An underlying issue

Dump the def. staff get some new hard nosed coaches in here, don't stop recruiting so fla, but expand outside the region a little to find good players who won't play bs games with the coaches. Start winning and the kids will take notice and want to be apart of it.
We need to work inroads with these mentors, but it's a big country with a lot of great players, go find them!

Meanwhile, in the land of reality and sanity, Coach Coley just called another trick play, the offense went 3 and out, and Morris chucked it up for grabs on 3rd and long...but let's keep bytching about the defense.

Advertisement
And for those who think its a simple thing for Golden to fix, you are wrong. What Pete is really getting at, is the "unofficial crowd" in the SoFla scene, very much including the 7 on 7 coaches and people, and that is a CESSPOOL where a lot of the shady sh8t goes on, and something Golden has to tread VERY carefully with.

We have recruited some really good players this year but if you want "everyone" *cue gif*, you gotta pay the price and these guys man the cashier! That's why guys like Gatewood & Genron catch so much ****! Do they deserve it? **** yes but they put themselves in position lot make calls.

BINGO.

i dont get all this. a few weeks back pete said alot of recruits actually liked coach d.

And for those who think its a simple thing for Golden to fix, you are wrong. What Pete is really getting at, is the "unofficial crowd" in the SoFla scene, very much including the 7 on 7 coaches and people, and that is a CESSPOOL where a lot of the shady sh8t goes on, and something Golden has to tread VERY carefully with.

We have recruited some really good players this year but if you want "everyone" *cue gif*, you gotta pay the price and these guys man the cashier! That's why guys like Gatewood & Genron catch so much ****! Do they deserve it? **** yes but they put themselves in position lot make calls.

BINGO.
Disagree.
It's so easy to say that every kid that come here does so because we dida good job recruiting. .. but every big time p player that goes elsewhere does so because of money.

I think Gatewood used undue influence but I don't think he was paid anymore than I think Donnell was paid (who also used undue influence).

That argument is an exercise in intellectual dishonesty.

BINGO.
Disagree.
It's so easy to say that every kid that come here does so because we dida good job recruiting. .. but every big time p player that goes elsewhere does so because of money.

I think Gatewood used undue influence but I don't think he was paid anymore than I think Donnell was paid (who also used undue influence).

That argument is an exercise in intellectual dishonesty.

I think you are using bad examples to make your point. The point is fair. The examples are not the best.

Advertisement
i dont get all this. a few weeks back pete said alot of recruits actually liked coach d.

This is one of the 100 questions I have that will remain unanswered.

How do we explain the 2014 Class? Recruits have seen enough (Al Golden started 2011 when they were freshman) but they are lining up to play for this team and the D.

This is one of the 100 questions I have that will remain unanswered.

How do we explain the 2014 Class? Recruits have seen enough (Al Golden started 2011 when they were freshman) but they are lining up to play for this team and the D.

Early playing time

Didn't read the whole thread but I know this much. "The U" isn't as cool as it once was. We don't have the same respect or luster that we once did. However, we're still getting some pretty elite kids. But it is true that many people down here don't care for us anymore. IMO there's several factors...

1. It doesn't help that we get our **** pushed in on national TV and overall we look passive. Neither scheme that we run, offense or defense, is very attractive to the kids down here. If we were running the spread on offense and being aggressive on defense we might appear more attractive. Even if you finish the season at 9-4, if you're scoring a bunch of points and punching people in the mouth on defense then it's more attractive. It's perception. We're talking about kids here.

2. There's sooooo many D1 recruits down here that many of them are bound to get ignored by Miami. (or not offered) This creates some hate. Every kid who can chew bubblegum and run down here thinks they're UM caliber. They don't understand that Miami can't take them all.

3. Miami, or South Florida, is a fair weather area. Everybody down here is a front-runner and a trend follower. The days of finding high character kids who wanna BUILD something are over. (at least down here) Just look at the high school free agent transfers every year for an example.

4. A lot of slimy *** people down here looking to capitalize off these kids. A guy that my wife worked with was associated with Central's program. When I said to him that he needs to get Cook to Miami his exact words were "Miami ain't cuttin' that check."

Miami football is no longer fun. Our schemes aren't fun. Our coaches aren't fun. We handcuff these kids from playing with aggression and passion. You might be able to do that somewhere else in the country but not at Miami. I watched that Louisville game for a 2nd time last night. Those kids are off their leashes. They're talkin' trash before and after plays, they're gettin' chippy, they're playing aggressive. Basically...FLORIDA STYLE FOOTBALL. As a kid, you're watching that and saying to yourself "I wanna be apart of that. They out there loose!" We don't play like that at Miami and kids see stuff like that.

Advertisement
look at our senior class. the majority arent even florida kids. they were a bunch of 2/3 stars from other parts of country. how is that possible? smh

Advertisement
I don't get the comments about the offense. They were bad in the bowl game but they scored points throughout the year. Threw it deep. Attacked.

WildcatDefense, Your last paragraph hit the nail on the head. Lets hope that this incoming class can force Al to change this. This class seems to have alot of personalities (Kaaya, Berrios, Valentine, CThomas especially) and lets hope Al doesnt put them on a leash. Esp since the NCAA cloud is off us. (Which has been Als excuse for every **** thing)

When I watched that UL game I saw the "U" ten years ago. Kids having fun. Talkin trash. Playing aggressive. We didnt look like a team that hadnt been in a bowl game in 3-4 years. Al has been mighty quiet since Sat night..Lets hope he has locked himself in his "think tank" and is trying to find ways to fix this ****. And if the New Years Eve party is at his house this year, he better not have invited D'Nofrio!

Advertisement
Wildcat, March your *** down to the Gables and throw that impressive resume of yours right down on the Athletic Directors desk and lets see how long before you are hired. I am still wondering how it is possible with all your knowledge of football, colleges are not beating your door down. Why are you still picking up high school kids jocks in the locker room instead of making your mark? If it turns out you are not qualified for a division 1 job stfu.

I don't get the comments about the offense. They were bad in the bowl game but they scored points throughout the year. Threw it deep. Attacked.

That's about all they did, throw it deep. That's the whole offense. Stretch play, screen, deep ball. Double-TE sets and stretch plays are not what kids like to see. We don't throw the ball all over the field. There's nothing fun about our offense. It's not very attractive. Sure, when Dorsette is beating people deep it looks **** but that doesn't always happen. Our offense is "all or nothing".

We don't utilize our speed and get athletes in space. We don't toss it all over the field.

Advertisement
Back