Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
James Williams tried to recruit him back in the 2021 cycle, but IDK if anyone in Manny's staff ever recruited him seriously. Mario and Mirabal did recruit him while at Oregon and Ditto for Steele and Auburn. He's about to hit the portal and rumors are Miami is significantly involved so time to create a thread for him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Previous thread on CIS on Mims where Williams tried to recruit him so he does at least have some ties to Miami which might explain the interest (along w/Mario and Mirabal obviously).

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220410-093224_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
James Williams tried to recruit him back in the 2021 cycle, but IDK if anyone in Manny's staff ever recruited him seriously. He's about to hit the portal and rumors are Miami is significantly involved so time to create a thread for him.

FYI media has been listing his class wrong, he was in the 2021 class as the #1 player in GA and #8 overall in the country.

FYI media has been listing his class wrong, he was in the 2021 class as the #1 player in GA and #8 overall in the country.
Yep, I noticed that when I created the thread. If he was in James Williams class, he has to be 2021.

So far, we know he has ties to UM through Steele and James Williams. Anyone know if Mario recruited him while at Oregon?

Advertisement
Yep, I noticed that when I created the thread. If he was in James Williams class, he has to be 2021.

So far, we know he has ties to UM through Steele and James Williams. Anyone know if Mario recruited him while at Oregon?
He had an Oregon offer but doesn’t look like he visited there. All of his visits were in the SEC along with FSU and Clemson

Advertisement
Well, that’s precisely what I wanted to hear. Gracias! He would certainly fill any and all Conerly void, and serve as Mario’s and Mirabel’s signature boss OL move here.
This is why I don't sweat HS recruiting. The portal has been very sufficient. Elite talent will be in the portal every year.

I said it before, and I'll say it again:

HS recruiting - NFL Draft
Portal - NFL Free Agency

I wouldn't be surprised if most teams (non-tier 1 teams) will rely heavily on portal additions than HS recruiting.

Manny saw some success with the portal, but Michigan St. gave out the blueprints.

Going forward, most players will be at a program for 1-2 years instead of 3-4 years.

Here’s an article written about him 4 days ago by Dawg Nation praising his work ethic and improvement this spring. As said, he has 2 very talented OL ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back