An underlying issue

Worst part of croton. These nobodies who "mentor" these young men and look out for their "best interest".
These HS coaches should be ashamed. It's crazy they have such big egos and such small pay checks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't get the comments about the offense. They were bad in the bowl game but they scored points throughout the year. Threw it deep. Attacked.

That's about all they did, throw it deep. That's the whole offense. Stretch play, screen, deep ball. Double-TE sets and stretch plays are not what kids like to see. We don't throw the ball all over the field. There's nothing fun about our offense. It's not very attractive. Sure, when Dorsette is beating people deep it looks **** but that doesn't always happen. Our offense is "all or nothing".

We don't utilize our speed and get athletes in space. We don't toss it all over the field.

We had a terrible QB

We had a terrible QB so we chose to throw the most difficult routes on the field? (verticals, deep outs and outside hitches)

You guys keep convincing yourself that Morris handcuffed Coley. Fisch didn't seem to have a problem.

The offensive numbers under Fisch were slightly worst last year. But it's ok Morris is an NfL QB who is going to be the next Russell Wilson right?

Are we seriously having this debate about Morris? The guy was a terrible college QB. PERIOD. He has a MILLION dollar arm, and on occasion can make PHENOMONAL passes. But he has ZERO consistency. His problem is ALL between the ears. The kid cant check down, go through progressions, read coverages, or drive his offense down the field. He can execute some great passes, when everything lines up perfectly for him. He likes the long ball, and its usually the safest passes for him when thrown in man coverage. But as soon as he starts having to go through progressions, throw accross the middle, look for his RB coming out of the backfield, it all goes to sh*t.

Which is why I have said 10000 times on these boards, I would rather have a smart QB, with an average arm, than a dumb QB with a Cannon any day of the week in college football. We have playmakers. We just need a smart QB that can get them the ball, not make mistakes, and lead the offense down the field.

Morris argument no fun. Please go back to wildcatdefense being told his place was picking up high school players jocks. Much more entertaining.

Advertisement
Are we seriously having this debate about Morris? The guy was a terrible college QB. PERIOD. He has a MILLION dollar arm, and on occasion can make PHENOMONAL passes. But he has ZERO consistency. His problem is ALL between the ears. The kid cant check down, go through progressions, read coverages, or drive his offense down the field. He can execute some great passes, when everything lines up perfectly for him. He likes the long ball, and its usually the safest passes for him when thrown in man coverage. But as soon as he starts having to go through progressions, throw accross the middle, look for his RB coming out of the backfield, it all goes to sh*t.

Which is why I have said 10000 times on these boards, I would rather have a smart QB, with an average arm, than a dumb QB with a Cannon any day of the week in college football. We have playmakers. We just need a smart QB that can get them the ball, not make mistakes, and lead the offense down the field.

I agree with you. We have always done very well with QBs with physical limitations who played within themselves, were smart and just moved the chains: Bernie Kosar, Steve Walsh, Geno Torretta, and, I hope, Ryan Williams. We might actually be better next year with Williams. I don't expect Olsen to be in the equation--even if he's on the team. I have no inside information, but it wouldn't surprise me if his days are numbered at the U. Sounds like a spoiled, entitled brat. Maybe he should transfer.

My ***.

Relationships are not how you gain respect for the program.

Winning is.

It's no secret that FSU has been pulling in top classes over the past few years even when they were struggling as a program. How did that happen? They had coaches like Coley, Dawsey, Gran, and Haggins who are all extremely well-respected down here. Now they are winning because of that stockpiled talent and an elite QB.

LOLOLOLOLOL are we really this naive? What made them "respected". Craig and Coley and Co were just such coaching forces to garner such respect? Do they have some secret south Florida magic manners?

No...... They have booster money. They don't hand it to themselves, and can be blissfully ignorant. But after they recrui kids, booster money tips the scales. Be a GROWNUP and understand that recruiting is about how much you pay a kid as it is about "being respected". Mentors don't like us bc we don't Pay them.

Advertisement
Dump the def. staff get some new hard nosed coaches in here, don't stop recruiting so fla, but expand outside the region a little to find good players who won't play bs games with the coaches. Start winning and the kids will take notice and want to be apart of it.
We need to work inroads with these mentors, but it's a big country with a lot of great players, go find them!

Meanwhile, in the land of reality and sanity, Coach Coley just called another trick play, the offense went 3 and out, and Morris chucked it up for grabs on 3rd and long...but let's keep bytching about the defense.

You are such a hero with all your postings. What's your point with UM football, is your job to satisfy all the positive people? I don't get where you stand brah

Didn't read the whole thread but I know this much. "The U" isn't as cool as it once was. We don't have the same respect or luster that we once did. However, we're still getting some pretty elite kids. But it is true that many people down here don't care for us anymore. IMO there's several factors...

1. It doesn't help that we get our **** pushed in on national TV and overall we look passive. Neither scheme that we run, offense or defense, is very attractive to the kids down here. If we were running the spread on offense and being aggressive on defense we might appear more attractive. Even if you finish the season at 9-4, if you're scoring a bunch of points and punching people in the mouth on defense then it's more attractive. It's perception. We're talking about kids here.

