Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally get the religious aspect (as for post #1, although I honestly don't know how religious he is)...just weird regarding the point he wanted this done quickly' so it seems counterintuitive to postpone this til next week.

Again it's all mute if he commits there tonight or whatnot.
He and his family are being held hostage at the end of goons wielding crab legs - alert the authorities. Calmate.

Advertisement
IF I wanted to give more credit to FSU than they deserve intellectually then there is a devious play here on this "reschedule" front.

You have the kid keep us at bay and get any onus off his back from actually having to tell our staff that he ain't coming with this "reschedule" nonsense.

You then have him formally announce FSU during the middle of our Spring Game tomorrow.

Would it really matter beyond like a day? Nah. But it would be the petty move by a desperate staff up there but I don't think they have the mental bandwidth to even manage doing something pretty simple like that without effing it up with an assist from Warchant.

Facts. We didn't even know bro existed 2 weeks ago. If he wants to lose at FSU that's on him. I definitely aint taking it as some L.
There was some 1,800 page thread a few weeks back. Read before it self destructs was the title. It was fantastic. Have no clue who it was about. Zero. I won’t remember this kid until he plays a game.

Reactions: Dre
Tough to consider anything about this saga as fact but something doesn't make a lot of sense.

Kid goes to visit FSU- ok
The plan all along was a visit to FSU and then head to Miami for a visit- ok

So if these two things are indeed facts-
How were they going to get to Miami after the FSU visit if Mom has never been on an airplane? That would be a **** of a drive on Easter weekend, no?

Advertisement
Let’s give an RV to the parents
Not just any RV.
A Prevost.

2020MY_H3-45_VIP_0036_01_Orgnl_RGB_0.jpg

We try to and do the same thing. If Norvell shut our visit down then he did his job.

Not every situation is identical and not every comparison is accurate.

People try to cite the Mesidor situation, but there are other factors at play. Mesidor visited us a week ago and he still hasn't visited USC (which was one of his first transfer offers, for the record). We also have something that is on hold with the Jacksonville State kid. I'm not saying we cannot take both, but if we can't get an answer from Mesidor, then we have to turn our attention to clearing up the issues that are holding up the other kid.

On the other hand, F$U is pressuring a guy to not take a trip, literally, the two days after their visit. F$U has no other OLs lined up, just waiting on the Mims decision.

But, sure, the not-really-as-big-Miami-fans-as-they-claim are going to constantly play the false equivalency game. Everything is equal. Everybody does the same stuff. Miami is just as bad and just as blameworthy as everyone else in the world.

Whatever. In every other situation where TIME and SCHOLARSHIPS were not at a premium, Mario has been fine with having kids visit other schools. Mario has refused to take commits from kids who haven't even visiited UM or brought their parents to visit UM.

There's no fear on the Miami coaching staff of any recruits visiting any other schools. If Miami wants Mesidor to commit now and not travel to USC, it's not out of a fear of USC. There are other considerations here.

Tough to consider anything about this saga as fact but something doesn't make a lot of sense.

How were they going to get to Miami after the FSU visit if Mom has never been on an airplane? That would be a **** of a drive on Easter weekend, no?
I think Elon set up the hyper loop for them but it broke down. They’ll be back down in a week or so when it is back up and running.

Advertisement
There was some 1,800 page thread a few weeks back. Read before it self destructs was the title. It was fantastic. Have no clue who it was about. Zero. I won’t remember this kid until he plays a game.
Haha now I want the kid to help raise our ceiling but if when he plays he's doing it for FSU he's going to get smoked and get smoked by us. Aint no worries.

I'd say this. The family might only have to fly for the home games in Miami. We'll be playing in College Station, Blacksburg, Charlottesville, Atlanta, and Clemson, which are all manageable drives. And I'm not sure anyone wants to make special trips to Miami for Bethune-Cookman, Southern Miss, and Middle Tennessee.
With the exception of College Station, which is a much longer drive from Cochran, GA than Miami, you may have a point. Although, Blackburg and Charlottesville aren't much shorter drives than Miami.

This is a loss, plain and simple.

And I doubt there’s another opportunity to land a similar-caliber OT in the portal this cycle.

Most CFB teams don’t have uber-talented 5-star Tackles playing second fiddle (OSU? Bama? Georgia?). Hopefully a player at Bama/OSU/Georgia leaves again, but I wouldn’t expect a player of similar caliber to enter the portal this cycle.

This was a once every cycle or so type of opportunity.
Of course it's a loss. What it is NOT is an indictment on Mario, the staff, or the program as some are implying. Kids and their families have different priorities, preferences, and motivations. You can take your best shot, but ultimately if they value close to home, past relationship with Atkins, and smaller city over bigger NIL and better staff, it is what it is. Can't win them all.

Advertisement
Lot of vets have said, just follow the visits, or actions. Honestly my gut says he was set for Miami, unfortunately he isn't the decision maker. That's about all I can offer. Other than the rah rah from our side how much positive info was coming direct? Not much.

You think the Ruiz family should be telling DBC of all people the details on the ins and out of a highly sought after recruit? You don't think Mario cares if his biggest public booster is telling a random cane fan stuff about a recruit? The way Mario treats recruiting? Ok. Sure. I mean it would be like shouting into the void. No one actually believes what he writes anyway. He'd be the perfect person to tell secrets too.
I guess we will just agree to disagree. It’s not a big deal.

Advertisement
Not every situation is identical and not every comparison is accurate.

People try to cite the Mesidor situation, but there are other factors at play. Mesidor visited us a week ago and he still hasn't visited USC (which was one of his first transfer offers, for the record). We also have something that is on hold with the Jacksonville State kid. I'm not saying we cannot take both, but if we can't get an answer from Mesidor, then we have to turn our attention to clearing up the issues that are holding up the other kid.

On the other hand, F$U is pressuring a guy to not take a trip, literally, the two days after their visit. F$U has no other OLs lined up, just waiting on the Mims decision.

But, sure, the not-really-as-big-Miami-fans-as-they-claim are going to constantly play the false equivalency game. Everything is equal. Everybody does the same stuff. Miami is just as bad and just as blameworthy as everyone else in the world.

Whatever. In every other situation where TIME and SCHOLARSHIPS were not at a premium, Mario has been fine with having kids visit other schools. Mario has refused to take commits from kids who haven't even visiited UM or brought their parents to visit UM.

There's no fear on the Miami coaching staff of any recruits visiting any other schools. If Miami wants Mesidor to commit now and not travel to USC, it's not out of a fear of USC. There are other considerations here.
The goal is to get the kid to join your team not someone else’s.

Agude came here, cancelled a subsequent planned visit elsewhere (Texas????) and committed to us. Mario did his job. I see no difference with what Norvell has apparently done, assuming it comes to fruition, as painful as the loss may be for us in this instance. If Norvell is a pvssy for it then every other coach that does this, our’s included, is a pvssy for it too. They’re not pvssies for it. They’re doing their jobs successfully. Bottom line is getting the players.

Now, I think it’s dumb on its surface, for Mims not to hear our NIL deal out, knowing that he’s the top guy on the market and we have a billionaire at the ready, but it’s also possible that he wants to be close to home and/or doesn’t want to be in a big city and FSU offered him enough where he’s good with it. Nothing we can do there. I’d be upset if a local 305 kid did this to us to go to FSU. We’ll win ours too.

From what I’ve heard mom wasn’t on the FSU visit. At least that’s what the 247 mofos said..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back