Amari Cooper

datcaneguy

Senior
He remaiss an Alabama commitment but that "I'm still thinking about

"I just like everything. I liked the place. I just like UM."*

The visit, it enlightened me, let me know there are a lot of things I didn't think about before, small things. Like just staying home, being able to see my family every day, stuff like that. And travel expenses, stuff like that."*

Says he won't be taking anymore visits and plans on being an early enrolle, so he's going to have to make a decision soon.

Highlight of the trip was bowling with the team and visiting the stadium

Was visited last week by Mcdonald, Fisch, and Barrow...and expects a couple more in-home visits next week from cane coaches

Says he like Coach Mcdonald ad that he's a great coach

Vernon Davis a 7 on 7 teammate of his told him he might as well come to miami, we need recievers and were trying t get back to the old miami Cooper responded by laughing...

Advertisement
This will tell us how much coach Saban values Amari Cooper. There will most certainly be an in-home visit from someone on the Bama staff. Does he send an assistant or does coach Saban himself go himself?

With all due respect to Lex (Alex), I'm not a huge fan of Amari. This isn't to the level of our Aldarius Johnson debates, but I just think he leaves a lot to be desired. I think he has skills and some nice attributes. However, I rarely watch him excel at anything more than a 9/go route. He's sloppy as **** in his route running. While he sometimes shows some wiggle to beat press coverage, he'll basically just try to go vertical or nothing. Can he improve and become polished at Alabama? Sure. I actually think he's better off over there than in Miami. Maybe he'll be hungrier and more focused in that environment.

Give me a guy like Lockhart over a guy like Cooper.

With all due respect to Lex (Alex), I'm not a huge fan of Amari. This isn't to the level of our Aldarius Johnson debates, but I just think he leaves a lot to be desired. I think he has skills and some nice attribute., However, I rarely watch him excel at anything more than a 9/go route. He's sloppy as **** in his route running. While he sometimes shows some wiggle to beat press coverage, he'll basically just try to go vertical or nothing. Can he improve and become polished at Alabama? Sure. I actually think he's better off over there than in Miami. Maybe he'll be hungrier and more focused in that environment.

I dont know I somewhat disagree... I think this is the type of receiver we need... I think he's a good route runner... He's not really a burner... He's more of a possession wideout who's fundamentally sound... I seen the kids highlight and I like how he beats the jam as well as his jab step to get separation when running routes... I dont recall too many plays when he just being sent deep on a go route... I seen quite a few slants, screens, and hooks that he takes for good yardage... Its just my opinion, but I think he's totally different than what you described him as...

Advertisement
Like they say Lu....Big time players make big time plays !!!! Maybe he could come and excel here with this coaching staff....They want him for a reason and I trust Golden and his staff to do the right thing....Just my .2 cent

With all due respect to Lex (Alex), I'm not a huge fan of Amari. This isn't to the level of our Aldarius Johnson debates, but I just think he leaves a lot to be desired. I think he has skills and some nice attribute., However, I rarely watch him excel at anything more than a 9/go route. He's sloppy as **** in his route running. While he sometimes shows some wiggle to beat press coverage, he'll basically just try to go vertical or nothing. Can he improve and become polished at Alabama? Sure. I actually think he's better off over there than in Miami. Maybe he'll be hungrier and more focused in that environment.

I dont know I somewhat disagree... I think this is the type of receiver we need... I think he's a good route runner... He's not really a burner... He's more of a possession wideout who's fundamentally sound... I seen the kids highlight and I like how he beats the jam as well as his jab step to get separation when running routes... I dont recall too many plays when he just being sent deep on a go route... I seen quite a few slants, screens, and hooks that he takes for good yardage... Its just my opinion, but I think he's totally different than what you described him as...

I've seen him live limited times and then seen all his video online. I really don't see the route running. I'm open to some examples, though. I saw A LOT of 9 routes. His cuts aren't sharp. He's not a quick burst guy in his cutbacks or breaks. He has a role, and I guess my point is that we can go with another guy over this particular role.

*I will say this: maybe they like him as a future Safety!*

Watch the first two minutes of this video alone (for the go routes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRSzguCvRGQ

Advertisement
Lu, I want us to take him

He has been the most productive WR in Dade County this season. He is raw as a prospect, but he has come a long way in the last two seasons. He should a lot after that central game some NW players quit since their season was over and Cooper played both ways in the Soul Bowl and led a short handed team to a win to end their senior seasons.

I like him better than Carter and Waters

AJ turned out to be the laziest mfer in the world. And that destroyed his college career.

From the reading that article it sounds like not having to prepare for a bowl-game has been really beneficial recruiting wise. I know our staff will take full advantage of this.

I like this kid. considering the size of this class, the fact that he is in one of our pipe line schools, he makes a lot of plays, appears to have the frame to be a pretty big WR with some good wiggle to go with it...not elite speed but plenty fast. how could you not like taking him? there are a few guys in this class that I would toss out to make room for him

This will tell us how much coach Saban values Amari Cooper. There will most certainly be an in-home visit from someone on the Bama staff. Does he send an assistant or does coach Saban himself go himself?

Does the NCAA still have the rule that a Coach can only do one off-campus visit to a recruit? Has Sabin has visted Cooper off-campus before?

Advertisement
Can we talk him into playing corner? Didn't look bad returning those ints and I'll take anything over what we ran out there this year.

Can we talk him into playing corner? Didn't look bad returning those ints and I'll take anything over what we ran out there this year.

I really think he's a safety. He is big...too big to be a CB, and don't think he has the hips anyway. He's a legit 6'2 - 200lbs right now.

Like I've said since he was in the mix over on scout...meh. If we take him...cool. If we don't get him...oh well.

Advertisement
I was also 'meh' on this kid when he was brought up earlier in the year....but that all changed when I saw his senior highlights. Not only does he has legit size, he gets open with ease, has elite ball skills, and adequate speed to take it the distance. I really think he can be a #1 receiver. I think he's sold on playing at UA, but I would be ecstatic to pick him up. Cooper ist Monsta.

Most would argue that the best WR's in the state are 2013 kids. Coley, Cunningham, Travis Johnson etc.

Advertisement
Back