Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

Add the $4 mil paid to temple into what they’be paid manny, and you’re getting close.
The answer to your comments are easy. First off, for the amount of money UM pays, why would any big name coach want to come here to bring back a program that has expectations of ACC and National titles or bust? For 4M per year? Threment job)

Advertisement
Follow up Q - how do I get a job with bosses that don't mind if I squander $4m?

I'd be squandering it on hookers and blow for myself, rather than a buyout for a coach that was in your building the week before - but I mean it amounts to the same thing, right?

The financial mismanagement goes a lot further than that:

1. Panics and gives Al Golden a contract extension THROUGH 2020!!! once rumors start that Folden might look at Penn State

2. Signs Mark Richt to a contract in 2016. A couple seasons later, he gives him a raise and an extension through 2023 based on one average season and one good season. No one was trying to hire away Mark Richt. There was absolutely zero reason to give him a contract extension at that point. You don't know two years into his tenure if his success has to do with the Golden's players or how his recruiting will turn out, a lesson that should have been learned with Larry Coker. The end of year 3 would tell you what direction the program is headed. If he has another successful 2018, great give him a raise. If not, you have leverage to force changes or let him walk.

3. Pays Temple 4 million for Diaz and hires him 11 hours after Richt announces his retirement.

This is just football. Haven't even touched on baseball and basketball yet. How the BOT doesn't realize that Blake James has been an egregiously bad steward of the school's money is baffling.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For ***** & giggles I'll respond than. I'll say said billionaire in said hypothetical DOES exist. Is very vexxed right now with state of program... Same said billionaire was more than willing to take on same role before Mandy swooped in like a thief in the night. Lastly I spoke with him two weeks ago... We have his attention.
**** I wish I knew what Cane you are because if for some reason I hated you at Miami as a player I’d change my mind. That being said maybe I liked you as a player and you’d move up my Favorite Canes list

Imo they‘ll wait until he drops some Acc games , maybe a beat down by like. Uva or Unc. Let him at least get eliminated from the Coarstal. Like I said other day his hail marg attempt is going with a youth movement and hoping a miracle happens.
Can’t see how this doesn’t exacerbate divisions in the locker room. He’s already established favorites with seniority now he’s pulling the rug from underneath them? This doesn’t bode well.

Advertisement
**** I wish I knew what Cane you are because if for some reason I hated you at Miami as a player I’d change my mind. That being said maybe I liked you as a player and you’d move up my Favorite Canes list
I doubt you hated him. Brooklyn came during some dark times in the program. Only true Canes come during that era. Unless his name is Andy Crosland (which he’s not) you didn’t hate him.

Keep an eye out for Blake to try to save his own *** and firing manny, some straight up
wrasslin type baby face turn lol. Like he’s Mr bad cop now “ look guys I’m running this program , I have everything under control “.
Would be savage if they had Manny fire Blake and then we fire Manny 🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
Good ole Cross Bar
I’ve told this story a couple of times on here, but his dad used to sit in our section. I was probably 11-12 years old at this point, if I remember correctly, it was a game against VT and these guys were getting loud about him being terrible. His dad turned around and said something to the effect of quiet down, I’m his dad, and you don’t know whose family is sitting near you. The resident drunks of the section chased his dad clear out of the stadium and he never returned.

Follow up Q - how do I get a job with bosses that don't mind if I squander $4m?

I'd be squandering it on hookers and blow for myself, rather than a buyout for a coach that was in your building the week before - but I mean it amounts to the same thing, right?
Can I come? Please

Advertisement
I’ve told this story a couple of times on here, but his dad used to sit in our section. I was probably 11-12 years old at this point, if I remember correctly, it was a game against VT and these guys were getting loud about him being terrible. His dad turned around and said something to the effect of quiet down, I’m his dad, and you don’t know whose family is sitting near you. The resident drunks of the section chased his dad clear out of the stadium and he never returned.
That’s ****ed up but not surprising. I spoke to a close relative of him once and they didn’t like Miami fans. I couldn’t blame them. She didn’t know Andy infuriated me so many times, as well.

“Couldn’t have afforded Mario’s buyout”

I don’t believe you, you need more people!
My take on this is the university rather have boosters put up the money so they don't have to pay the buyouts. So they leak **** saying we can't afford it so then the people who actually care about the football program pull out their check books.

That’s ****ed up but not surprising. I spoke to a close relative of him once and they didn’t like Miami fans. I couldn’t blame them. She didn’t know Andy infuriated me so many times, as well.
Last I saw or hear about him, he was working at a real estate company under a guy who was on a reality tv show called Marrying Millions. He apparently is now the president of it, so it sounds like he is doing just fine. Maybe we should have been kinder and he would have contributed to buying out Mandy.

Advertisement
Back