Anonymous ACC coach slandering UM

It's almost like a bunch of people in this thread enjoy that an anonymous coach said this so they could agree with it. Whoever the coach is made a bxtch move by not saying this with his chest and putting his name behind it.

Yall trash Manny for last season, which was deserved. He went out and did what neither of the past two coaches did, and changed the staff on the side of the ball that needed changing. For all the faults the defense had last season, it was top 25 in a ton of statistical categories. If the offense makes even a decent jump, the team will drastically improve.

Fxck that coach. I never knew Canes fans to be so concerned with what other people thought.

💯💯💯💯💯🖤🖤🖤✊🏿✊🏿🙌

Advertisement
He talked about how poorly we schemed last year, then says if Lashlee does the same as he did last year at SMU, our OL will suffer, and our QB might get hurt. That makes no sense, as Lashlee's O gets the ball out fast. Our OL play will look better, because we won't be seeing our QB turn his back to the line, taking 10 steps back. It's a completely different system.

Here's a number for you. 17. SMU gave up 17 sacks last year, ranking 14th in the country. We gave up 51, while throwing the ball 66 fewer times. So how the heck is what Lashlee did at SMU going to get a QB killed at Miami? I call BS.

Reading is not your strong suit Floyd Mayweather. He said If Rhett Lashlee runs what he has at his previous places, they’re gonna get him killed without some help. That means unless the oline produces its going to get King killed...not the OLine will suffer.

If you think Miami Oline is better than what they had at SMU you need to really stop posting.... Yes its a completely different system and the O should look a lot better than last.(can it really be any worse) Miami has finally decided to catch up and not running the 1990s type of O

The real question is will Manny let the defense play loose..??? Just let them boyz eat like butch did.. it's really a no brainer with the talent on defense.. they mess up it's pushups time..

The real question is will Manny let the defense play loose..??? Just let them boyz eat like butch did.. it's really a no brainer with the talent on defense.. they mess up it's pushups time..
Really? I'm still waiting for the defense to get pressure with a 4 man rush without having to resort to some exotic blitz. That's a problem Butch didn't have deal with. Also, Butch had LBs that could clean things up if the QB escaped pressure.

Advertisement
So people are agreeing that Lashlee will get King killed if he runs what he was running at SMU?

Last edited:
So people or a agreeing that Lashlee will get King killed if he runs what he was running at SMU?
The first part was pretty on point...then the coach starts rambling and missing the mark.

The D has been very solid under Manny (and at times great per the NCAA's statistics). The O was woeful (with limited exceptions last year). That was a mix of poor OL play (first half of the season), prior OC not doing anything to alleviate pressure on young OTs (TEs didn't stay in to help & too many long developing plays called etc).

I'm cautiously optimistic that both sides of the ball will perform this year and we'll have a much better run. If the players have put in the work to prep, we'll do well this year. That quote is overly negative. We have some great tools to work with (King, TEs, stud young RBs etc). We should light some other teams up and our D is fine.

Quote from anonymous ACC coach. Article from Athlon.

“They really looked embarrassing at times last season. Losing to that Georgia Tech team is inexcusable…They’re still super talented on defense because they’re still Miami. I think Manny Diaz got caught trying to be too smart a few times. Like, with those athletes, why are you overthinking this thing? Just go play man coverage! Go let them loose…They looked so bad in the bowl game on offense. They gave up and didn’t care at all. You saw it on the tape. That’s a case of them not being as good as they think they are. The offensive line was embarrassing against Florida, and then they got worse because they didn’t scheme to help themselves. By the time they got to conference play, you kept thinking they’d change things up to bail out the line. They didn’t…D’Eriq King is a freak show player but he can’t be the sole threat. If Rhett Lashlee runs what he has at his previous places, they’re gonna get him killed without some help. They could be all over the portal again this summer…This program needs to get serious about itself. They’re out in recruiting talking about the swag and smoke like it wasn’t 30 years ago…I think you’re going to find out really fast if this regime is going to work out. They could end up a mess just like Florida State last season.”
Sounds like this coach watched Miami play last year. Especially the first two sentences. Most of us fans said the same thing.

Reading is not your strong suit Floyd Mayweather. He said If Rhett Lashlee runs what he has at his previous places, they’re gonna get him killed without some help. That means unless the oline produces its going to get King killed...not the OLine will suffer.

