Anonymous ACC coach slandering UM

Advertisement
It reads like the speaker is an older ACC coach. I am thinking it's Duke's coach or Pitt's coach. I highly doubt it's Norvell, how can he offer an opinion on teams he hasn't played. Let alone know that UM's pitching program legacy to recruits, it reads like a coach that has had to go head to head for SFL players. I could even see Dabo Sweney being the coach with the condescending remark about "that GaTech Team".

Go Canes

It reads like the speaker is an older ACC coach. I am thinking it's Duke's coach or Pitt's coach. I highly doubt it's Norvell, how can he offer an opinion on teams he hasn't played.

Go Canes
He coached directly against SMU when he was the coach at Memphis.

Also, if you go man all the time this day and age, you are really vulnerable to a running quarterback that gets out of the pocket. You're playing zone the dbs are looking that way. We were really young last year and replacing some vets, and there were a ton of coverage breakdowns. I don't know how many times I saw Bandy yelling and screaming after a touchdown. We should be way better with everyone having another year of experience.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This coach isnt wrong, our OL was pure garbage but the system was worse for their skill set. Williams was sacked with 3-4 man pressure more than Kaaya; guy literally took his sweet *** time back there.

Offensively, Lashlee's spread system will definitely help our OL and make those guys look better but we should still be worried as they looked THAT bad last year. King is a baller and I hope we give him enough help (with the new O installed, run game and the WR's and TE's). The receivers are all unproven but definitely talented, TE as usual is our proven strength, hope they stay healthy. Still too many question marks to say we are going to be good with Lashlee and King.

Defensively, we cannot be stunting or bringing a blitz from 30 yds out on a third down. We put pressure but leave the whole middle of the field open at times, gives me heart attacks. our DL should be playing N-S every **** down and displaying their dominance, they cannot be spying or covering a rb downfield (think Rousseau against UNC).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Quote from anonymous ACC coach. Article from Athlon.

“They really looked embarrassing at times last season. Losing to that Georgia Tech team is inexcusable…They’re still super talented on defense because they’re still Miami. I think Manny Diaz got caught trying to be too smart a few times. Like, with those athletes, why are you overthinking this thing? Just go play man coverage! Go let them loose…They looked so bad in the bowl game on offense. They gave up and didn’t care at all. You saw it on the tape. That’s a case of them not being as good as they think they are. The offensive line was embarrassing against Florida, and then they got worse because they didn’t scheme to help themselves. By the time they got to conference play, you kept thinking they’d change things up to bail out the line. They didn’t…D’Eriq King is a freak show player but he can’t be the sole threat. If Rhett Lashlee runs what he has at his previous places, they’re gonna get him killed without some help. They could be all over the portal again this summer…This program needs to get serious about itself. They’re out in recruiting talking about the swag and smoke like it wasn’t 30 years ago…I think you’re going to find out really fast if this regime is going to work out. They could end up a mess just like Florida State last season.”

Where's the slander?

Dabo has bigger fish to fry. There are countless coaches who could have said this. Our staff is a joke and clearly not respected by their peers. Don’t lose to FIU, Duke and LA Tech if our staff has issues with these quotes.
You forgot UCG lost to a team that is still "experimenting" with installing the forward pass.

Lashlee is Miami's de facto HC at this point. Manuela knows it, Baker is too clueless scheming to prevent 1st down conversions against an O facing 4th and 17.

Advertisement
Back