Anonymous ACC coach slandering UM

WPB Cane

Redshirt Senior
Quote from anonymous ACC coach. Article from Athlon.

“They really looked embarrassing at times last season. Losing to that Georgia Tech team is inexcusable…They’re still super talented on defense because they’re still Miami. I think Manny Diaz got caught trying to be too smart a few times. Like, with those athletes, why are you overthinking this thing? Just go play man coverage! Go let them loose…They looked so bad in the bowl game on offense. They gave up and didn’t care at all. You saw it on the tape. That’s a case of them not being as good as they think they are. The offensive line was embarrassing against Florida, and then they got worse because they didn’t scheme to help themselves. By the time they got to conference play, you kept thinking they’d change things up to bail out the line. They didn’t…D’Eriq King is a freak show player but he can’t be the sole threat. If Rhett Lashlee runs what he has at his previous places, they’re gonna get him killed without some help. They could be all over the portal again this summer…This program needs to get serious about itself. They’re out in recruiting talking about the swag and smoke like it wasn’t 30 years ago…I think you’re going to find out really fast if this regime is going to work out. They could end up a mess just like Florida State last season.”

Advertisement

“They really looked embarrassing at times last season. Losing to that Georgia Tech team is inexcusable…They’re still super talented on defense because they’re still Miami. I think Manny Diaz got caught trying to be too smart a few times. Like, with those athletes, why are you overthinking this thing? Just go play man coverage! Go let them loose…They looked so bad in the bowl game on offense. They gave up and didn’t care at all. You saw it on the tape. That’s a case of them not being as good as they think they are. The offensive line was embarrassing against Florida, and then they got worse because they didn’t scheme to help themselves. By the time they got to conference play, you kept thinking they’d change things up to bail out the line. They didn’t…D’Eriq King is a freak show player but he can’t be the sole threat. If Rhett Lashlee runs what he has at his previous places, they’re gonna get him killed without some help. They could be all over the portal again this summer…This program needs to get serious about itself. They’re out in recruiting talking about the swag and smoke like it wasn’t 30 years ago…I think you’re going to find out really fast if this regime is going to work out. They could end up a mess just like Florida State last season.”

Soooo...Norvell is trying to change the subject?

Advertisement

👆 Not slander, accuracy in reporting.

Infuriating for our Canes faithful this guy was right.

Now let's see if Lashlee (because Manuela is merely a figure head at this point), can produce for this season.

Advertisement

I think I said this

Unless this is a Clemson coach he really needs to shut the **** up. 30 years? Last I checked the calendar we won a natty 19 years ago. Has anyone else in the ACC done that?

He a ***** for saying that anonymously

Advertisement

This is such an empty quote. Did we look like **** last season? NO ******* ****. The rest reads like a message board rambling that even contradicts itself - "just play man coverage......but you're not as good as you think you are." Yes, the conclusion is right: coming off a losing season where we got beaten by FIU and LaTech, we suck. Thanks for the analysis. I wish our coaches could really step their **** it up because, in the off-chance this is a real quote, it's another example that this conference seems to be packed full of idiots.

Advertisement
Well this is proof college football coaches aren’t always the brightest bulbs in the pack.

The OL gave up 9 sacks vs. UF 1st game, but after some changes absolutely got better by conference play. On road they gave up 4 sacks to UNC, but had almost 500 yards of offense vs. a very aggressive defensive scheme.

Pittsburgh was one of the best DL’s we played and we gave up 2-3 sacks on road to them.

the OL didn’t look absolutely atrocious again until Duke, and that’s when we lost like 3-4 starters and had to play players who shouldn’t have been playing.

Also this dullard sounds little scared at the Lashlee/ King combo saying Lashlee will need to change his scheme. Hey moron, the scheme he runs gets the ball out much quicker and is uptempo so to gas the DL so they aren’t as rested to rush the passer.

I disagree a bit on the OL THIS season. With a reasonable offensive system, the OL will look light years better. Part of the reason the OL looked so pathetic last year was Williams, and Enos. One schemed his O to expose our weaknesses, and the other was so fried I am surprised smoke alarms didn't go off when he walked past.

How much better would our tackles have looked if the TEs were asked to help, just a little, early on? Crap like that is 100% on the coaching staff. How many players are dumb enough to run the ball in a Hail Mary situation? How many sacks did Williams take when he could have thrown the ball away? Come on man, we might not be a well oiled machine early on, but we will not at any point be the dog crap on O we were last season. We would be better on O this season with TVD starting than we were last season with Williams. Now, imagine King in there making plays.

I can't disagree with much of anything else the guy said, though.

Well this is proof college football coaches aren’t always the brightest bulbs in the pack.

The OL gave up 9 sacks vs. UF 1st game, but after some changes absolutely got better by conference play. On road they gave up 4 sacks to UNC, but had almost 500 yards of offense vs. a very aggressive defensive scheme.

Pittsburgh was one of the best DL’s we played and we gave up 2-3 sacks on road to them.

the OL didn’t look absolutely atrocious again until Duke, and that’s when we lost like 3-4 starters and had to play players who shouldn’t have been playing.

Also this dullard sounds little scared at the Lashlee/ King combo saying Lashlee will need to change his scheme. Hey moron, the scheme he runs gets the ball out much quicker and is uptempo so to gas the DL so they aren’t as rested to rush the passer.
The line definitely looked better until the end. Something happened where it looked like the whole team gave up in November.

Advertisement
Back