If you think Miami Oline is better than what they had at SMU you need to really stop posting.... Yes its a completely different system and the O should look a lot better than last.(can it really be any worse) Miami has finally decided to catch up and not running the 1990s type of O
The REASON the OL looked bad, a big reason, was because we schemed to our weaknesses last year. That and inexperience. I guarantee you had we played in a system that didn't ask blockers to hold blocks so long, without any help from the TEs, we'd have looked better last year, even with the inexperience. The OL will be just fine. What wasn't fine is having a fog brained QB playing behind an inexperienced line, being asked to do the impossible. Pretty sure that won't be an issue this year.

SMU's line isn't more talented than ours. Experienced, and in a better system, sure. You'll see. One more point. Lashlee and SMU's line didn't have King at QB.

Advertisement
Really? I'm still waiting for the defense to get pressure with a 4 man rush without having to resort to some exotic blitz. That's a problem Butch didn't have deal with. Also, Butch had LBs that could clean things up if the QB escaped pressure.

That's the thing Butch didn't have the defense overthinking or made it complicated.. he instilled his philosophy and once the team bought into it was over for opposing offenses..🙌🙌👀... could Manny do the same I'm optimistic about it...

Advertisement
Bunch of pussies hiding in anonymity. I won't even bother acknowledging them. I love the fact I can care less what anyone says. Words are worthless....

Most of the early part of the quote is correct but it's hardly anything groundbreaking. ****, it sounds like regurgitated message board prattle. I mean, anyone who watched the team last year could tell you the offense was garbage and the defensive coordinator was over thinking too often. Where the whole quote goes off the rails is where he says the line got worse because "they didn't scheme to help themselves" but then follows it up with "if Rhett Lashlee runs what he has at previous places, they're gonna get him (King) killed". Wait, so they changed the entire scheme to take some pressure off the offensive line like you said first but doing that is going to get the QB killed? The last part just sounds like sour grapes. Like a coach who's ****ed that a 6-7 team was still able to sign far better players than his team.

Exactly.

I also think the focus on Miami's traditions and culture (smoke, swag) is the typical negative-recruiting that other coaches try to use against us. Are we supposed to act like it never happened? Abandon it? Not explain that we are trying to get back to that level of accomplishment and domination? Honestly, at what other university is it a requirement to ignore all of your past accomplishments and traditions? Does Saban act like Bear Bryant never existed (and, yes, I realize he has accomplishments of his own too)?

Finally, the person who said this:

"They could be all over the portal again this summer"

obviously has no idea of our IC situation.

Advertisement
There was also an anonymous coach who blasted Manny one year. Immediately after that we Ended up leading the nation and havoc rate and tackles for loss and QB disruptions and some other stats. So I hope there’s more of it. I hope there’s a ton of criticism and saying we’re gimmick and saying that Manny doesn't know what he’s doing.

The first part was pretty on point...then the coach starts rambling and missing the mark.

The D has been very solid under Manny (and at times great per the NCAA's statistics). The O was woeful (with limited exceptions last year). That was a mix of poor OL play (first half of the season), prior OC not doing anything to alleviate pressure on young OTs (TEs didn't stay in to help & too many long developing plays called etc).

I'm cautiously optimistic that both sides of the ball will perform this year and we'll have a much better run. If the players have put in the work to prep, we'll do well this year. That quote is overly negative. We have some great tools to work with (King, TEs, stud young RBs etc). We should light some other teams up and our D is fine.

OK maybe I’m missing something. Rhett had a quarterback at SMU that was not nearly as athletic as King - and he didn’t get him killed. So I don’t understand his rationale behind that statement. How would Rhett’s system get King killed - the guy who has returned kicks for TDs?

Exactly.

I also think the focus on Miami's traditions and culture (smoke, swag) is the typical negative-recruiting that other coaches try to use against us. Are we supposed to act like it never happened? Abandon it? Not explain that we are trying to get back to that level of accomplishment and domination? Honestly, at what other university is it a requirement to ignore all of your past accomplishments and traditions? Does Saban act like Bear Bryant never existed (and, yes, I realize he has accomplishments of his own too)?

Finally, the person who said this:

"They could be all over the portal again this summer"

obviously has no idea of our IC situation.

Exactly. Do you think Alabama doesn't include it's "claimed" national titles from 50+ years ago in their sales pitch? Or that Notre Dame has removed all relics of their former glory from their recruiting offices and athletic facilities? When other programs mention stuff from 30, 50, 100 years ago it's "tradition" but when Miami mentions it, it's a negative?

Advertisement
Back