Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference between a kid cancelling a visit because he is ready to commit and putting on the full-court press to force a kid to cancel a visit.

Again, let's not fall for the false equivalency game.

Agude visited THREE schools, Oregon, Washington, and Miami. Tennessee was also in consideration, and that is the visit he cancelled. I have seen no evidence, statements, or even rumors that Agude's cancellation of the visit to Tennessee was due to UM putting pressure on him. So the kid had 4 visits set up and he made three. That is not the same as Mims having TWO back-to-back visits set up, and then widespread reporing that University 1 pressured him to cancel the visit to University 2.

What I am saying is very simple. A. Not all cancellations are equal, and not all cancellations should be cited as evidence that "everybody does it, man". B. Until someone with actual knowledge (and they know who they are) says that Mario is pressuring all of these recruits to cancel visits, I'm not buying that false equivalency. Does Mario WANT every recruit to take all five visits every single time? No. But I have seen no allegations that Mario pressures kids to cancel visits based on a fear of comparison. Do we want faster decisions, when possible? Yes.

In our short and limited sample size, though, Mario has slowed kids down from committing and he displays a propensity of only wanting commitments that are solid, not ones that are extracted from high-pressure sales tactics and underhanded maneuvering.

Sure, in a perfect world, every Miami recruit would take exactly 1 visit and commit to us immediately. But I'm not going to equate Agude cancelling his 4th visit...to what is happening with F$U and Mims.

Not gonna do it. Because those things are not equal.
So it’s ok for us to get Agude to shut down his future visits after visiting Miami because he visited some schools prior to us but it’s not ok for Norvell to do the same thing with Mims because FSU was his 1st visit? Like if he had visited Auburn then FSU and then shut it down without getting to Miami, that would be different???

Norvell did a good job here for FSU with Mims, if this is done, like Mario did for UM with Agude.

Advertisement
Tough to consider anything about this saga as fact but something doesn't make a lot of sense.

Kid goes to visit FSU- ok
The plan all along was a visit to FSU and then head to Miami for a visit- ok

So if these two things are indeed facts-
How were they going to get to Miami after the FSU visit if Mom has never been on an airplane? That would be a **** of a drive on Easter weekend, no?

He might not have had ANY intention of visiting FSU.

He could have been set on Miami in his own mind, but once his parents and coach get involved, he gets convinced to go check it out. Now EVERYONE is putting the full court press on him to stay. His mom may have given lip service to the Miami idea just to get him to visit, never having any intention to make the trip. ****, she probably was completely opposed to it from the jump.

This is all speculation of course but the way this has gone down with there being almost no FSU smoke in the beginning tells me he is likely having his family trying to persuade him not to follow his first mind.

It can be difficult for a guy his age from his situation to overcome all that and step out.

I hope the kid finds the strength to make his own decision whether he chooses us or not. The worst decision I ever made was allowing my parents to influence my college choice when I knew what I wanted.

So it’s ok for us to get Agude to shut down his future visits after visiting Miami because he visited some schools prior to us but it’s not ok for Norvell to do the same thing with Mims because FSU was his 1st visit? Like if he had visited Auburn then FSU and then shut it down without getting to Miami, that would be different???
Did he officially cancel his Miami visit? This thread has turned into conjectures and grievance hearing. Who has the sauce into what exactly is happening? None of the "insiders" are even posting. The people who reported he visiting earlier in the week, shouldn't they be able to tell us if he cancel the visit or its still on?

Did he officially cancel his Miami visit? This thread has turned into conjectures and grievance hearing. Who has the sauce into what exactly is happening? None of the "insiders" are even posting. The people who reported he visiting earlier in the week, shouldn't they be able to tell us if he cancel the visit or its still on?
Nobody knows man lol. We’re in either wait and see mode or we think he ain’t coming

Advertisement
Good lord, I get who he was as a HS receuit, but is he really worth all this hoopla? I'm not even clear on my he left UGA. It always sucks to lose a guy you want to anyone, especially the Noles, but this is the best staff UM had had in decades. Our HC's area of expertise is the OL and his position coach is an incredibly well thought of developer of talent; whereas FSU has been so bad developing OL, let alone coaching them, it's literally been where QBs go to die. To be sure, we're paying our players now, too. If Mike Norvell is > all of that for him... OK.
He left because Matt Luke promised him early playing time.

I’ve prefaced every post up to and including this one with a caveat essentially “if this has happened” or “if this is done” (here in a subsequent immediate edit) because I don’t know. My responses are for anyone thinking that Norvell getting Mims to shut it down - if that’s what happened - is unacceptable behavior - when we do it and should do it when we can and close on targets. The dude did what he’s supposed to do.

Did anyone actually expect any different? Miami isn’t a big time school and Wario isn’t a big time coach.

Same goes for FSU and Norvell but they have an advantage with this kid re: location so what exactly were we going to sell him on?
Who unbanned your ***?

Get your crybaby troll *** TF outta here, Tony I'm on Percocets

Advertisement
Wait so with Mims.. The only source I have seen say that he is rescheduling his visit is DannyBoyCane. Is ANYONE else, either Gaby, Ferman or any of our insiders on this board confirming that?

Also... Do we have any info if Miami still expects him today/ Tommorow or is Mum the word?

I’m not truly concerned about the player. Would love to have them. What I’m more concerned about is the transfer portal pipeline. It seems as if we’re developing one with UCLA. But it also seems as if Fsu is developing one with Georgia. I’d rather have those Georgia kids if we’re being honest.

Between this and Focus On Find Potato, we’ve basically wrapped up the post of the year nominees in April

I can see where you might think that and Focus on Find Potato is by far the front runner IMO, but never underestimate the ability of CIS porsters to drop nun **** or something similar that will make the classics thread.

Advertisement
I’m not truly concerned about the player. Would love to have them. What I’m more concerned about is the transfer portal pipeline. It seems as if we’re developing one with UCLA. But it also seems as if Fsu is developing one with Georgia. I’d rather have those Georgia kids if we’re being honest.
I want nothing to do with a transfer pipeline.

You're meant to use the portal to pluck the best kids from wherever they may be, not pick up the scraps of Georgia.

Did anyone actually expect any different? Miami isn’t a big time school and Wario isn’t a big time coach.

Same goes for FSU and Norvell but they have an advantage with this kid re: location so what exactly were we going to sell him on?
@RVACane since you byke 2 months should be good here.

Advertisement
Well we did get this guy...
JEQ5TWORQVBRFI4P27MWM4IOJ4.jpg

I want nothing to do with a transfer pipeline.

You're meant to use the portal to pluck the best kids from wherever they may be, not pick up the scraps of Georgia.
What exactly makes them scraps? Jackson turns himself into a first round pic. Mims five star player who wasn’t able to crack starting rotation, but from everything we’ve heard has a stout future. Maybe there’s something to be said of these teams like Alabama and Georgia and Ohio state that load up consistently on four and five star players. Those four and five star players that don’t crack the field in the first year, that doesn’t mean there’s scraps. To each their own I guess.

So we here arguing over suppositions and FSU fan site hedging. For some reason this thing reminds me of Shemar Stewart, except we are Texas A&M and FSU is us. For all the family talk i remember Alex Collins momma running away with his LOI and he still went to Arkansas. I also remember Landon Collins momma mad af when he went to Bama. And Gerard did the same and went to UF.

We need some facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back