Anez Cooper (#55 RT)

OL was night and day. So happy we have trench-focused leadership.

J Campbell quietly played a nice game. Got to see it against Top P5 teams before I'll fully buy in though.
Cooper needs to lose another 25 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I agree he could be special. Just too much Donaldson in him right now.

Advertisement
Anez looks like he’s going to be special but I still would save his redshirt. No point putting him in games now imo. Just save him in case someone gets injured or for the last 3 games of the year. He could use the time in conditioning and getting his body right.

Anez looks like he’s going to be special but I still would save his redshirt. No point putting him in games now imo. Just save him in case someone gets injured or for the last 3 games of the year. He could use the time in conditioning and getting his body right.
Love the 4 game rule. Maybe he will play vs Southern Miss, Middle Tennessee State and maybe Duke?

Advertisement
I use to think this way so I understand this logic... but if he's good he's only going to be here 3yrs regardless.

Will have much more thoughts later, but it was fun watching #55 completely remove bodies at RT and RG. In the stands, it seemed like he paved the way for every big run in the fourth.

Huge upside as he gets in better condition and tightens up his technique. He wasn’t even here for spring.
What was the story with him on signing day… I vaguely recall that we got either a late flip or someone who didn’t get a lot of attention???

What was the story with him on signing day… I vaguely recall that we got either a late flip or someone who didn’t get a lot of attention???

He was working in a Chick Fil A, a virtual unknown, and the manager, a very smart and astute redneck, saw his potential and got him to commit to Florida, they even filmed a commitment video.

Then Andrew Ivins, who is secretly employed by John Ruiz, tipped off a Miami coach, and a short little skinny Cuban guy, who everyone thought was just the janitor, infiltrated the Gator camp, stole the commitment video, offered Anez a scholie and we and stole him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
natural run blocking ability is already there. i expect his pass protection to develop quickly as well. this just shows what this staff can do with a really raw prospect out of high school

Scaife is solid, but he's never impacted a game the way Cooper did the second half on Saturday. If Cooper has already been running with the 2's like D$ said, I highly doubt he redshirts and wouldn't be surprised to see him start at some point this year.

I think he can be our best option at RT against the bigger, stronger DLs we play.

Last edited:
Wow we went from having 0 depth at oline and next year we could be sitting pretty there. Now if we can shore up the Dline will be eating.

Advertisement
That's just poor logic. You don't not play a Freshman who has earned the PT for 4 games to start the season because you may need him for the final 3. If we need him for the final 3, we'll be very glad he got PT at the start of the season! Like maybe if you want to save a game for the bowl or something, that's fine. Otherwise if **** happens and he's needed to end the year, oh well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back