Anonymous ACC coach slandering UM

👆 Not slander, accuracy in reporting.

Infuriating for our Canes faithful this guy was right.

Now let's see if Lashlee (because Manuela is merely a figure head at this point), can produce for this season.
How can comments about 2020 be accuracy in reporting. Get your head out and support The U.

Advertisement
Quote from anonymous ACC coach. Article from Athlon.

“They really looked embarrassing at times last season. Losing to that Georgia Tech team is inexcusable…They’re still super talented on defense because they’re still Miami. I think Manny Diaz got caught trying to be too smart a few times. Like, with those athletes, why are you overthinking this thing? Just go play man coverage! Go let them loose…They looked so bad in the bowl game on offense. They gave up and didn’t care at all. You saw it on the tape. That’s a case of them not being as good as they think they are. The offensive line was embarrassing against Florida, and then they got worse because they didn’t scheme to help themselves. By the time they got to conference play, you kept thinking they’d change things up to bail out the line. They didn’t…D’Eriq King is a freak show player but he can’t be the sole threat. If Rhett Lashlee runs what he has at his previous places, they’re gonna get him killed without some help. They could be all over the portal again this summer…This program needs to get serious about itself. They’re out in recruiting talking about the swag and smoke like it wasn’t 30 years ago…I think you’re going to find out really fast if this regime is going to work out. They could end up a mess just like Florida State last season.”

Man the truth hurts

Oh that's right, I remember letting a guy named HORNIBROOK look like Dan fvckin' Marino.

That's your rebuttal? C'MON MANE!!! :monkey-serious:
That's even worse than letting them run the ball down our throat, at least Wisky is known for being good at that.
So what you're telling me is that we let them beat us doing something that they don't even do well? That's way worse than my original accusation.

Say what you will about Wisconsin but they develop and product excellent offensive lines. Clearly it is the strength of a program that has been pretty good under Chryst. That 2017 is the best Wisconsin team ever.

How did Hornibrook look last year as a Nole?

Say what you will about Wisconsin but they develop and product excellent offensive lines. Clearly it is the strength of a program that has been pretty good under Chryst. That 2017 is the best Wisconsin team ever.

How did Hornibrook look last year as a Nole?

You're right. That totally negates every thing I just said.
They should've beat us 2 years in a row.

Advertisement
Perhaps untuck yourself and read the man's comments about play last season.

Go Canes.

Let the Empirical One lead you from the darkness.

😀
Perhaps you remove head and realize that part was clear to all genius. Point is another shallow negative fan bashing on stuff he has no clue. As for you, go vote in Georgia

Perhaps you remove head and realize that part was clear to all genius. Point is another shallow negative fan bashing on stuff he has no clue. As for you, go vote in Georgia
Considering your comprehension, not exactly clear to all now was it?

Advertisement
Most of the early part of the quote is correct but it's hardly anything groundbreaking. ****, it sounds like regurgitated message board prattle. I mean, anyone who watched the team last year could tell you the offense was garbage and the defensive coordinator was over thinking too often. Where the whole quote goes off the rails is where he says the line got worse because "they didn't scheme to help themselves" but then follows it up with "if Rhett Lashlee runs what he has at previous places, they're gonna get him (King) killed". Wait, so they changed the entire scheme to take some pressure off the offensive line like you said first but doing that is going to get the QB killed? The last part just sounds like sour grapes. Like a coach who's ****ed that a 6-7 team was still able to sign far better players than his team.
Or garner WAY more attention from Athlons than their specific team. Either or as others have said some of it is the truth and was well documented on CIS along with other Canes fan sites. Sounds like a lil ****** whining to me regardless of the truth. Hopefully in their 2021 publication Athlons interviews the same coach again to see what his thoughts are after a much improved season.

Sounds like a Dabo quote to me but oh well. We have a long way to go to earn our national respect back. Hopefully the players see this and it motivates them more.
Amen. I hope for once Manny doesn’t overthink it but just puts the quote up on the weight room and lock room walls. Let the players see what the opposition thinks about their play, especially the last two years. Same goes for the **** coaches rooms, etc. they’re not off the hook either.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The first part was pretty on point...then the coach starts rambling and missing the mark.

The D has been very solid under Manny (and at times great per the NCAA's statistics). The O was woeful (with limited exceptions last year). That was a mix of poor OL play (first half of the season), prior OC not doing anything to alleviate pressure on young OTs (TEs didn't stay in to help & too many long developing plays called etc).

I'm cautiously optimistic that both sides of the ball will perform this year and we'll have a much better run. If the players have put in the work to prep, we'll do well this year. That quote is overly negative. We have some great tools to work with (King, TEs, stud young RBs etc). We should light some other teams up and our D is fine.
Exactly, my points Exactly

“They really looked embarrassing at times last season. Losing to that Georgia Tech team is inexcusable…They’re still super talented on defense because they’re still Miami. I think Manny Diaz got caught trying to be too smart a few times. Like, with those athletes, why are you overthinking this thing? Just go play man coverage! Go let them loose…They looked so bad in the bowl game on offense. They gave up and didn’t care at all. You saw it on the tape. That’s a case of them not being as good as they think they are. The offensive line was embarrassing against Florida, and then they got worse because they didn’t scheme to help themselves. By the time they got to conference play, you kept thinking they’d change things up to bail out the line. They didn’t…D’Eriq King is a freak show player but he can’t be the sole threat. If Rhett Lashlee runs what he has at his previous places, they’re gonna get him killed without some help. They could be all over the portal again this summer…This program needs to get serious about itself. They’re out in recruiting talking about the swag and smoke like it wasn’t 30 years ago…I think you’re going to find out really fast if this regime is going to work out. They could end up a mess just like Florida State last season.”
I'm just curious how that's slander if the dudes saying nothing but truth? Y'all wanna be blind to reality but that's on y'all. This program has been considered second tier. All that means is exactly what buddy said. That's been the point all along. With the athletes we have staff just really needs to stop making everything so complicated. Simple math

This coach has come to CIS a time or two
That anonymous coach could be several CIS bloggers. Truth hurts!

Advertisement
Back