Anonymous ACC coach slandering UM

The first part was pretty on point...then the coach starts rambling and missing the mark.

The D has been very solid under Manny (and at times great per the NCAA's statistics). The O was woeful (with limited exceptions last year). That was a mix of poor OL play (first half of the season), prior OC not doing anything to alleviate pressure on young OTs (TEs didn't stay in to help & too many long developing plays called etc).

I'm cautiously optimistic that both sides of the ball will perform this year and we'll have a much better run. If the players have put in the work to prep, we'll do well this year. That quote is overly negative. We have some great tools to work with (King, TEs, stud young RBs etc). We should light some other teams up and our D is fine.

No conditioning and a lot less reps means our execution may be off to start the season. But for the most part every other team in the nation will be in the same boat. I do absolutely agree with him though - this year will be a defining year for this coaching staff.

Advertisement
It’s not a coach that matters if it really is a coach. You think Dabo would stop to talk about non contender like this? If he’s a real coach he should worry about his own program

My thoughts as well. This is a coach of a team that is trying pass us in the division/conference. Dabo gives less than a **** about us right now. Cutcliffe or Fuente is my guess

Time will tell. Can’t get interested in what an off the record coach says preseason. And use paragraphs.

Every other program in the ACC benefits if Miami struggles. Of course opposing coaches are going to push this narrative of 30 years ago.

You aren’t reading quotes about teams being awesome and can’t be stopped and I’d go there if I were a recruit. Why? It doesn’t benefit them.

This is simply a case of poisoning the well. My guess it came from North Carolina or FSU because when a crime is committed, the first thing you do is look at who benefitted and in this case it would be primarily those two.

Advertisement
I wonder if this is the same ACC coach from a couple years ago that said Manny has the "smartest guy in the room" syndrome and that he gets too cute. (or something like that)

Cutcliffe....imma go with him again...he got a hard on for us..only other possibility..Fuente.

Every other program in the ACC benefits if Miami struggles. Of course opposing coaches are going to push this narrative of 30 years ago.

You aren’t reading quotes about teams being awesome and can’t be stopped and I’d go there if I were a recruit. Why? It doesn’t benefit them.

This is simply a case of poisoning the well. My guess it came from North Carolina or FSU because when a crime is committed, the first thing you do is look at who benefitted and in this case it would be primarily those two.
That's what I was thinking. Sounds exactly like a Mack Brown move.

He spoke nothing but truth!! BUT why are you talking about MIAMI if you are a coach in our conference.. Talk about what you and your team is doing, it's almost to me like IF he wishes he was coaching at Miami!!
Maybe the interviewer asked questions about Miami?

Athlon has done this every year for over a decade. Its nothing new they ask an opposing coach not necessarily the head coach but a staff member and it gets published for each team's right up, so Blake Baker could be the guy that gave the anonymous report for Louisville.

Advertisement
lol this quote was **** near every post on this board last season. But because someone else said it we fixin' to get irate. Only we can talk **** about us!

That's exactly how it should be, you can make fun of the family even criticize them but once an outsider gets involved is time to unite against them.

Advertisement

The Oracle of CIS speaks.

Advertisement
Quote from anonymous ACC coach. Article from Athlon.

“They really looked embarrassing at times last season. Losing to that Georgia Tech team is inexcusable…They’re still super talented on defense because they’re still Miami. I think Manny Diaz got caught trying to be too smart a few times. Like, with those athletes, why are you overthinking this thing? Just go play man coverage! Go let them loose….”

Interesting because unless this is Dabo this coaches Defense was below Miami's. So what's his excuse for his Defense? LOL

Interesting because unless this is Dabo this coaches Defense was below Miami's. So what's his excuse for his Defense? LOL

we can win with mannys defense in todays game. when manny stepped in early in season it improved. we have never seen his defense with an offense than can move the ball and give the offense good first position except maybe richt's first year. im not defending him but if licoln riley had his defense, he probably comes closer to a chip

Advertisement
Back