Anez Cooper (#55 RT)

Advertisement
Just to finish off my data dump, here are the games for defense from 2019-2022. Apparently we were very good defensively in 2018:

Miami vs. Bethune-Cookman 2019- -.116

Miami vs. Duke 2020- -.106

Miami vs. Central Michigan 2019- -.106

Miami vs. Duke 2021- -.092

Miami vs. Florida State 2019- -.048

Miami vs. Bethune-Cookman 2022- -.027
So If reading correctly defensively we’re worse

Hopefully Cooper keeps working. Cause donaldons best year was his freshman year.

From what I've read, he was at 400 pounds at one point in high school. He looks to me to be mid-300s now. So if he has proven he can drop 40+ pounds without a dedicated S&C coach like Feld working with him, then I have high confidence he'll add strength while at the same time dropping those last 20 pounds needed to get his body right. I'd worry if our OL were being run by Butch Barry or Searels. I have minimal concern with Mirabal and Cristobal.

Advertisement
It’s fascinating how someone like Cooper flies under the radar. I don’t know a thing about Alabama high school football but it seems like he comes from a big time program and his coaches were screaming to get programs to look at him. There’s a workout video of Cooper from last January where his movement is amazing.

They also make references to some colleges not having the decency to let kids know where they stand. And how there are “not many coaches left like him.He’s been the same since I first meet him with @coach_smith67 almost 10yrs ago at Shades Valley” in reference to Mario.

It’s fascinating how someone like Cooper flies under the radar. I don’t know a thing about Alabama high school football but it seems like he comes from a big time program and his coaches were screaming to get programs to look at him. There’s a workout video of Cooper from last January where his movement is amazing.

They also make references to some colleges not having the decency to let kids know where they stand. And how there are “not many coaches left like him.He’s been the same since I first meet him with @coach_smith67 almost 10yrs ago at Shades Valley” in reference to Mario.
There are just too many H.S. players across the country for the rankings "experts" to see/judge everyone. Because of that, there will always be under the radar guys that end up really good.

Of course you're better off on average getting the top ranked players. I'd love to get a dozen guys who are all consensus top 100 players. Heck, make that the entire class. But good talent evaluators will find the diamonds (and obviously Cristobal and Mirabal are great evaluators of OL).

Advertisement
It was hilarious when he came in and Mark Herzlich the ACC network announcer said “there’s a very large human being who’s lined up at tight end ……he’s moving people (laughing) look at him.

I have to say it’s mesmerizing watching him manhandle people.

It was hilarious when he came in and Mark Herzlich the ACC network announcer said “there’s a very large human being who’s lined up at tight end ……he’s moving people (laughing) look at him.

But why couldn’t he wear his 55

Advertisement

That's wild he only been on campus a few months too just wait until his 2nd and 3rd year gonna be a legit monster

I was at the game in the upper stands, trying to figure out who 37 was, the roster had 37 being a 5'10" walk-on lb. and the guy wearing 37 was like 350, I finally figured it was him!. Great blocker, when he is at TE, we are calling for a run play, but so what, sometimes you just have to say I'm coming with all I got and get the first down.

Advertisement
Was the goal of bringing Cooper out to use in future packages or just to force ATM defense to spend valuable practice time adjusting to formations that the offense may or may not use?

Was the goal of bringing Cooper out to use in future packages or just to force ATM defense to spend valuable practice time adjusting to formations that the offense may or may not use?
Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

Advertisement
Back