Anez Cooper (#55 RT)

Advertisement
Advertisement
They even had him at RG on the last drive & he looked like a natural pulling. All of a sudden, with him at RT & a potential 1st rounder in Nelson at LT, Rivers at LG & Clark at C, we have a pretty **** strong OL coached by a couple of the best. Cooper's emergence is an absolute game changer.
He straight up told Mario the position he wants to play in college is RG. He really likes pulling and crushing, apparently.

Yeah **** the RS. Play the kid as much as you need to if you think he’s ready. We’re in no position to be having talented guys wait in the wings. Wesley, Cooper, & Skinner should play & play alot. You seen the flashes game #1.
Not ot mention with Francis and potentially 1-2 other tackles coming next year, what is the point of redshirting Cooper (or McCoy) and putting them in the same class. Cooper and McCoy need to put some good work on tape this year to solidify their spots.

Anyone answer this? Because I got you if not.
1662509623100.gif

Advertisement
Yeah **** the RS. Play the kid as much as you need to if you think he’s ready. We’re in no position to be having talented guys wait in the wings. Wesley, Cooper, & Skinner should play & play alot. You seen the flashes game #1.
I’d add Kelly to that group. Most of the other freshmen either aren’t ready or don’t need to play much (other than spot duty or special teams) yet.

He straight up told Mario the position he wants to play in college is RG. He really likes pulling and crushing, apparently.
mentioned elsewhere that’s where I like him, too. Forget just pulling. When he combo blocked and scooted to the second level, he looked like 2 linemen combined into one rolling downhill. Really great to watch.

Nope, and you were the exact person I was thinking of lol
Here are some random stats on Miami from an EPA perspective after I've had some time to connect to the API.

From an overall Per Play perspective on offense, Miami is currently at .732 points per play. This is 3rd in the nation (Air Force, Georgia).

- Per rush Miami is at .689 points per play. This is 4th in the country (Kansas, Air Force, LSU)

- Per pass, Miami is at .804 points per play. This is 9th in the country (SMU is 8th)

From an overall Per Play perspective on defense, Miami is currently at -.027 points per play. This is 33rd in the nation.

- Per rush Miami is at -.203 points per play. This is 11th in the country (Alabama is 10th)

- Per pass Miami is at .130 points per play. This is 49th in the country (Not great, Bob).

Individual player metrics:

Tyler Van Dyke- .765 points per play overall (16th among QB's with a minimum of 15 plays)

Jake Garcia- .894 points per play (11th among QB's with a minimum of 7 plays)

RB's:

Henry Parrish- .991 PPP Overall (4th among RB's regardless of plays), 1.083 per rush, .589 per pass.

Thad Franklin- .820 Overall (13th among all RB's), .820 per rush, No Pass Plays

Devon Perry- .065 Overall (266th among all RB's)

WR's:

Xavier Restrepo- 1.79 Overall (48th among all WR's)

Michael Redding- 1.40 Overall (98th among all WR's)

Romello Brinson- .831 Overall (only the one play)

Frank Ladson- .742 Overall (230th among all WR's)

Brashard Smith- .718 Overall (236th among all WR's)

TE's:

Jaleel Skinner- 1.09 Overall (just the one play)

Elijah Arroyo- .845 Overall (one play)

Kahlil Brantley- .774 Overall (one play)

Will Mallory- .169 Overall (not great, Bob)

Advertisement
Here are some random stats on Miami from an EPA perspective after I've had some time to connect to the API.

From an overall Per Play perspective on offense, Miami is currently at .732 points per play. This is 3rd in the nation (Air Force, Georgia).

- Per rush Miami is at .689 points per play. This is 4th in the country (Kansas, Air Force, LSU)

- Per pass, Miami is at .804 points per play. This is 9th in the country (SMU is 8th)

From an overall Per Play perspective on defense, Miami is currently at -.027 points per play. This is 33rd in the nation.

- Per rush Miami is at -.203 points per play. This is 11th in the country (Alabama is 10th)

- Per pass Miami is at .130 points per play. This is 49th in the country (Not great, Bob).

Individual player metrics:

Tyler Van Dyke- .765 points per play overall (16th among QB's with a minimum of 15 plays)

Jake Garcia- .894 points per play (11th among QB's with a minimum of 7 plays)

RB's:

Henry Parrish- .991 PPP Overall (4th among RB's regardless of plays), 1.083 per rush, .589 per pass.

Thad Franklin- .820 Overall (13th among all RB's), .820 per rush, No Pass Plays

Devon Perry- .065 Overall (266th among all RB's)

WR's:

Xavier Restrepo- 1.79 Overall (48th among all WR's)

Michael Redding- 1.40 Overall (98th among all WR's)

Romello Brinson- .831 Overall (only the one play)

Frank Ladson- .742 Overall (230th among all WR's)

Brashard Smith- .718 Overall (236th among all WR's)

TE's:

Jaleel Skinner- 1.09 Overall (just the one play)

Elijah Arroyo- .845 Overall (one play)

Kahlil Brantley- .774 Overall (one play)

Will Mallory- .169 Overall (not great, Bob)
We a running team love it, when we get the wrs the elite guys they will fest cause of that run game. You wouldn’t even need elite we play at that point

@IndayArtHauz if you wanted it by game results for just Miami, the highest games on offense overall in the last five years prior to this one:

Miami vs. Bethune-Cookman 2022- .732

Miami vs. Florida A & M 2016- .639

Miami vs. Toledo 2017- .531

Miami vs. Louisville 2019- .499

Miami vs. Savannah State 2018- .469

Miami vs. Bethune-Cookman 2019- .467

Miami vs. Florida State 2020- .463

Miami vs. Bethune-Cookman 2017- .439

Miami vs. Virginia Tech 2021- .410

Yeah, the offense was impressive.

Just to finish off my data dump, here are the games for defense from 2019-2022. Apparently we were very good defensively in 2018:

Miami vs. Bethune-Cookman 2019- -.116

Miami vs. Duke 2020- -.106

Miami vs. Central Michigan 2019- -.106

Miami vs. Duke 2021- -.092

Miami vs. Florida State 2019- -.048

Miami vs. Bethune-Cookman 2022- -.027

Advertisement
@IndayArtHauz if you wanted it by game results for just Miami, the highest games on offense overall in the last five years prior to this one:

Miami vs. Bethune-Cookman 2022- .732

Miami vs. Florida A & M 2016- .639

Miami vs. Toledo 2017- .531

Miami vs. Louisville 2019- .499

Miami vs. Savannah State 2018- .469

Miami vs. Bethune-Cookman 2019- .467

Miami vs. Florida State 2020- .463

Miami vs. Bethune-Cookman 2017- .439

Miami vs. Virginia Tech 2021- .410

Yeah, the offense was impressive.
Incredible work all around, Lance!

A full tenth of a point better than our next closest game over the last five years, including games against lesser versions of the exact same school.

I'm not looking for evidence that we're Mike Tyson while we're fighting against a kid, I just wanted a metric for how dominant we really were. In the first game under this staff the O performed more efficiently than any game in the last 5 years. That's no small feat, and something to build on.

Thank you!

Incredible work all around, Lance!

A full tenth of a point better than our next closest game over the last five years, including games against lesser versions of the exact same school.

I'm not looking for evidence that we're Mike Tyson while we're fighting against a kid, I just wanted a metric for how dominant we really were. In the first game under this staff the O performed more efficiently than any game in the last 5 years. That's no small feat, and something to build on.

Thank you!
Yeah, I probably shot my wad on an article I could've pumped out. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
Back