete **** show to finish the season, I think BOT makes next year make or break for Diaz. Mario buyout drops, Diaz buyout drops. Much more realistic to get Mario here but still pricey

Advertisement
Back