Announcing Today

Advertisement
Kyle is killing people in this thread and it's hysterical how some are trying any angle to stick with their initial stupidity.

The examples used did not have the recruit ***** the team the final weekend of the recruiting season with now the non-contact period is in place. Bottom line is Scarlett screwed UM.

The guy can kick rocks.

He was committed to FAU.. Can't be too shocked about his character after he committed to a school as a joke

No one would be questioning his character if he sticked to UM. He committed to fau because Roger Harriot, who is like a father to him, became the rb coach.

Kyle a committment is your word. Your personal gurantee. Your Integrity. If he stuck with UM, he would have backed his "committment" so why question it then?

Coming from a military family, this means something to me...

Do you question the character of Anthony Moten, Joseph Yearby, and Artie Burns who didn't honor their "commitment" to other schools and signed with UM.

What about the character of Brad Kaaya and Chad Thomas when they took visits while being committed to UM?

How about the character of every college football staff in America when a kid commits to them but then they drop him because of a bad season or because a better prospect wants in?

And if he would have stuck with his commitment he still would not have honored his commitment to FAU.

Due to the nature of recruiting, kids have to commit early to secure a spot. And coaches can still drop them. It's a two way street and I'm less inclined to put the blame on an 18 year old for switching what school he wants to attend. Coaches put pressure and force the kids to commit early before their senior year even starts. If he wants to make a change so be it. It's worked out in UM's favor plenty of times. Regular students sometimes pay two enrollment fees. Or tell school administrators they are going to a school then decide to switch.

He told the miami staff his intentions a while ago.

He did't leave UM hanging or ***** them over and in fact gave them time to find a replacement.

if a coach is going to lose a recruit scarlet did it the way most coaches would prefer it done --- in person and with plenty notice.

you were wishing the kid to get injured so shut up with the character and integrity talk you scumbag.

Last edited:
These types of scenarios make me realize that our Class of 2016 means nothing until players sign a commitment!

How many 2016 commits will be part of signing day next year?

Do kids use Miami for leverage?

These types of scenarios make me realize that our Class of 2016 means nothing until players sign a commitment!

How many 2016 commits will be part of signing day next year?

Do kids use Miami for leverage?
I don't think we are being used for leverage at all. Most of the studs we have commitments from already had offers from most of the big schools anyway. I think these kids truly love the U but as the process unfolds they are not only being educated about their decisions but they are getting confirmation on the negative recruiting they are receiving from other programs. Al the while everything Al is selling is realized as complete BS the further we go into the season, so come December and January the Sharks are circling and its a wrap.

Do you realize how easy it is for like Saban, Jimbo, and Urban to convince a kid that Miami isn't where they should go? Sure we are still NFL U but its not like these kids don't put their fair share of kids into the league. Yeah the kids wanna get to the league but they still wanna win in college and these other schools offer both right now and will till we get the right HC in place. The problem for us now is that Al is out of excuses,nobody believes him anymore. Our vaunted 2016 class will be dead in the water if he isn't fired, plain and simple. The difference I said is that they just don't believe in Al's BS anymore. The 2016 class will be stripped and pillaged by July, just watch. These kids want to go to Miami but they need a reason to go, anything.

Advertisement
If we get Dexter and Walton I'll be ok with Scarlett's decision but **** what a fckboy move

Don't count money that is not your hand I don't believe We get William I believe we lost 3 out 4 rbs with this ignorant staff. IDo we didn't hace ice Walton would be gone too

Advertisement
If we get Dexter and Walton I'll be ok with Scarlett's decision but **** what a fckboy move

Don't count money that is not your hand I don't believe We get William I believe we lost 3 out 4 rbs with this ignorant staff. IDo we didn't hace ice Walton would be gone too

If* but yea this staff especially the head man in charge has made a big sht sandwich with this recruiting cycle

Anyone who's followed recruiting saw the writing on the wall with Scarlett.

It's this staff's fault for allowing him to play them.

Venture over to the WEZ where the entire board has had Scarlett off the board for months now.

Venture over to the WEZ where the entire board has had Scarlett off the board for months now.

No surprise Scarlett can play a **** like Golden but how could Ice not see this coming weeks ago is baffling considering he would be the guy coaching him here.

Advertisement

No surprise Scarlett can play a **** like Golden but how could Ice not see this coming weeks ago is baffling considering he would be the guy coaching him here.

Who's to say Ice didn't see this coming or wasn't aware of it? He can't comment on recruits and unless you're on the staff or close to Scarlett, everything is unsubstantiated conjecture.

Who's to say Ice didn't see this coming or wasn't aware of it? He can't comment on recruits and unless you're on the staff or close to Scarlett, everything is unsubstantiated conjecture.

If Ice saw it,wouldn't he have told Golden before the mess with Dexter.

Advertisement
Yes, so I can have something to remember when I'm even remotely tempted to buy season tickets in August.

Advertisement
Back