Amari Daniels quote

He might be built like Yearby(i dont know I havent seen Amari in person) but they have two different running style to me. Amari seems way faster than Yearby. It also seems like Amari one cut and full speed while Yearby is slower but way more wiggle. He almost always made the first tackler miss. Also yearby also finish he runs stronger than Amari. It's just my 2 cent.
God **** I loved Joe wish Golden didn’t ruin him by fattening him up man. That boy could play running back so sad to see what happen to him

Advertisement
Lattimore is the first running back that pops in my head as a what could've been if not for injuries during my lifetime. He had it all and I saw Canton like quality in the limited action he had in college as well as before.

WR, our very own AR2 was a collosal loss as well. As talented as any WR there was we've had come through.
Marci Lattimore was the next AP I thought he was that good before his knee injuries

Missed Evals all day. We could of won with guys like Bernard/ white. You take those two any day over mike james. I never understood the love affair for him. Somehow we lucked into getting Linder who is a stud. Golden managed to get Dorset.

Recruiting and evals were insanely poor
Linder wanted to be home and fish. He was always a great steady hand. Pure luck to your point, but dam those OL evaluations for his class were spot on! Golden wanted Rashad Green, but lucked into Dorset. FWIW Green was the better route runner and had the better college career of the two. Dam Jimbo and Cooley ate our lunch for years. That was a tough time to be a fan of recruiting. Lol that was the beginning of twitter. Our coaches couldn’t even text properly. Lmao we got rolled on the daily. Jimbo clowned us cycle after cycle. I will forever love me some Willie T 😍 I can’t wait for them to rename the stadium, cancel the chop and forever ban that terrible chant. LFG!!!! 🙌

Last edited:
Linder wanted to be home and fish. He was always a great steady hand. Pure luck to your point, but dam those OL evaluations for his class were spot on! Golden wanted Rashad Green, but lucked into Dorset. FWIW Green was the better route runner and had the better college career of the two. Dam Jimbo and Cooley ate our lunch for years. That was a tough time to be a fan of recruiting. Lol that was the beginning of twitter. Our coaches couldn’t even text properly. Lmao we got rolled on the daily. Jimbo clowned us cycle after cycle. I will forever love me some Willie T 😍 I can’t wait for them to rename the stadium, cancel the chop and forever ban that terrible chant. LFG!!!! 🙌
And somehow FSU has downgraded every coach recruiting wise after jimbo. Taggart was much worse than jimbo and norvell is proving to be even worse than taggart which is crazy considering the program was just annually getting top 5 or so classes just a few years back

Advertisement
Ehhh. Iont know about Lattimore being on track to be the next AP at the time. He was more Todd Gurley then AP to me.

Yup... I was his peer counselor (along with a majority of the FB players) and a big fisherman, him and I would pull little redfish out of the back canals running to the lake in between classes, he absolutely loved to fish and was not going to go anywhere without water access.

Seems that UGA is after Daniels hard behind the scenes. Rusty Mansell started what has become a fairly lengthy thread dedicated to hiim.

Interesting nugget picked up this weekend from someone at the Top Gun FBU camp in Naples. 2021 RB Amari Daniels from Miami Central told some people there that Georgia was a team recruiting him “really hard “and James Cook was really trying to sale him on playing in Athens. He may not be too far off from a decision, he told 247Sports on Tuesday. He was just invited to the All American bowl after working out this weekend in Naples.

Fans posting are split due to his 3 star ranking but those familiar with his team and Florida football in particular, are really talking him up.

The other UGA writer , Kipp Adams, said he's been told Daniels has been pretty hight up on their board for awhile and it seems like it's down to UGA and Miami. There is some talk he may want to stay closer to home so it's a situation to watch.

I don’t question his talent, but you could argue that Yulkeith Brown or Breshard Smith can offer the same skill set while also being better receivers.

My question is with our numbers being so tight right now, is he a take?

I wouldn’t mind having him in the class, but I don’t think we can take his commitment until much later in the game.

