Announcing Today

Advertisement
Kyle.. to be honest, I do think integrity or lack there of applies to our kids too. The system breeds the behavior. These kids don't have it and probably never will. I'll spare the rest my thoughts on this system.

Advertisement
So the timing of a kid making a decision determines his character? Do you think Walter Tucker has low character since he switched from Clemson to Miami after he signed his LOI?

Do you want Gus Edwards to kick rocks too? You are the guys that were going CRAZY over Jawand blue flipping to UM from VT. You grown men attacking Scarlett have no real sense of ethics and just continue to hold the kids to a double standard behind a computer clear from scruity.

The examples used did not have the recruit ***** the team the final weekend of the recruiting season with now the non-contact period is in place. Bottom line is Scarlett screwed UM.

The guy can kick rocks.

U
No one would be questioning his character if he sticked to UM. He committed to fau because Roger Harriot, who is like a father to him, became the rb coach.

Kyle a committment is your word. Your personal gurantee. Your Integrity. If he stuck with UM, he would have backed his "committment" so why question it then?

Coming from a military family, this means something to me...

Do you question the character of Anthony Moten, Joseph Yearby, and Artie Burns who didn't honor their "commitment" to other schools and signed with UM.

What about the character of Brad Kaaya and Chad Thomas when they took visits while being committed to UM?

How about the character of every college football staff in America when a kid commits to them but then they drop him because of a bad season or because a better prospect wants in?

And if he would have stuck with his commitment he still would not have honored his commitment to FAU.

Due to the nature of recruiting, kids have to commit early to secure a spot. And coaches can still drop them. It's a two way street and I'm less inclined to put the blame on an 18 year old for switching what school he wants to attend. Coaches put pressure and force the kids to commit early before their senior year even starts. If he wants to make a change so be it. It's worked out in UM's favor plenty of times. Regular students sometimes pay two enrollment fees. Or tell school administrators they are going to a school then decide to switch.

It's about the timing not the commitment. Showing up wearing Canes gear last week and decommiting a couple days before signing day is the problem. Did he just realize UF's depth chart is favorable to him or that AG is a bad coach?

Relax psycho, I didn't attack Scarlett personally about anything. And way to add zero context to your "point". Scarlett is an STA kid who has strong relationships on the staff, hewas on campus last week decked out in Canes gear according to reports and he's already decommitted once before. So my question is why the **** commit or lead anyone on in the process. Al and staff have been a joke for a long time so I'm not buying that he had some epiphany that he shouldn't be here 5 days before NSD. So what is it?

I always thought Gus and was open and that Tucker was a late add form everything that I've read. I never liked what Blue did at all. I get decommitting but not this late.

And yes I do think it's a red flag when someone decommits like this in the same way I've seen employees back out of jobs, military commitments or anything else. If you don't think that says something about the character of someone I can't help you. Now let me make this clear for the angry ph@qqots that won't allow anyone to disagree with them, AG sucks and should be fired but Scarlett is wrong IMO.

Last edited:
So the timing of a kid making a decision determines his character? Do you think Walter Tucker has low character since he switched from Clemson to Miami after he signed his LOI?

Do you want Gus Edwards to kick rocks too? You are the guys that were going CRAZY over Jawand blue flipping to UM from VT. You grown men attacking Scarlett have no real sense of ethics and just continue to hold the kids to a double standard behind a computer clear from scruity.

The examples used did not have the recruit ***** the team the final weekend of the recruiting season with now the non-contact period is in place. Bottom line is Scarlett screwed UM.

The guy can kick rocks.

U
Kyle a committment is your word. Your personal gurantee. Your Integrity. If he stuck with UM, he would have backed his "committment" so why question it then?

Do you question the character of Anthony Moten, Joseph Yearby, and Artie Burns who didn't honor their "commitment" to other schools and signed with UM.

What about the character of Brad Kaaya and Chad Thomas when they took visits while being committed to UM?

How about the character of every college football staff in America when a kid commits to them but then they drop him because of a bad season or because a better prospect wants in?

And if he would have stuck with his commitment he still would not have honored his commitment to FAU.

Due to the nature of recruiting, kids have to commit early to secure a spot. And coaches can still drop them. It's a two way street and I'm less inclined to put the blame on an 18 year old for switching what school he wants to attend. Coaches put pressure and force the kids to commit early before their senior year even starts. If he wants to make a change so be it. It's worked out in UM's favor plenty of times. Regular students sometimes pay two enrollment fees. Or tell school administrators they are going to a school then decide to switch.

It's about the timing not the commitment. Showing up wearing Canes gear last week and decommiting a couple days before signing day is the problem. Did he just realize UF's depth chart is favorable to him or that AG is a bad coach?

Relax psycho, I didn't attack Scarlett personally about anything. And way to add zero context to your "point". Scarlett is an STA kid who has strong relationships on the staff, hewas on campus last week decked out in Canes gear according to reports and he's already decommitted once before. So my question is why the **** commit or lead anyone on in the process. Al and staff have been a joke for a long time so I'm not buying that he had some epiphany that he shouldn't be here 5 days before NSD. So what is it?

I always thought Gus and was open and that Tucker was a late add form everything that I've read. I never liked what Blue did at all. I get decommitting but not this late.

And yes I do think it's a red flag when someone decommits like this in the same way I've seen employees back out of jobs, military commitments or anything else. If you don't think that says something about the character of someone I can't help you. Now let me make this clear for the angry ph@qqots that won't allow anyone to disagree with hem, AG suck and should be fired but Scarlett is wrong IMO.

hes not really an STA kid btw. he's more U School than STA

Blame the cloud for recruiting failures.
Then blame the fans.
Now blame the "low-character kids."

