Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
And U are a huge part of it. U definitely have the most posts in this thread, cared the most, straddled the fence and trolled from beginning to end 😂. U one of the funniest dudes in this joint.

I haven’t cried once. I said from the jump to not get hype and everyone got all emotional and since then I just been ******* with people and posting random gifs.

Also I heard if we get to 200 pages he will visit

Advertisement
Lol calling FSU staff “petty”..that’s their job. When you have a TAKE on a visit the goal should be seal the deal and have the kid shut it down. All these campus can leave a impression so it’s important to be the freshest impact in a kids 18-22 yr olds mind

But u seem to be looking for a rise outa people to admit its a L. In case you aint know, no one knows if a transfer is a L until they played. Last season mans were meh on Rambo, claiming he was beaten out by younger players. He came and broke records of all time UM greats. And for all we know our OL could actually get better with coaching and yes there could be other OL out there in the portal, no one knows. If he goes to FSU, we move. They still a dump, fact.
Gotcha. So according to you, I can never say losing a recruit is an L before I see them play? And if I do say losing out on a recruit is an L, I must be doing so to get a rise out of people (that's not what I was trying to do, as I explained...)?

Any other rules I should know about when talking about recruiting?

I totally agree... How can this be considered a loss if he never gave us the chance to compete for him?

Now if he visits us and still choose fsu.... That's an L we gotta hold lol
In all fairness and honestly, if we back channeled and are an integral reason behind him deciding to hit the portal, then it is a loss for him not to even hear our pitch nor visit. Now I’m not one that believes it’s over yet tho, just saying.

Of course it's a loss. What it is NOT is an indictment on Mario, the staff, or the program as some are implying. Kids and their families have different priorities, preferences, and motivations. You can take your best shot, but ultimately if they value close to home, past relationship with Atkins, and smaller city over bigger NIL and better staff, it is what it is. Can't win them all.
Agree. Point of my post was not to indict Mario or any of the staff. But just to respond to the folks claiming we can find a similar caliber OT in the portal this cycle.

Advertisement
This is irrelevant to the trajectory Cristobal is shooting for.

The kid seems to be a good player, but wherever he goes, I did have a nagging question as to why he isn't a GA starter. Always possible he is the 3rd best tackle in America, but that seems unlikely.

I was happy to follow the Mario ride before this kid popped up and will be after this dies down.

Got the Spring game to yap about for a few days, then portal ins and outs, then the long dry spell til practice starts.

Hope you like you some NBA and NHL playoffs. Maybe some college baseball.

fsu sucks.png

FIFY

The kid seems to be a good player, but wherever he goes, I did have a nagging question as to why he isn't a GA starter. Always possible he is the 3rd best tackle in America, but that seems unlikely.

One of the OTs he is behind is the returning starter on a 15-0 national champion team. The other OT is a guy that was a 5*, #1 player in the state of GA and #1 OT just like Mims was, except he is a year older so he has a leg up on him.

Advertisement
From what I’ve heard mom wasn’t on the FSU visit. At least that’s what the 247 mofos said..
Who knows what is true but I’m pretty sure I saw it said in here you could see mom at the pathetic welcome video Noles 247 posted.

The goal is to get the kid to join your team not someone else’s.

Agude came here, cancelled a subsequent planned visit elsewhere (Texas????) and committed to us. Mario did his job. I see no difference with what Norvell has apparently done, assuming it comes to fruition, as painful as the loss may be for us in this instance. If Norvell is a pvssy for it then every other coach that does this, our’s included, is a pvssy for it too. They’re not pvssies for it. They’re doing their jobs successfully. Bottom line is getting the players.

Now, I think it’s dumb on its surface, for Mims not to hear our NIL deal out, knowing that he’s the top guy on the market and we have a billionaire at the ready, but it’s also possible that he wants to be close to home and/or doesn’t want to be in a big city and FSU offered him enough where he’s good with it. Nothing we can do there. I’d be upset if a local 305 kid did this to us to go to FSU. We’ll win ours too.

There's a difference between a kid cancelling a visit because he is ready to commit and putting on the full-court press to force a kid to cancel a visit.

Again, let's not fall for the false equivalency game.

Agude visited THREE schools, Oregon, Washington, and Miami. Tennessee was also in consideration, and that is the visit he cancelled. I have seen no evidence, statements, or even rumors that Agude's cancellation of the visit to Tennessee was due to UM putting pressure on him. So the kid had 4 visits set up and he made three. That is not the same as Mims having TWO back-to-back visits set up, and then widespread reporing that University 1 pressured him to cancel the visit to University 2.

What I am saying is very simple. A. Not all cancellations are equal, and not all cancellations should be cited as evidence that "everybody does it, man". B. Until someone with actual knowledge (and they know who they are) says that Mario is pressuring all of these recruits to cancel visits, I'm not buying that false equivalency. Does Mario WANT every recruit to take all five visits every single time? No. But I have seen no allegations that Mario pressures kids to cancel visits based on a fear of comparison. Do we want faster decisions, when possible? Yes.

In our short and limited sample size, though, Mario has slowed kids down from committing and he displays a propensity of only wanting commitments that are solid, not ones that are extracted from high-pressure sales tactics and underhanded maneuvering.

Sure, in a perfect world, every Miami recruit would take exactly 1 visit and commit to us immediately. But I'm not going to equate Agude cancelling his 4th visit...to what is happening with F$U and Mims.

Not gonna do it. Because those things are not equal.

Advertisement
My guess is it's something like "he wants to strongly consider Miami but is also good with FSU. Mom and Dad already made up their minds about FSU, and don't even want him to look at Miami" for whatever reason
I see. Yeah still strange

A slight deviation of topic. I assume it's their youth, and the lack of information on their parents, guardians, etc. But I don't understand the idea of programs asking/telling kids not to visit other schools. These kids don't realize how much power they hold, especially the top ones like Mims. If I'm a top recruit, and a school asks me to not visit another school, that would probably be enough for me to tell them I'm nit signing there. I know, it's easy for me to say that because I'm older and it's not always that easy, but a lot of times, these kids hold the coaches' job in their hands and they routinely have coaches and programs ******** them over.

Advertisement
I’ve given him credit for landing the guys he has. He’s done a great job. Can we not be critical of of the misses?

Gotta look at the overall picture, and at OT we’re a little light. It’s ok to not just kiss his *** everywhere
So you are going to be critical then every time every year with every recruit who chooses someone else over us and in turn you are making sure you are keeping it “real”? Talk about an easy gig when you take into account that every school gains recruits and loses out on recruits, especially when it comes to highly rated recruits.
But you and your ilk have an agenda or are just pessimists or are the ones who like to foolishly stand on rotted wood soap box acting like you are keeping it “real”.
When this is all quite simple, we are going to get some we are going to lose some just like any other school. Would we benefit potentially from this kid? Sure, maybe and it would have been nice to add him. Does it change our trajectory? No. Will we be getting guys like him in the future? Yes. Will we be losing out to guys like him in the future? Yes. Crazy concept but how about taking a wholistic approach and view and not a case by case one? Again unless you have an ulterior motive

Good lord, I get who he was as a HS receuit, but is he really worth all this hoopla? I'm not even clear on my he left UGA. It always sucks to lose a guy you want to anyone, especially the Noles, but this is the best staff UM had had in decades. Our HC's area of expertise is the OL and his position coach is an incredibly well thought of developer of talent; whereas FSU has been so bad developing OL, let alone coaching them, it's literally been where QBs go to die. To be sure, we're paying our players now, too. If Mike Norvell is > all of that for him... OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back