Advertisement
I don’t question his talent, but you could argue that Yulkeith Brown or Breshard Smith can offer the same skill set while also being better receivers.

My question is with our numbers being so tight right now, is he a take?

I wouldn’t mind having him in the class, but I don’t think we can take his commitment until much later in the game.
I think we really need to take a second RB. There is a pretty good chance Harris declares after the season and Burns grad transfers. That would leave the 21 team with only 3 backs. 3 really good backs, but that is really thin. So, I think it makes good sense to take Daniels.

I would say if there was a confidence that Burns is not going to leave, then the need wouldn’t be as strong.

I think we really need to take a second RB. There is a pretty good chance Harris declares after the season and Burns grad transfers. That would leave the 21 team with only 3 backs. 3 really good backs, but that is really thin. So, I think it makes good sense to take Daniels.

I would say if there was a confidence that Burns is not going to leave, then the need wouldn’t be as strong.
Yeah only having 3 RBs in the room is definitely a problem I hope we don’t have to deal with, so unfortunately I think we’re in a wait and see situation.

Advertisement
Tough year but I’d take Yul and Smiff first.

I don’t feel like Thad is a big threat to bolt anymore, but obviously that would change things.
I wouldn’t. You obviously take Smith as the slot but we have to stop putting kids you don’t have the frame to play certain positions in those positions. Nobody is recruiting Yul as a P5 back and we shouldn’t either. Smith has the frame but he’s a WR. Neither are backs and if we’re taking a 2nd RB then actually look for a RB. Amari Daniels isn’t the only option. Heck, I see it as a reason to offer that kid Jordan Poole who ran 4.6 at 225 and already is a 1500 yard back.

I wouldn’t. You obviously take Smith as the slot but we have to stop putting kids you don’t have the frame to play certain positions in those positions. Nobody is recruiting Yul as a P5 back and we shouldn’t either. Smith has the frame but he’s a WR. Neither are backs and if we’re taking a 2nd RB then actually look for a RB. Amari Daniels isn’t the only option. Heck, I see it as a reason to offer that kid Jordan Poole who ran 4.6 at 225 and already is a 1500 yard back.
In my scenario we are keeping Thad and don’t take another back.

You don't need a 2nd back in this class. A 2 year haul of Chaney, Knighton, and Franklin is not only fine, it's absurd.

Daniels is a nice prospect, but we need 4 WRs. Yul & Smith > Daniels.

Advertisement
Seems that UGA is after Daniels hard behind the scenes. Rusty Mansell started what has become a fairly lengthy thread dedicated to hiim.

Interesting nugget picked up this weekend from someone at the Top Gun FBU camp in Naples. 2021 RB Amari Daniels from Miami Central told some people there that Georgia was a team recruiting him “really hard “and James Cook was really trying to sale him on playing in Athens. He may not be too far off from a decision, he told 247Sports on Tuesday. He was just invited to the All American bowl after working out this weekend in Naples.

Fans posting are split due to his 3 star ranking but those familiar with his team and Florida football in particular, are really talking him up.

The other UGA writer , Kipp Adams, said he's been told Daniels has been pretty hight up on their board for awhile and it seems like it's down to UGA and Miami. There is some talk he may want to stay closer to home so it's a situation to watch.

Going to UGA would be the dumbest move this kid makes. He will be riding the pine and transferring within 2 years

Does anybody expect Cam Harris to be here next year? Also, whether Burns grad transfers or not he can't be relied on.

We need another true RB in this class. Yeah, Smith and Brown can play RB in spot duty, but neither can play RB full time. We're likely to go into 2021 with three true RBs on the roster which leaves us an injury away from awful RB depth.

And somehow FSU has downgraded every coach recruiting wise after jimbo. Taggart was much worse than jimbo and norvell is proving to be even worse than taggart which is crazy considering the program was just annually getting top 5 or so classes just a few years back
Meanwhile, Texas A&M is on probation.. go figure 🤷🏾‍♂️. The NCAA helped everybody beat us down in recruiting. Now it’s a new day.

Advertisement
Back