Everyone's fault but Al's.

Then blame the fans.

Here we go. Do you really think there is 1 fan on this board of AG? If there is, I haven't seen em. But that doesn't mean all roads lead to AG. He's an inept coach who hasn't learned a ******* thing since he's been here and needs to go now but what does that have to do with Scarlett's timing? You don't think he's heard this since day 1 about AG? He played at U school last year with a team full of haters and he was one himself.

Advertisement
Why don't the top programs with excellent, stable HCs have problems with these purportedly low-character kids? And why was there no talk of Scarlett's character until after he decommitted from UM?

Then blame the fans.

Here we go. Do you really think there is 1 fan on this board of AG? If there is, I haven't seen em. But that doesn't mean all roads lead to AG. He's an inept coach who hasn't learned a ******* thing since he's been here and needs to go now but what does that have to do with Scarlett's timing? You don't think he's heard this since day 1 about AG? He played at U school last year with a team full of haters and he was one himself.

He's the head coach. So yes, all roads lead to the guy who's in charge of our football program. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

Come on guys. Scarlett is a doo doo face who didn't honor his commitment. It's not like he did the same thing to FAU...

Advertisement
I ain't mad if he follows his girl to UF. Kids make the choices all the time. It's either playing with teammates or following a girl. He could've been torn this whole time and decided he needed to go with her. He could've been totally upfront on that situation with our staff. This angle leaked out a while ago so people knew. It sucks because Al dissed some other kids hoping he could convince Scarlett to stick. It didn't work out and here we are. If he kept all of the RB's that would've guaranteed losing Scarlett. Al went all on on him and lost. Would we be ****ed if Al kept The others and pushed Scarlett out? I think so. Al's problem is that he keeps losing or choosing the wrong side. I highly doubt Jordan planned this all along. Things change... Life happens. This doesn't excuse Al for focusing on the wrong recruits from Florida. He seems to have a poor grasp on which guys he can get to miami.

I ain't mad if he follows his girl to UF. Kids make the choices all the time. It's either playing with teammates or following a girl. He could've been torn this whole time and decided he needed to go with her. He could've been totally upfront on that situation with our staff. This angle leaked out a while ago so people knew. It sucks because Al dissed some other kids hoping he could convince Scarlett to stick. It didn't work out and here we are. If he kept all of the RB's that would've guaranteed losing Scarlett. Al went all on on him and lost. Would we be ****ed if Al kept The others and pushed Scarlett out? I think so. Al's problem is that he keeps losing or choosing the wrong side. I highly doubt Jordan planned this all along. Things change... Life happens. This doesn't excuse Al for focusing on the wrong recruits from Florida. He seems to have a poor grasp on which guys he can get to miami.
This is sarcasm right? You don't really believe that do you?

Advertisement

The guy can kick rocks.

U

And yes I do think it's a red flag when someone decommits like this in the same way I've seen employees back out of jobs, military commitments or anything else. If you don't think that says something about the character of someone I can't help you. Now let me make this clear for the angry ph@qqots that won't allow anyone to disagree with them, AG sucks and should be fired but Scarlett is wrong IMO.

Not trying to come off as psycho and I didn't believe I did especially since the majority of posters agreed with my post but here is my response

1. You werent the only person quoted. But how do you feel about Shelderick Redwine if he flips from lousiville to miami on NSD. (Although unlikely)

2. Since you believed Gus was open that means he's allowed to flip late but since you believed scarlett was a firm commitment his character is somehow lower? The staff did not think of scarlett as a firm commitment for over a month now. Why does it matter if Tucker was a late add? He signed to clemson and got out of the commitment and went to UM.

3. When a college football coach leaves for a better job, while he under a contract aka a commitment, because there is an opening which he feels suits him better does that make him a person of a lower moral standing? Moreover, if you feel this way, why were you not bashing the character of Al golden when he got out of his contractual commitment and took a better job? His timing was pretty close to signing day and hampered Temples recruiting efforts similiar to Jordan Scarlett. When scarlett committed we were coming off a 9-3 season. When the season ended FSU didn't have a spot for him and UF hadn't put its new staff in place. A month later, fsu now has a spot for him and uf has a new staff and is selling hope.

4. Why does the school scarlett went to or his relationship with the staff matter in judgement of his character? All we are judging is whether his decision to leave was fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scarlett de-committed during his FSU visit so I think he goes there; although he would play more at Florida and right away. Either way he will not be coming to Miami. Just hope he doesn't throw the Cane lid on the ground when he announces. The staff did everything they could to get him he just decided to go another direction.

They COULD have won 6 more games!!!! Bet that would have helped a lot more than nay last minute kissy face.

He was committed to FAU.. Can't be too shocked about his character after he committed to a school as a joke

No one would be questioning his character if he sticked to UM. He committed to fau because Roger Harriot, who is like a father to him, became the rb coach.

I am not going to denigrate a kid for changing his mind (even though it was clear that Scarlett "committed" to UM to hold a spot just in case he didn't receive an offer from FSU) until the schools and coaches start honoring their commitments to players and institutions.

These kids change their minds all the time, i dont fault them for it because they are still kids, kids flip all the time its part of recruiting, some kids make a decision they think is right at the time and they take other visits and see that they those are better options, every kid has their preferences

Advertisement
Back