2. There's sooooo many D1 recruits down here that many of them are bound to get ignored by Miami. (or not offered) This creates some hate. Every kid who can chew bubblegum and run down here thinks they're UM caliber. They don't understand that Miami can't take them all.

3. Miami, or South Florida, is a fair weather area. Everybody down here is a front-runner and a trend follower. The days of finding high character kids who wanna BUILD something are over. (at least down here) Just look at the high school free agent transfers every year for an example.

4. A lot of slimy *** people down here looking to capitalize off these kids. A guy that my wife worked with was associated with Central's program. When I said to him that he needs to get Cook to Miami his exact words were "Miami ain't cuttin' that check."

Miami football is no longer fun. Our schemes aren't fun. Our coaches aren't fun. We handcuff these kids from playing with aggression and passion. You might be able to do that somewhere else in the country but not at Miami. I watched that Louisville game for a 2nd time last night. Those kids are off their leashes. They're talkin' trash before and after plays, they're gettin' chippy, they're playing aggressive. Basically...FLORIDA STYLE FOOTBALL. As a kid, you're watching that and saying to yourself "I wanna be apart of that. They out there loose!" We don't play like that at Miami and kids see stuff like that.

Oh my, someone who gets it. Great post

Last edited:
Advertisement
Getting back to the original topic:
I'm not sure if its been mentioned, but I think that one thing that Al could have done to help the situation is hire Telly Lockette as Rb coach and keep Hurlie Brown it the position that he was in. That might have also helped us land Yearby and Cook. I realize that Al was returning and rewarding Hurlie's loyalty and hard work, but sometimes in life you have to be a little more cold blooded.

edited to add:

disregard, i see its been mentioned. I guess I should have read more before posting.

Last edited:
Still waiting on Wildcat to let us know where he coaches. He wont tell anyone because you will never find his name at any high school as a coach. Just a message board want to be. Mods, You got it wrong,read the post and my response to his, was let me know where you coach and then you can slap me yourself. That is not a threat. His feelings are hurt and he has been called out,why protect him when he deceives the board with false credentials? He said in his post, where were you when his team was putting up all these defense stats and my response is how could i be there when no one knows where you coach. Some of you boys are naive. Crying for a mods protection on a message board not to manly, glad he was never my make believe coach.

I cant believe I missed this thread... Can anyone explain why Barrow doesn't have as much pull as we all originally thought? Isn't that the reason he remained on the staff??

Advertisement
Charlie Strong is a ******* fraud! 1st he is a Gaturd, through and through. 2nd his resume is built on Teddy Bridgewater. If he can show me his abilities next year without his diamond QB, I will change my mind! 3rd, He is a Gaturd, he will never accept The U and we dont need a low life Gaturd walking around our campus!

Folks we have plenty of Miami bloodlines around the country that can be great coaches, below is a list which I rather see than a Gatur!!!!

Chuds
Schiano
Tubberville
Orgeron
Dorsey
Butch
Cristobal

Still waiting on Wildcat to let us know where he coaches. He wont tell anyone because you will never find his name at any high school as a coach. Just a message board want to be. Mods, You got it wrong,read the post and my response to his, was let me know where you coach and then you can slap me yourself. That is not a threat. His feelings are hurt and he has been called out,why protect him when he deceives the board with false credentials? He said in his post, where were you when his team was putting up all these defense stats and my response is how could i be there when no one knows where you coach. Some of you boys are naive. Crying for a mods protection on a message board not to manly, glad he was never my make believe coach.

He is a coach.

Dump the def. staff get some new hard nosed coaches in here, don't stop recruiting so fla, but expand outside the region a little to find good players who won't play bs games with the coaches. Start winning and the kids will take notice and want to be apart of it.
We need to work inroads with these mentors, but it's a big country with a lot of great players, go find them!

Meanwhile, in the land of reality and sanity, Coach Coley just called another trick play, the offense went 3 and out, and Morris chucked it up for grabs on 3rd and long...but let's keep bytching about the defense.

You are such a hero with all your postings. What's your point with UM football, is your job to satisfy all the positive people? I don't get where you stand brah

Where do I stand? Well, I stand with Miami. I'm an alumnus. I go to every game I can (usually 2 or 3 per year). I support the program...coaches and players alike, but I'll call out bad coaching and play when I see it. Coach Coley is far more the underachiever on this staff than the coaches who are getting all of the venom from our stupid fans. The offense has talent, the defense does not. I think our fanbase is made up of a bunch of frucking retards. I think we have ignorant teenagers, who weren't even a stain in their daddy's underwear when this program was being built, who think they know something about Miami football, covering this team as "the media" (Ha!) for those retarded masses. And this board is the result...a bunch of teenaged idiots stroking each other in between video games, waiting by their electronic device for any sign of 'news' from some teenager who knows jack ***** about football or the program, without having a clue about reality, history, and facts. That's where I stand.

He is a coach.

Why would I lie about being a coach on a 7-3 team? It's not like I'm saying I coach at STA or Miramar or U-School. LOL

And it's not like getting a high school coaching job is hard to do and something worth lying about. SMH

Advertisement
Back